XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Finally my turn for some PLATINUM service

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Finally my turn for some PLATINUM service

So I bought my car less than a year ago and not from a Jaguar dealer. It was still on warranty until June of this year and my plan was to drive it, work the bugs out and take it in prior to the expiration of warranty for a dealer servicing, a once over and the short list of defects I provided when I booked it;
-glove box slammed down
-paint flaking off 1 caliper drastically
-"service required light was on"

I was terrified to open my hood to strangers and I avoid dealerships.... I would be just another car coming to their store; another prey.
I got a quote for the oil change and expected the upsell of fluid flushes, filters etc. etc.

To my surprise, I was told immediately upon checking in "your car has Platinum service inclusivity, your oil change will be free and so will any required servicing per your schedule.... the caliper had a prior historic warranty repair so it would likely be replaced, the brake fluid was due for replacement and so were the wiper blades.....
I was stunned and waited for the other shoe to drop when I came to pick it up (less than 24 hours later) Everything was done and No charge!! Both air filters and the cabin filter as well were done. I had checked them prior and just replaced the cabin filter; it was not OEM so they replaced it and gave me the aftermarket one back.

Also, one of my front fender side air deflectors was puling away from the fender and I had shown that to the service writer. He informed me that he had called HQ, sent pictures and it would be repaired under warranty when I came back for the caliper that would also be warranted but had to be ordered...

I was treated so well, my car was parked carefully and when I came to pick it up it was in the breeze way with cones around it!!!! (Guess they saw my anguish leaving it in their busy lot)

I had called another dealer prior to buying my car and was told that the Platinum was not transferrable; boy was I surprised!!

The following 3 users liked this post by AllblueACR:
Cee Jay (05-02-2017), ralphwg (05-02-2017), texasxkr (05-10-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Just for your info about a year from now.....

'Service Required' Message appears on dashboard :

-This service reminder message sometimes appears as a result of the battery disconnect. Reset it as follows:

1. Press and hold the rear fog lamp switch (before the ignition is on).
2. Press the start button without applying the foot brake (do not start the engine)
3. Release the rear fog lamp switch (1sec)
4. Press and hold the trip computer cycle switch (within 1sec).
5. Press and hold the rear fog lamp switch. (within 1sec)
6. Continue to hold the trip computer and rear fog lamp switches.
7. The message center should display "resetting service mode" and then "service mode reset"
8. Release the trip computer and the fog lamp switches and turn the ignition off.

It works best if you get a good cadence going in your head and keep the beat.

The following 4 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
AllblueACR (05-02-2017), guy (05-03-2017), Queen and Country (05-03-2017), tberg (05-02-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 03:14 PM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 717 Posts

I love positively happy stories. Like you, I DON'T avoid the dealership. They have always come through positively for me.

Originally Posted by AllblueACR
So I bought my car less than a year ago and not from a Jaguar dealer. It was still on warranty until June of this year and my plan was to drive it, work the bugs out and take it in prior to the expiration of warranty for a dealer servicing, a once over and the short list of defects I provided when I booked it;
-glove box slammed down
-paint flaking off 1 caliper drastically
-"service required light was on"

I was terrified to open my hood to strangers and I avoid dealerships.... I would be just another car coming to their store; another prey.
I got a quote for the oil change and expected the upsell of fluid flushes, filters etc. etc.

To my surprise, I was told immediately upon checking in "your car has Platinum service inclusivity, your oil change will be free and so will any required servicing per your schedule.... the caliper had a prior historic warranty repair so it would likely be replaced, the brake fluid was due for replacement and so were the wiper blades.....
I was stunned and waited for the other shoe to drop when I came to pick it up (less than 24 hours later) Everything was done and No charge!! Both air filters and the cabin filter as well were done. I had checked them prior and just replaced the cabin filter; it was not OEM so they replaced it and gave me the aftermarket one back.

Also, one of my front fender side air deflectors was puling away from the fender and I had shown that to the service writer. He informed me that he had called HQ, sent pictures and it would be repaired under warranty when I came back for the caliper that would also be warranted but had to be ordered...

I was treated so well, my car was parked carefully and when I came to pick it up it was in the breeze way with cones around it!!!! (Guess they saw my anguish leaving it in their busy lot)

I had called another dealer prior to buying my car and was told that the Platinum was not transferrable; boy was I surprised!!

The following users liked this post:
AllblueACR (05-03-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 560 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Just for your info about a year from now.....

'Service Required' Message appears on dashboard :

-This service reminder message sometimes appears as a result of the battery disconnect. Reset it as follows:

1. Press and hold the rear fog lamp switch (before the ignition is on).
2. Press the start button without applying the foot brake (do not start the engine)
3. Release the rear fog lamp switch (1sec)
4. Press and hold the trip computer cycle switch (within 1sec).
5. Press and hold the rear fog lamp switch. (within 1sec)
6. Continue to hold the trip computer and rear fog lamp switches.
7. The message center should display "resetting service mode" and then "service mode reset"
8. Release the trip computer and the fog lamp switches and turn the ignition off.

It works best if you get a good cadence going in your head and keep the beat.

I am among those who cannot for the life of me get this to work. But then I'm not a great dancer either, so...

(As to the original post: I, too, have had mostly good experiences with dealer service for issues beyond my capability/time/interest level. And I always play "let's make a deal" once a price is quoted and they usually work with me.)

Old 05-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by pk4144
I am among those who cannot for the life of me get this to work. But then I'm not a great dancer either, so...

(As to the original post: I, too, have had mostly good experiences with dealer service for issues beyond my capability/time/interest level. And I always play "let's make a deal" once a price is quoted and they usually work with me.)
It took me 7 tries the first (and only) time I had to do it after I replaced my battery. I found that I had to complete the entire process in about 3 seconds. Memorize the steps and get a good cadence as mentioned above and go fast

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (05-05-2017)