XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior Repairs - Advice Please (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Interior Repairs - Advice Please (UK)

The time has come to repair or replace a panel of my drivers seat of my xk, and I am looking for a reputable firm in the North West of England. Ideally I will want new panel inserting into the existing seat (rather than conolising or recolouring the damage) that matches the colour and finish of the existing leather.

So - does anyone have any experience / recommendation of someone who could help me out ?

Thanks

Geoff

Old 06-05-2017, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Geoff, it might be simpler to order a used seat cover from a salvage yard. Check out the service manual (available free from Topix) for instructions on how the seats come apart. The section for replacing the seat base heating element shows what's needed to remove the cover. Looks like there are 27 hog rings for the listing strips that will need reinstalled which is simple fair for an upholstery shop.

The following users liked this post:
Geoff C (06-05-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

If your looking to repair any portion of your leather, there is a company called Dynamix which has several colour dyes which are exact matches for Jaguar vehicles (if your colour isnt in the list they can custom make it). I recently ordered warm charcoal dye from them to repair a surface scratch on my passenger seat and the results were fabulous. I applied, let dry, applied a 2nd coat then applied lexol conditioner and buffed the area. No one would be able to notice there was a scratch there before. The site talks about full seat coverage repairs so depending on the damage this could be an option. You would just need a larger amount to complete the repair.

Please see the links below:
Post#2 from WhiteXKR
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-camel-102779/

Dynamix
JAGUAR LEATHER DYES

The following users liked this post:
Geoff C (06-07-2017)