XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Does anyone know

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default Does anyone know

Just saw this posted on eBAY and was wondering if anyone knows of this car.
Jaguar XKR Convertible | eBay

Old 02-21-2014, 07:49 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

That car was on autotrader for the longest time. The seller wanted sometime like $174,000. I seen it on autotrader about a year ago. I remember it because of the price, paint detailing, performance seats and being a convertible with same pictures. I'm not sure if it is the same seller. I'd be careful buying such a high value item from an ebay member with "0" feedback. Although, the price is now more reasonable. The car looks fantastic.

I would not buy into the so called "collectors edition".

Last edited by DGL; 02-21-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
That car was on autotrader for the longest time. The seller wanted sometime like $174,000. I seen it on autotrader about a year ago. I remember it because of the price, paint detailing, performance seats and being a convertible with same pictures. I'm not sure if it is the same seller. I'd be careful buying such a high value item from an ebay member with "0" feedback. Although, the price is now more reasonable. The car looks fantastic.

I would not buy into the so called "collectors edition".
What concerned me was after looking into the details I still could not find if the title was clean. There seemed to be a question about it. Also it sounds like a private sale which would be a concern especially with his 0 feedback. New news:I asked the seller a question he just answered and it is a private seller and there is a lien on the title.

Last edited by jagtoes; 02-21-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
Cool Really?

Originally Posted by jagtoes
What is so collectible bout it? Standard brake calipers. Not so collectible. Interior? Doesnt look so hysterical to me. All the hype? Did the pope drive it? Was it involved in the assasination of a head of state? Are the other 2 in museums? And if not, I am sure that the factory has one of the other 2 if it is so rare. Best quote on this from my fiance: "You are one of a kind, a tru rarity. And I dont see anyone kickin down the door let alone spending 75 grand to own your ***"

Old 02-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SoCal Babe
What is so collectible bout it? Standard brake calipers. Not so collectible. Interior? Doesnt look so hysterical to me. All the hype? Did the pope drive it? Was it involved in the assasination of a head of state? Are the other 2 in museums? And if not, I am sure that the factory has one of the other 2 if it is so rare. Best quote on this from my fiance: "You are one of a kind, a tru rarity. And I dont see anyone kickin down the door let alone spending 75 grand to own your ***"
I'm not to enamored with the so called collectible but it looks good and is in the right price range. I imagine there are others out there but this just came up and almost met my criteria. After getting the note from the seller that it has a lien on it I think there is more to it so it's better to back off and find something that has more of what I'm looking for.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Smile something better

I'm not to enamored with the so called collectible but it looks good and is in the right price range. I imagine there are others out there but this just came up and almost met my criteria. After getting the note from the seller that it has a lien on it I think there is more to it so it's better to back off and find something that has more of what I'm looking for.
YOu are rite the car looks great!!! However there ae so many better deals than this. Florida has an abundance of xkr ragtops that are just waiting to be sold. The prices in south Florida are so much lower than what u will find in the rest of the country. Dont make the mistake of another member on this forum, who jumped at the most available xkrs, that turned out to be a program car with issues, and an elevated price. Remember, U HAVE THE MONEY, yu make the rules, not the seller. The hype on this advertised car is such bullsh** too. That in and of itself is a turn off.. Be patient you will get what you want , at the price u want, in short order. Spring is almost here. Check cargurus or autotrader. Good luck!! And rememebr: NEVER BUY A PROGRAM CAR!!

Old 02-21-2014, 10:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Interesting indeed. I would not let the lien bother me, if there was an interest in this car. Appearently the owner is over his head financially. He has a loan against the car with a finance company or bank of some sort. The car is the collaterial for the loan.

This owner might be hard up for cash and may be stressed financially owning an asset that he can no longer afford or pay for. He has a depreciating asset.

After 31 years as a financial advisor with major Wall Street firms, I have seen this occurance happen more than once.

If interested consider a low ball offer. Take advantage of his potential financial demise to benefit yourself.

With only 4800 miles, the car is practically new. Entertain an offer under $70,000.

The owner has reduced the price several times just recently from $87,500 to $79,500 to now $75,500.

Also previous ads show the car with 4800 miles while the current eBay ad shows 1100 miles.

Do your due dilgence, investigate, research.

The car does look AWESOME.

