Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jaguar Le Port Marly / Jaguar France

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Jaguar dealer

We bought the vehicule and the dealership was well aware we had 1700 km to drive back to Spain.

When we arrived I realized the vehicule had 500 gr of pressure less in one side, the other set had a difference very noticeable too. None of the set of tires had the same pressure.

After arriving in Spain I noticed some mis-accelerations which I complained many time on this forum and at the dealership in Spain.

I looked at the maintenance book and I could see the last service was due 2 months ago, it was 14 months indeed and the car was waiting for weeks there at the dealership, they should have done the annual service after 12 months like Jaguar require, then you start thinking about the acceleration issue. (it is supposed to be france best dealership, the closest from Jaguar France).

Then I complained about the vehicule going on the left side. (the 8th February/2013) My Jaguar Constructor Warranty was still valid!

When we left the dealership while buying it in France, after 200 meters, we had an error message, "anomalie transmission" popping up, we drove back half way/they towed the car to the garage and reset it for hours, (transfer box problems, for them if was due to not reseting the car after recharging the batterie?) or maybe 500 gr of tire pressure and one acceleration will do it, with such bad controls arms and camber to hide?

As of today 5 months after, the mis-acceleration remains.
The vehicule is going on the left due to bad controls arms, probably rear and front need to be changed and I complained about it the 08 th February /2013 (In Spain I have the invoice from jaguar Grupo Britanica, el quart del poblet ) while I had my warranty constructor, they did a geometrie, it did not fixed the problem, they said to changes the tires, it didn't not change the problems. Total 4 geometries/alignments, 2 at jags, 2 at another center, to end up with real bad camber angles. (the control arms were already bad at Le Port-Marly and they decided to hide this with 500 gr less of pressure.)
We also had a bad noise on the exhaust vales for months when shutting off the engine.

I attached the camber photos taken today. Why the car is going on the left since 5 months.

When I called Jaguar France, I told them I will send them the service bill that was past due 14 months, that should have been taking care by Jaguar , what do you think? (I will pass on that bill if there was no issues but there is, specially the acceleration problem) Also as to help me for the control arms, since they are bad since day 1 in December. What are your thoughts ?

here the camber angles are different.

right front wheel

Left front wheel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
wheel badly repainted by Jaguar Le Port Marly vehicule with 7000 miles.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 08-22-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Veteran Member
Default service was due since 10 months. 22 months without services

My mistake I said service was due since 2 months, the last service was done the 08 february 2011, and I baught the car without service on the 4 December 2012. It was exactly 10 months the service was due, the car stayed more than 24 months without service, as it took me 2 months to find out too.it is like this at VPV Le Port Marly Jaguar, the best dealership from France. All the problems now makes a lot of sense to me , Thanks VPV Racing; maybe you did some race track with my car, did not fixed anything, or an accident, and sell it back to me without any services .

http://www.duffort-groupe.com
http://www.vpvpremium.com

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-06-2013 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Very sorry for your situation.

This situation doesn't make any sense to me. I understand you purchased from Le Port Marly in France, but the dealership in Spain should have been able to see the bad suspension components (control arms) and should have replaced them the first time you mentioned the problem of the drift in steering. It costs the dealership nothing since the labor and the parts to repair is all covered under the manufacturer's warranty. In fact, I think the dealership will make some *profit* from repairing your car under the warranty.

If the dealership in France did race your car and/or caused the damage to the car before selling to you then it should be obvious that you cannot trust them in any respect and they will not give you any satisfaction. I think it is time to get the headquarters of Jaguar involved, and possibly seek out the services of an attorney/legal adviser. A letter from a legal firm may provide some extra motivation to get the car repaired properly.

Can the other shop that set your geometry give you a written estimate for repair of the bad control arms? This would be written proof that they need to be replaced and you could show this to the dealership in Spain to see if they will replace under warranty, or send to the Jaguar headquarters...

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (05-06-2013)
Old 05-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
Very sorry for your situation.

This situation doesn't make any sense to me. I understand you purchased from Le Port Marly in France, but the dealership in Spain should have been able to see the bad suspension components (control arms) and should have replaced them the first time you mentioned the problem of the drift in steering. It costs the dealership nothing since the labor and the parts to repair is all covered under the manufacturer's warranty. In fact, I think the dealership will make some *profit* from repairing your car under the warranty.

