Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Has this happened to you?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts
Default Has this happened to you?

So, it was 82 degrees and sunny this afternoon and I'm stopped at a red light with the top down and from the pearl white Escalade to my left with the 22" chrome rims and thumping bass I hear a woman say "Nice ride". So I look over and in the passenger seat with the window down is this gorgeous young hottie with a big smile, and I say "Thanks". Before she could reply, the light turned green and I pulled away.

What do you think - compliment or proposition?

The following users liked this post:
AyyVlogs (04-07-2018)
Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
So, it was 82 degrees and sunny this afternoon and I'm stopped at a red light with the top down and from the pearl white Escalade to my left with the 22" chrome rims and thumping bass I hear a woman say "Nice ride". So I look over and in the passenger seat with the window down is this gorgeous young hottie with a big smile, and I say "Thanks". Before she could reply, the light turned green and I pulled away.

Depends on:
1) who was in the driver seat of that Escalade?
2) The age difference, if any?

I remember teaching a class of young engineers; one asked me about my ride at the time, a Lamborghini. So, he asks if was being overrun by "chicks"? I had one young, attractive female engineer in the class so, I turned to her with the question:

"Suzanne, we'll take you as an authority on female behavior; please tell us that just because an older guy, like me, (I was mid-40s at the time) drives a nice car, should it be assumed that young "chicks" would just throw themselves on this older person just because of the car he drives?"

So, Suzanne answered without hesitation:

"So, when can I get a ride in your Lamborghini"

Ha...ha..ha... that settled that question.

As far as your example; you left it unsettled. You could have just, without saying a word, politely pointed to the passenger seat next to you... who knows???

Albert

AyyVlogs (04-07-2018)
Old 04-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

You should have responded, "And the car is not bad either." You can tell a lot from a certain kind of smile from a woman.

There is a reason why young women are attracted to older men. Older men represent security - money, power, protection, and a host of other things. I don't profess to know a woman's mind, but I know that many women love the older Sean Connery much more than the younger one.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Compliment 1000%

Old 04-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

I hear a woman say "Nice ride".

Possibly she was making an informative statement about herself.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I can't decide if my XJS makes me look good or I make it look bad.

Stuart, Beautiful car! I noticed from your signature your car has the ivory/slate interior. I am going to buy an XK or XKR probably before the end of summer and I've seen pics of the ivory/slate and I'm kind of undecided. The ivory would be a good choice for So Cal summers, is it whiteish or does it have a grayish tinge to it? I haven't seen it in person, I"ve only seen it on line. Sometimes the ivory looks a little too white in pics, but, cameras and lighting have a lot to do with it. It looks good in your pic.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a black xkr...i figure pretty sexy car. I bought a 98 BMW Z3 beater, so that i wouldn't put so many miles on the jag. Funny thing is I get a lot more 'hottie's' giving me looks in the Z3. I can't really figure it out....but i think
A...most women don't know the difference...and the old Z3 just looks cute.
B. Its just easier to see the driver in a small convertible.
C. around where I live there are a zillion jags...and this is like the poor dude who is going to clean the pool.....

Old 04-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by axr6
Depends on:
1) who was in the driver seat of that Escalade?
2) The age difference, if any?
Albert
Albert,

I wasn't able to see the driver from my low angle. But based on the loudness of the music(??) and bling rims, I suspect the driver was male and anywhere from 20 to 35. As for the age difference, my best guess is at least 40 years.

I intended my post to be provocative, and I wasn't disappointed!

Stuart

Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
You should have responded, "And the car is not bad either." You can tell a lot from a certain kind of smile from a woman.

There is a reason why young women are attracted to older men. Older men represent security - money, power, protection, and a host of other things. I don't profess to know a woman's mind, but I know that many women love the older Sean Connery much more than the younger one.

I agree. By the way, were you at the intersection of Abernathy and Barfield around 5:30PM today?

Old 04-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Terry
Stuart, Beautiful car! I noticed from your signature your car has the ivory/slate interior. I am going to buy an XK or XKR probably before the end of summer and I've seen pics of the ivory/slate and I'm kind of undecided. The ivory would be a good choice for So Cal summers, is it whiteish or does it have a grayish tinge to it? I haven't seen it in person, I"ve only seen it on line. Sometimes the ivory looks a little too white in pics, but, cameras and lighting have a lot to do with it. It looks good in your pic.

