XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I finally signed on the dotted line!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts
Default I finally signed on the dotted line!

After much research, numerous test drives of the XK and XKR, and getting great advice on this forum I just took delivery today of my 2010 XK Coupe. I decided to look up North where cars had lower miles and were reasonably priced, sent out a third party to check the car out, and then booked a fight to inspect the car personally. Car looked very good and I had it transported home (enclosed carrier) the day after purchase. It took 5 days from purchase to delivery. I couldn't be happier as it it a beautiful car and drives like a dream. One owner car with 5,000 miles and still smells new! I am a happy camper! Now I just need to know how to get the remote to lock the doors. It chirps and I hear the doors locking but they are still open. My car is still under warranty.

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (11-27-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

WooHoo!

Congrats! Pics please!

As for your doors, this sounds normal. As you have a proximity key, it will unlock for you when you approach the car. I seldom touch my fob, as I lock it by pressing the handle button and walk away. When I walk back and reach for the handle, it unlocks for me...

Last edited by CleverName; 11-26-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Veteran Member

The pics may take me awhile as I am in the prehistoric age with technology and still have a flip phone. They will come I promise.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Ha ha! That's a good point! Lock the car, then leave the key over 30 feet away when you check to see if they've locked properly. Very excited for you, Bocatrip.

Old 11-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Hey Boca:

Great, happy for you. You really held back on us. You did lots of research here and asked tons of questions. Tell us more about the deal.

General location of car for sale?
How did you select the transport?
How did you did find the XK?
Dealer or private party?
How well did it fit into your garage?
Car history?
Did you do a CarFax?

5000 Miles on a 2010...AWESOME find.

So much more to ask. Tell us the story, as I am sure that so many are interested especially after posting so many questions here.

Welcome to the club, now you're really official.

Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
Hey Boca:

Great, happy for you. You really held back on us. You did lots of research here and asked tons of questions. Tell us more about the deal.

General location of car for sale?
How did you select the transport?
How did you did find the XK?
Dealer or private party?
How well did it fit into your garage?
Car history?
Did you do a CarFax?

5000 Miles on a 2010...AWESOME find.

So much more to ask. Tell us the story, as I am sure that so many are interested especially after posting so many questions here.

Welcome to the club, now you're really official.

Looking forward to seeing some photos.
Richzak.......Give yourself much credit as you were extremely helpful and imformative in helping along the way. I'm a firm believer of not speaking about anything until it actually happens.

One owner car from PA
Huge Car Dealership
Transport was recommended to me and most importantly available. Produced insurance and all appropriate DOT numbers I had requested.
Car history, was a few trips to the dealer for TSBS and oil changes, Also yearly reg renewals with mileage always recorded from new.
Car does not fit in my garage and I'm keeping it for the time in a friend's garage until my a/c unit gets moved. The A/C guy is coming tomorrow. Everything seemed to work out relatively smoothly. I am very **** and planned every step of the way before the next event. As you mentioned earlier Richzak........wait for the 'right car" and don't settle. I found a low mileage car with both color combos on my acceptable list. I guess I'm also lucky. I still have to thank this forum for being the catalyst in my decision making. Everyone here is just great!

Old 11-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

That's amazing. Good to hear your experience was trouble free. I feel it is worth searching nationwide for cars like ours.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

Congratulations!! Good job. Enjoy the ride. You will not regret the purchase.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by bocatrip
Richzak.......Give yourself much credit as you were extremely helpful and imformative in helping along the way. I'm a firm believer of not speaking about anything until it actually happens.

One owner car from PA
Huge Car Dealership
Transport was recommended to me and most importantly available. Produced insurance and all appropriate DOT numbers I had requested.
Car history, was a few trips to the dealer for TSBS and oil changes, Also yearly reg renewals with mileage always recorded from new.
Car does not fit in my garage and I'm keeping it for the time in a friend's garage until my a/c unit gets moved. The A/C guy is coming tomorrow. Everything seemed to work out relatively smoothly. I am very **** and planned every step of the way before the next event. As you mentioned earlier Richzak........wait for the 'right car" and don't settle. I found a low mileage car with both color combos on my acceptable list. I guess I'm also lucky. I still have to thank this forum for being the catalyst in my decision making. Everyone here is just great!
Boca:

So good. I am sure you will enjoy the Jaguar. So happy for you. Looks like you did everything perfectly. Way to go!