Also, after researching, I believe the current eBay ad may be a phony. Zero feedback, and does not agree with other ads on this Jaguar. Beware. I have seen fake ads on eBay motors. The seller is asking for a quick $500 down, which may be a take your money and run.

http://findyourauto.net/Jaguar-XKR-C...282980998.aspx

http://losangeles.ebayclassifieds.co...e/?ad=31449673

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-XKR-C...-/321298794318

http://www.cargeni.com/car-detail/xk...266893440.html

http://www.postrex.com/Jaguar-XKR-Co...248562886-ebay

http://shopomatic.ru/catalog/show/321248562886

http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/.../detailse.html

http://ebay.effectauto.ru/detail/Jag...282980998.html

Last edited by richzak; 02-21-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

If it's in the LA area and you can arrange, I would be happy to take a look in person.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

Yeah, it might be an unusual combination, but it's not an official limited edition. And the performance figures are BS; the seller is just trying to talk the car up, and I feel it actually hurts his pitch rather than helps it. However, it's a nice looking car. If the history checks out, and you can get someone to actually look at it and make sure the car and vendor are kosher, it could be worth it if the price is right.

The following users liked this post:
SoCal Babe (02-22-2014)
Old 02-22-2014, 05:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadyJC
If it's in the LA area and you can arrange, I would be happy to take a look in person.
Thousand Oaks, apparently.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:47 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

I offered him $45,000. He declined and said I wasn't even close. A scammer may have jumped at getting my $500 as a deposit. I'll be in LA in 2 weeks and may take a look at it. I don't really want it and would not pay anymore than $55,000 for it as I would drive it and flip it for a profit.

The lien on the car can easily be settled by doing your due diligence. I'm sure California has a rigid personal property lien registration system that a lawyer can check and issue you some sort of warranty for $200.

I have the same pictures he is now using to sell the car stored on my computer from when he had it advertised at $174,000. It now has 4,800 miles, or as he says, and the pictures are from a car with 1,100 miles. Get him to update his pictures with new pictures if you are seriously interested.

You are in the drivers seat as the buyer. I might play with him a bit to see what his bottom price is.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:48 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ngarara
Yeah, it might be an unusual combination, but it's not an official limited edition. And the performance figures are BS; the seller is just trying to talk the car up, and I feel it actually hurts his pitch rather than helps it. However, it's a nice looking car. If the history checks out, and you can get someone to actually look at it and make sure the car and vendor are kosher, it could be worth it if the price is right.

+1 Good advise.

I messaged him to get some more information and will post his reply. someone just may be able to get it for a good price. It is a good looking car.

Last edited by DGL; 02-22-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Veteran Member

YOu are rite the car looks great!!! However there ae so many better deals than this. Florida has an abundance of xkr ragtops that are just waiting to be sold. The prices in south Florida are so much lower than what u will find in the rest of the country. Dont make the mistake of another member on this forum, who jumped at the most available xkrs, that turned out to be a program car with issues, and an elevated price. Remember, U HAVE THE MONEY, yu make the rules, not the seller. The hype on this advertised car is such bullsh** too. That in and of itself is a turn off.. Be patient you will get what you want , at the price u want, in short order. Spring is almost here. Check cargurus or autotrader. Good luck!! And rememebr: NEVER BUY A PROGRAM CAR!!
SoCAL I have been working with a few dealers in Florida looking for a car. So far only 1 or 2 have shown up that is a somewhat fit to my wants. The market for 2012 XKR convertibles with under 10,000 miles and in either Blue , Red or Green is slim. I might take a Black car if I get impatient but I'll give it a few more months. The going rate seems to be around $80K and book has them at $75K so maybe some more cars will be coming off of lease. Meanwhile I've reached out to the Texas and mid west dealers as well as down the east coast. By the way I've seen maybe a half dozen or more 2011's that fit my wants but I would like the changes in the 2012's. So if you know of something then please drop me a line and I'll see if it fit my wants.

