XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

iSimple bluetooth FM modulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default iSimple bluetooth FM modulator

Hi all, first post. This forum has been very helpful to me so figured I would share. I decided against the ACM in favor of the hard wired isimple bluetooth unit . I installed it today and am very happy with it. I paid $70 for the unit on eBay and installed it myself.

Amazon.com: PAC Bluetooth FM Modulator with Auxillary Output: Car Electronics

A few things of note. Basically you need 12v switched, ground, and an antenna input. My 07 XKR has an antenna jack (unused) own the rear of the nav screen. Makes installing the FM mod very easy, you will need a jaguar antenna adapter as well. The iPhone app that controls the fm mod is very slick, and works well. You can turn the mod on and off and select channels with it. In all the install took me an hour. I should state that I am an MECP certified master installer from my audio competition days, so results may vary.

Sound quality is not ACM level. But it's much much better than a portable fm modulator. Definitely liveable, and I consider myself an audiophile.

If anyone wants to tackle this project I'd be happy to walk you through.

Cheers

Old 03-19-2014, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you think i can install this onto my xtype 2003 jag??

Old 03-20-2014, 10:06 AM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajohnsonnefn
Hi all, first post. This forum has been very helpful to me so figured I would share. I decided against the ACM in favor of the hard wired isimple bluetooth unit . I installed it today and am very happy with it. I paid $70 for the unit on eBay and installed it myself.

Amazon.com: PAC Bluetooth FM Modulator with Auxillary Output: Car Electronics

A few things of note. Basically you need 12v switched, ground, and an antenna input. My 07 XKR has an antenna jack (unused) own the rear of the nav screen. Makes installing the FM mod very easy, you will need a jaguar antenna adapter as well. The iPhone app that controls the fm mod is very slick, and works well. You can turn the mod on and off and select channels with it. In all the install took me an hour. I should state that I am an MECP certified master installer from my audio competition days, so results may vary.

Sound quality is not ACM level. But it's much much better than a portable fm modulator. Definitely liveable, and I consider myself an audiophile.

If anyone wants to tackle this project I'd be happy to walk you through.

Cheers
Can you specify which antenna adapter you used? Have a part number?

Thanks!