XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The future of XK

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The future of XK

so i just read the news that XK 2015 will be the last one!

is this true?

XK is the only car when i see one on the streets i stop and stare.

can someone shed some lights on this? i might finally buy one if it's true.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Yes 2015 is the last year, Jag is focusing on the XE, F-Type, XJ and XFR. They also have a SUV that is being released soon. If you want a new one get them while you can as production is set to end any day now.

There reasoning is probably that its the oldest platform in the line and the GT market is pretty light in sales. They say another one is on the works for 2016 or beyond but it will be a bigger car and compete with the Bentley Continental.

That all I know at this point, and I'm sure other members know more.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it just shows that the majority in the universe have bad taste.

XK clearly looks amazing and way much better than the F-type (i can't get over how awful the rear is).

But of course the sales of the XK will drop if you don't market it and the entire marketing budget worldwide is going for the new F-type.

if they think the majority of the XK fans will settle for F-type they are completely wrong.

anyways, it's not clear wether the 2014 models currently in the market are last ones before the 2015 final fifty models or there will be 2015 models too.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This change was exactly the reason I decided to buy an older XK8 right now. Can't afford a newer one with my car and bike addictions but this is a perfect time to add an XK of any year to a collection in my opinion. By 2025 every one will be a future collectable. i've been wrong before but I feel pretty certain The XK is going to be a worthy addition

Old 06-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

They're doing some good deals on the run-out models at present. The current UK XKR base model is now the Dynamic R, which includes over £10k of what were options until this year. So, for £70k, you can get a car which is almost as quick as mine, and that cost £85k new.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:31 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by Syndarrin
This change was exactly the reason I decided to buy an older XK8 right now. Can't afford a newer one with my car and bike addictions but this is a perfect time to add an XK of any year to a collection in my opinion. By 2025 every one will be a future collectable. i've been wrong before but I feel pretty certain The XK is going to be a worthy addition

Yes, I agree. The XK is a major head turner. As time passes they will get even more rare and start to hold their value. Value, of course, will be based on condition and rarity of model. The XKR-S GT will be highly sought after and will be a great car for a collector to pick up when the depreciation bottoms in about 6 years.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
Yes, I agree. The XK is a major head turner. As time passes they will get even more rare and start to hold their value. Value, of course, will be based on condition and rarity of model. The XKR-S GT will be highly sought after and will be a great car for a collector to pick up when the depreciation bottoms in about 6 years.
I had a guy come running across a parking lot today yelling at me asking if that was a Jaguar. I was smiling and told him yes and he yelled back at his buddy saying "I told you it was a Jaguar". It was funny and we talked as I showed him the car. He just loved it and said this was the only XK he ever saw. I know there is a 2008 around where I live but have only saw it once. Other then that there isn't one around here for miles.

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (06-03-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I had a guy come running across a parking lot today yelling at me asking if that was a Jaguar. I was smiling and told him yes and he yelled back at his buddy saying "I told you it was a Jaguar". It was funny and we talked as I showed him the car. He just loved it and said this was the only XK he ever saw. I know there is a 2008 around where I live but have only saw it once. Other then that there isn't one around here for miles.
Every time you go to a gas station people will come over and want to know what it is.... I have no marking on my car but the very front.... most will never know what my car is when I pass them... all they will know is that is the most beautiful bad *** car they have ever seen!!!...and then...like that....its gone forever!!