XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help wanted - Electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help wanted - Electrical issues

Hi guys! So my 07 XK has been under repair for the last 9 (yes nine) months at a panel shop. Was a simple repair (front left apron panel replacement) which involved taking the dash out. Note that I had installed a brand new ABS Pump ($1000 for labour only) at Jaguar dealership here in NZ and it had been running fine before going to the panel shop.

After putting the dash back together, car would not start - had ABS/DSC/ENGINE SYSTEMS FAILURE/CAT SYSTEMS FAILURE/PARK BRAKE FAILURE.

So took it down to the dealership who had to bleed brakes again, another $800 down, charged my credit card and when towing company dropped car back, vehicle starts in limp mode and ALL the fault lights are still on plus another warning - BATTERY NOT CHARGING. So I tried another brand new (non Jaguar )990 cca battery and still the same faults. Charged the original Jaguar battery overnight and still the same faults.

Read some forums which mentioned stale fuel causing some of these problems. +/- Battery replacement.

To make matters worse, the panel shop managed to crush the electrical plug which connects into the button cluster which controls fog lamps/fuel cap release (situated RH below steering wheel). So cant add fresh fuel either!

I fear I'll have to get the entire wiring loom replaced unless I can find a donor plug and snip/repair. However, I dont know the configuration of the individual wires which compose the plug.

I know its a long shot but can anyone suggest what might be causing these electrical faults or how I can go about repairing/replacing the electrical plug (even if someone can take a shot of their plug and share it, be a great help!)

Thanks in advance guys!!

Old 11-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

I suspect there will be lots of them but getting the OBD codes read might give you some clues as to where to start. It sounds like an earth has been left disconnected or connector not fully pushed back together.

The attached is the connector I think you are referring to which will help you identify which coloured wires go to which pins.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
The following users liked this post:
jaeger (11-19-2014)