XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Great track opportunity to enjoy your car and discover its performance virtues!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts
Default Great track opportunity to enjoy your car and discover its performance virtues!

I just received this email today from a Porsche club that I've driven with at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in my Supra. The event was very well run, and the track was among the safest I've run whether for you're a novice, or an advanced driver.

Instruction is included just like the Jaguar Performance Academy, and it'll be the most fun you can have in your Jag with your clothes on The cost for the 3 day event is incredibly low, and less than I usually pay for one day on the track without instruction. You may need to become a BMW-CCA members to attend this PCA event, or others, but there are many instructed BMW events as well that you can enjoy. I've enjoyed driving around the country to various events, and that provided a wonderful opportunity to drive the car in the grand GT tradition.

Feel free to ask questions about participating in Driver Education events, and those of us with experience will be happy to answer them.

Bruce

"Dear MVR Driver,
Dust off your helmets and clear your calendar, the MVR-PCA will be co-hosting a 3 day Driver Education at the world famous Mid Ohio Sports Car Course May 4th-6th 2012. Located in Mansfield, Ohio, this 15 turn, 2.4 mile track is a welcome challenge to any expert or novice driver. The DE in May is the perfect time and place to advance your skills as a driver and experience your car at optimum performance. Having a 3 day event is a unique opportunity to fine tune your driving…repetition and seat time are the most important factors in learning driving skills.
The cost for all 3 days is only $395 with instruction, which is a very reasonable cost per day compared to most 2 day DE’s. Registration is open now, just visit www.pcapotomac.us. If you already have an account with the Potomac region, sign up is easy. Simply log-on to the Potomac site and sign up for the event. If this is your first time signing up through the Potomac region, please follow the simple steps below…
1)Go to www.pcapotomac.us
2)Read and Accept the DE Rules
3)Click on the “online form
4)Fill out your general information and “Request Account
5)The Potomac region will email you a Name and Password…then simply log-in and complete driver, car, and payment information.
6)Sign up for the May 4th-6th DE and you are ready to drive!
Registration will be open now through the Thursday before the event, but please do not wait until the last minute to sign up. The Potomac region is one of the largest in the United States, so the DE is expected to fill up fast.
For any additional information, please contact Tony Calabrese: tcal007@aol.com
Or Craig Zenil: zman911@bex.net
Thanks for your support. Hope to see you at the track!
MVR DE Committee "