Old 11-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats Boca! Good grab on a '10 with such low mileage.

Hell, I've put way more miles than that on my car and I only bought it in April....

Old 11-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. It does give me that warm and fuzzy feeling...I took the car out tonight for the first time. Great headlights, great sound system, noisy Dunlop original equipment tires, smooth and linear acceleration, tight as a drum without a single rattle (went on some rough surfaces), looks great under all lighting, still trying to figure out why the Trip A mileage disappears after each restart and why I have to manual put on the parking sensors. Why aren't they always on? I'm still learning........

Old 11-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

They should turn on when you put it in reverse. If you nose in you will have to turn them on manually.

TripA shouldn't reset like that. That's a little odd.

I had mine parked in a lot while I sat on a curb nearby eating a great burger and fries (no food in the car!) and enjoyed watching people walk by and do double takes at the cat. Hope you enjoy the attention!

Old 11-27-2013, 05:41 AM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

Congrats, bocatrip. I share your excitement as I too, just purchased an XK, but convertible and am anxiously awaiting delivery, which I expect on Dec 1st. I'm glad to see that you have experienced no disappointments and that your excitement of ownership has remained. The anticipation is killing me and of course, we just had about 3 inches of snow last night. I'm praying for a warm front to pass through before my car arrives.

Enjoy.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 86 Posts

Congrats Boca!
Sounds like you got a winner. Hey, who did you end up using for the shipping? Oh, and here's an update on mine. There is one problem and I'm not sure if I have any recourse. Lemon Squad gave the car a good report and when I took delivery the car looked great, other than road grime from the open carrier shipper. I took it in to a local Firestone for an oil change (that it probably did not need) and they looked the car over. There was a bubble in both front tires and those tires were from 2007! So the dealership, in order to squeeze another hundred or so out of a $43k deal, put dangerous tires on the car? Really?

Old 11-27-2013, 05:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi and hearty congratulations,

I amsure your friends know what theme will be on your mind over Xmas and it will be so easy to choose your presents.

Bocatrip, you have a dream car and I think you'lll be happy with the silver/charcoal look, classy and stylish.... Can't wait to see your pride and joy soon!

Well done and done in style! Best regards, Stu

Old 11-27-2013, 05:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs down Ouch!

Originally Posted by chazaroo
Congrats Boca!
Sounds like you got a winner. Hey, who did you end up using for the shipping? Oh, and here's an update on mine. There is one problem and I'm not sure if I have any recourse. Lemon Squad gave the car a good report and when I took delivery the car looked great, other than road grime from the open carrier shipper. I took it in to a local Firestone for an oil change (that it probably did not need) and they looked the car over. There was a bubble in both front tires and those tires were from 2007! So the dealership, in order to squeeze another hundred or so out of a $43k deal, put dangerous tires on the car? Really?
NOT GOOD! Just as well you were cautious, it's a sad day when there are still unscrupulous individuals out there do devious things to save here and there!

Some just don't think and others don't care, i hope you remember the individuals concerned? Regards, Stu

Old 11-27-2013, 06:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

So the dealership, in order to squeeze another hundred or so out of a $43k deal, put dangerous tires on the car? Really?
Did they meet you halfway at least on new fronts? When my XK got delivered, the rears "looked" like new tires, but the center tread was very low. Had to replace both rears after a month or two of my ownership.

Be careful evaluating the rear tires on cars like this. The wear in the center first and give an appearance of having tread. Most are measuring near the edge which has more tread. Get tread measurement from the center... 17K miles on the car and already on the 3rd set of tires...

Old 11-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member

Congrats Boca!
I used Exotic Car Transport. They were great. Their drivers kept me informed and were extremely courteous and professional as well as being downright nice guys! Sorry to hear about your tires, but as soon as you can, try to get it sorted out so that you can move on and enjoy your ride. Don't let it take away any of your pleasure. You have a great car and should enjoy it.

Last edited by bocatrip; 11-27-2013 at 12:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chazaroo (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats Bocatrip. Great car and you will love the Jaguar performance. Good luck..

Old 11-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome. I'm looking forward to being officially onboard!

Quick Reply: I finally signed on the dotted line!