XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Different Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 06:51 AM
Location: South of Sweden (summer) & South of Spain (rest of year)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Different Electrical Issues

Hello from Marbella! (Southern Spain, Europe)

I have a 2007 XK 4.2 Convertible (Final Edition) and I am generally very happy with the car. I found a few issues as part of the pre-purchase investigation (A/C drainage clogged, Electric chairs not calibrated and the steering wheel electric adjustment not working). I thought the local Jaguar dealer should be able to fix this but here is what happened and I could need some experts advice on:

1) They managed to repair the A/C drainage, it was the small pipe that had clogged (a typical error for this model - I had it on 3 of my cars). However after this repair the iPod connection (Jaguars original module) didnt work any longer. The dealer tried to fix it and claims everything is fitted properly and no fuses blown etc. but could not solve it - any ideas?

2) They managed to reset the chairs so they are working properly again but they could not reset the steering wheel adjustment. When I try adjust it I can see/hear that the electric adjustment kicks in but stops (sort of similar to how the uncalibrated chairs behave - there is life but no movement). So I still believe the system can be ok and that the dealer dont have the full knowledge how to reset/recalibrate the steering wheel adjustment - any ideas?

This Jaguar model has become my personal favourite and I am always impressed with how well it keeps up with newer sports cars in terms of driving experience and design.

Thanks in advance, Johan

Old 11-11-2021, 12:10 PM
Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Hello Johan
I just did calibrate both seats and the steering wheel on my 2008 XKR last week. Glad you got your seats working at least.

My original problem was the drivers seat was stuck in a fully reclined position but decided to calibrate both seats and the steering wheel while SDD was connected even though the passenger seat and steering wheel did not seem to have any obvious problems. I used SDD version 130.

The steering wheel calibration was easy to do and basically only required entering a serial number in the calibration program. The serial number is on a decal on the right side of the boot above the spare wheel well and under the boot side trim. You only enter something like 11 of 13 characters of the serial number. This serial number is not the VIN.

Since these cars are sensitive to battery state, A couple of simple things you might check are: is the battery good and fully charged, and do a hard reset of the electrics.

Good luck

The following users liked this post:
Jaguar_XK (11-13-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 01:00 PM

Thank you V7Sport !

Old 11-13-2021, 02:08 PM
GGG
Received 16,819 Likes on 12,177 Posts

I think you have the electrical issues resolved .......... I wish I had the AP-7 issues resolved and wasn't a prisoner in the UK.

It used to be once or twice a year but it's two years since my Jaguar was overlooking the Mediterranean.

Graham

Old 11-13-2021, 02:55 PM

Graham,
I drove the AP-7 today, so I can confirm its still there. 22 degrees at sunset and top down. Life is good at Costa del Sol. Let me know next time your Jag is here, cheers // J

Old 11-13-2021, 07:03 PM
Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
I think you have the electrical issues resolved .......... I wish I had the AP-7 issues resolved and wasn't a prisoner in the UK.

It used to be once or twice a year but it's two years since my Jaguar was overlooking the Mediterranean.

Graham
Love your license plate! Southern Spain is on the bucket list so will add the AP-7 as a must do.

The following users liked this post:
Greenfire (11-14-2021)