XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

electrical problems??

Old 03-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 693 Likes on 562 Posts
Default electrical problems??

I have been considering lately getting an 07 XKR and i still want one but i was talking to a friend the other day who recently graduated from UTI and he said all the engine management on the early ones and most of the electronics are ford. He said the engine management is messed up and they blow coils like noones business.

Does anyone have input on this, my friend tells me bullshit sometimes and like to hate on cars for stupid reasons while he loves cars that actually are stupid, but he is certified and all....

he gives me **** for my XJS but he drives a lincoln mark 8 he thinks is badass.

thanks!

Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by sidescrollin
I have been considering lately getting an 07 XKR and i still want one but i was talking to a friend the other day who recently graduated from UTI and he said all the engine management on the early ones and most of the electronics are ford. He said the engine management is messed up and they blow coils like noones business.

Does anyone have input on this, my friend tells me bullshit sometimes and like to hate on cars for stupid reasons while he loves cars that actually are stupid, but he is certified and all....

he gives me **** for my XJS but he drives a lincoln mark 8 he thinks is badass.

thanks!
I think you have answered your own question. I would have no problem "discussing" your friends asinine comments directly with him. (I have degrees in electrical and computer engineering)

I've had my 07 XKR for about a year and have not experienced any problems, save replacing the battery.

Obviously your friend doesn't know what he's talking about...

Has he ever owned an XKR? (any year?) Lincoln Mark 8??????????

Old 03-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 693 Likes on 562 Posts

no but you can see where that would give me some hesitation.

from looking it up i found ONE youtube video, just one where a guy was driving one and the seatbelt light was going off for apparently no reason and the car wouldn't start....but i think it was just barely bumped out of park and the seatbelt..well idk but either way thats just a little microswitch thats failing.

the funny thing to me is he LOVES ford so i find it ironic he is **** talking the XK for something from the company he likes so much.

anyway I just wanted to hear from some owners to see whether or not anyone has had or heard of these kind of problems.

^^ thanks btw