Last edited by jagtoes; 02-22-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member

It seems that the price point is at 2011 to 2012 years. There are sufficient numbers of 2011 and even 2010 converts out there with low mileage and in between $60-$70K. Once you hit the 2012 years they all seem to be around $80K. I also bet other then the Florida cars when the spring convert weather starts the prices will hold but not go down until/unless the 2015's come out. The other factor is mileage as anything in the 10K-15K range are premium price. So the search continues.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:25 AM

SoCAL I have been working with a few dealers in Florida looking for a car. So far only 1 or 2 have shown up that is a somewhat fit to my wants. The market for 2012 XKR convertibles with under 10,000 miles and in either Blue , Red or Green is slim. I might take a Black car if I get impatient but I'll give it a few more months. The going rate seems to be around $80K and book has them at $75K so maybe some more cars will be coming off of lease. Meanwhile I've reached out to the Texas and mid west dealers as well as down the east coast. By the way I've seen maybe a half dozen or more 2011's that fit my wants but I would like the changes in the 2012's. So if you know of something then please drop me a line and I'll see if it fit my wants.
Try Auto America in Grand Prairie Texas. This is a Top notch dealership that specializes in locating and buying Jag xkr, Maseratis, Porsches and other hard to find cars. Last year they sold a Xkr ragtop 2013, in new condition with several optional packages with under 400 miles, thats rite, 400 miles for 88,000. I had the chance to drive it and a maserati they were selling. This is a great company. If you fly into Dallas they will send a limo to pick you up as a convenience to you. Great people to do business with. They bought the former site of AutoNation in Grandprairie

Last edited by SoCal Babe; 02-22-2014 at 09:29 AM.
jagtoes (02-22-2014)
Old 02-22-2014, 01:32 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 1,049 Posts

NEVER BUY A PROGRAM CAR!!
Please educate an ignorant Brit: what's a program car?

Old 02-22-2014, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
Please educate an ignorant Brit: what's a program car?
I disagree on the premise that a potential buyer "should not buy a program car". Some of these cars provide potential "good values" while others may not be so good. You should use judgement vefore purchasing however.

See this link for a basic explanation, that will answer most questions.

What Is a Program Car? | eHow

Hope this helps answer any of your questions.

scm (02-22-2014)
Old 02-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

I haven't bought a car privately that had a lien on it, but I did sell one of my cars that had a lien on it. That was a huge pain in the ***!

First of all, many buyers were turned off by the fact that it had a lien on it, so I had to drop my price significantly. Then the buyer was financing the car, so his bank paid off my loan, and then the title was supposed to be sent to his bank once the lien was cleared. But the title got lost in the mail after being sent by DMV. A few weeks passed, and the buyer was unable to register the car so I let him use my license plates. Finally I had to apply for a duplicate title and then I drove it personally to the buyer.

There were so many steps where a dishonest person could've completely scammed the other, or at least made it hell trying to sort things out. I'm not one to give a stranger the benefit of the doubt when dealing with large sums of money, so I probably wouldn't do it again.

Last edited by amcdonal86; 02-22-2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: typo
DGL (02-22-2014)
Old 02-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
I haven't bought a car privately that had a lien on it, but I did sell one of my cars that had a lien on it. That was a huge pain in the ***!

First of all, many buyers were turned off by the fact that it had a lien on it, so I had to drop my price significantly. Then the buyer was financing the car, so his bank paid off my loan, and then the title was supposed to be sent to his bank once the lien was cleared. But the title got lost in the mail after being sent my DMV. A few weeks passed, and the buyer was unable to register the car so I let him use my license plates. Finally I had to apply for a duplicate title and then I drove it personally to the buyer.

There were so many steps where a dishonest person could've completely scammed the other, or at least made it hell trying to sort things out. I'm not one to give a stranger the benefit of the doubt when dealing with large sums of money, so I probably wouldn't do it again.
You're right a lien car is a PITA to purchase. I bought my 66 XKE from a Penn. state trooper way back when and he had a lien on it. I did a trade of my 63 Corvette but had to follow him to both his bank to pay the loan off and get a statement to get the registration cleared. . Then went to the Penn MVB to turn in his plates and get a clearance registration. I had to make sure I had all of the paper work so there wasn't a problem when I registered the car in NY. By the way in those days the car registration was the transfer document as they didn't have titles. I don't think I'll do it again unless there is an easier way to do it.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:43 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Inspection

Just a thought but depending on your situation you may want to contact an independent Inspection service. Many are available in the LA area. However if the 1 forum member who offered to look at the car for you, that would be ideal. If the buyer balks at giving you the address for the car then you know he is bogus.