If the dealership in France did race your car and/or caused the damage to the car before selling to you then it should be obvious that you cannot trust them in any respect and they will not give you any satisfaction. I think it is time to get the headquarters of Jaguar involved, and possibly seek out the services of an attorney/legal adviser. A letter from a legal firm may provide some extra motivation to get the car repaired properly.

Can the other shop that set your geometry give you a written estimate for repair of the bad control arms? This would be written proof that they need to be replaced and you could show this to the dealership in Spain to see if they will replace under warranty, or send to the Jaguar headquarters...

Rscultho,

Thank you again, no the alignment center will not be able to raise a quote for me, and I tried this morning to do this before to go to the jaguar garage but again the guy says, sir it could be a shocks or a arm nobody knows, he could also been removed and reset wrongly (shocks) , maybe not broken that is why I do not want touch anything.

Have you seen the difference, to get the level like the left wheel it is 2 cm, about 1 inches of camber!

I am still very worry as if all is fine shocks and arm, maybe the car is not straight due to an accident.

Jaguar France was very attentive and they said they will call me back, that they will call the dealership in Spain, that it was very surprising Le Port Marly did not do the service, when I complained I thought it was 14 months since the last service but indeed it was 22 months. I arrived in spain the vehicule was 7000 miles I knew an earlier service was made at 2500 miles or so and was not concerned, thinking VPV did everything!...but the date speaks. I called Jaguar Espana but with my spanish, and my english , they told me I was speaking to the customer relation, that I should speak to the tecnical service and I was tired. They never returned any of my calls anyway. I apologized for disturbing them.

Obviously there is a matter here with the camber angle? from where do you think it is coming; shocks or arms or both now? hard to say without taking all apart?

Yes I agree with you nobody is really attentive, thank you for reminding it, I start preocupating myself when you wrote it down the first time, my hats off to you Rscultho for your diligence.

I am now asking myself what could lead to keep the same oil for 23 months? or why we are asking to change it every year?
And maybe they will just set a shims in, to compensate the camber and this will be it? Instead of doing things correctly.

front left= straight
left rear=approx. 1 cm of camber
front right=approx. 2 cm of camber
rear right=approx. 2 cm of camber

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-06-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:54 AM
Veteran Member

They refused to check the car this morning so I drove back home.
then I called the other service manager, at the same company, and he tried to resolve the dispute. They should call me back now.
I will be back there at 5 pm, we are going to resolve this.

Jaguar France have been very attentive ( yesterday already i tried to remove jag france from the title but could not.), despite the griefs we had last year. The dealership sales manager called me back and was very sorry.
The other service manager called me too and has tried to be very helpfull. I finally decided to go to the other garage they own, they own 4 jag garage here and the next competitor is at at 300 km, which is something I can do as I did it for years when i was in France. I am tired , i had a bad week end investigating this, some tension from something else too...well I will have done better without it.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-07-2013 at 04:54 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member

Let say this, one could have bought a car and experience no issue until he find out there is something real bad , lime an accident or something else.

Please understand how despite I owned 9 jags before this one, how my credibility has loosen with the car at the beginning, first 200 meters error message "anomalie transmission" I arrived here, I experienced some mis-acceleration, then the vehicule was pulling on the left. Then I got that deep valves rusty noise from the exhaust pipes.

so what I wanted to say, I will see later today or tomorrow what they say, hopefully it is not an accident and we can fix it. I now noticed there was a camber difference between the two rear ones too. I would like to address this problem as well in the same time, does that makes sense?

so if there is nothing major, I am happy with my purchase, I understand these things could happened. I rather have a car like this one, with tiny things to fix than a major problem.

I will keep you update.

So it is fixed and it is always the same doing the job well, Francisco Suay. They finally well helped me, they even offered to changed the front tires. Which I refused it was not worth to do it. They apologized for the misunderstanding.

I will pick up the car at 6 pm today they want send a photo to Jaguar Espana.

All wheels (front and rear) are perfectly well set now and I am happy.

Thank you Jaguar France, Jaguar Espana, Strastone!! and Grupo Iberica, calle Puerto Rico.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-09-2013 at 07:29 AM.