Terry,
Thanks. Jaguar came close with the Ivory name - it does not have a gray tint and isn't a stark, bright white. Indoors in my garage it is sort of a very pale creamy white. But outdoors in direct sunlight, it appears much whiter. I attached a larger picture so you can better see the Slate contrast stitching and perforated seats. To me, the Slate dash color in this picture looks a little blueish; it is more of a dark gray without any hint of blue.

Good luck in your search for your dream car! I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine!

Stuart

Old 04-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

That is certainly a great looking car!

Stuart S (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 05:01 AM
Veteran Member

I agree. By the way, were you at the intersection of Abernathy and Barfield around 5:30PM today?
Nope - not me. I used to be around that area about a year ago when I worked at IHG, but I stomp around Suwannee now-a-days during the work day.

Did you see another sexy beast there?

Old 05-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
Nope - not me. I used to be around that area about a year ago when I worked at IHG, but I stomp around Suwannee now-a-days during the work day.

Did you see another sexy beast there?
Yes, a black 5.0 coupe (from the new style front bumper), no "R" badge in grille. Like yours. Now that the weather's nice, it seems like all the XKs are out and about!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks Stuart. I looked at a car indentical to yours last night. Price seemed right, mileage is right, 30kish, and it really does look great in person. I believe I've found the color combination that I want. There were two issues, probably minor, not sure. The chrome on the lower left corner of the grill is gone or black for some reason. It looked like it was black with grease, but, I touched it and its dry. The chrome is just gone. The spot is about 9" wide and 4" tall!!?? Weird. The other issue is the driver's seat. The whole interior is spotless and doesn't look like it's ever been sat in. That said, the driver's seat looks like Jabba The Hut had a sweatfest in non colorfast dark clothing. The leather appears to be stained at the bolster and where the seatbelt rubs. A little disconcerting. They will totally detail the car for the purchaser. Not sure I'd take it without first seeing it detailed. Do you feel that your interior is holding up to clothing and staining?? I am going to look at another this morning, same color and Portfolio package.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks Stuart. I looked at a car indentical to yours last night. Price seemed right, mileage is right, 30kish, and it really does look great in person. I believe I've found the color combination that I want. There were two issues, probably minor, not sure. The chrome on the lower left corner of the grill is gone or black for some reason. It looked like it was black with grease, but, I touched it and its dry. The chrome is just gone. The spot is about 9" wide and 4" tall!!?? Weird. The other issue is the driver's seat. The whole interior is spotless and doesn't look like it's ever been sat in. That said, the driver's seat looks like Jabba The Hut had a sweatfest in non colorfast dark clothing. The leather appears to be stained at the bolster and where the seatbelt rubs. A little disconcerting. They will totally detail the car for the purchaser. Not sure I'd take it without first seeing it detailed. Do you feel that your interior is holding up to clothing and staining?? I am going to look at another this morning, same color and Portfolio package.
You can have the seat leather redyed...you can even do this yourself. I redyed the seats in the 98 VDP we used to have...turned out really well. Dye comes in a spray can, I think it was around $18 a can. I got it from World Upholstery in California.

Of course, there are professionals that will do this as well.

AyyVlogs (04-07-2018)
Old 05-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks... the driver's seat looks like Jabba The Hut had a sweatfest in non colorfast dark clothing. The leather appears to be stained at the bolster and where the seatbelt rubs. A little
disconcerting. They will totally detail the car for the purchaser. Not sure I'd take it without first seeing it detailed. Do you feel that your interior is holding up to clothing and staining?? I am going to look at another this morning, same color and Portfolio package.
I think the key is to not wear dark blue jeans in any car with light color leather seats. My wife's RX350's seats are discolored from her jeans. I'm a khakis guy!

My ivory interior is virtually brand new after almost 4 years and 30K miles, but keep in mind that it is always garaged and when parked outside I always put the top up and use a reflective sunshade to protect the leather dash, since dash leather shrinkage been reported as a problem in earlier posts. Also, every 3 months I apply leather cleaner and conditioner on the dash and other leather surfaces to moisturize them and keep them clean and soft to prevent shrinking. I've been pleased using Griot's Garage products, but any good quality leather cleaner and conditioner should work fine. Just make sure they don't cause light colored leather to turn darker.

Last edited by Stuart S; 05-03-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 05-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm a software engineer... I could be rolling down the street in the space shuttle endeavor with the word "PRADA" written on the tail in 3 foot high pink letters and not attract female attention.

So... no.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TheMCP
I'm a software engineer... I could be rolling down the street in the space shuttle endeavor with the word "PRADA" written on the tail in 3 foot high pink letters and not attract female attention.

So... no.
The XK changes that man!

AyyVlogs (04-07-2018)