XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LCD Screen Locked - For Third Time ???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default LCD Screen Locked - For Third Time ???????

For the third time in 6 months of ownership my LCD screen is locked on the Jaguar logo. The last two times required a trip to the dealer to "unlock" it and according to the work orders they update software that takes a few hours.

What the hell is wrong with my car? Is this something I can fix myself? Local dealer has closed (bankrupcy) and the nearest dealer is 190 miles away in Peoria, plus my warranty expires on Mav 20th.

Thanks

Tom

Old 11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine does it every so often. Usually occurs when I first start it up when it's cold outside or the car hasn't been started in a few days. It usually clears after some driving and a restart of the car.

From what I have read here, it's probably battery related.

Hope that helps.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:30 PM

After it sat for 10 hours and after work when I started the car the screen returned. Temps were in the 50/60's. If a Jag thinks that's cold we're in trouble. But the battery could be the issue.

Jaguar is picking it up on Friday and will trailer it to Jaguar of Peoria for a second time in 6 weeks (man this has to be expensive) and I'll add this to my list of "bugs" I want fixed before my warranty expires.

Thanks

Tom

Old 11-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Tom,
Did you get your door panel problems resolved? Mine has gotten worse with all the leather now loose on the mid section of both door panels. Of course when I called the main office, they wouldn't touch it, just like the crappy dealer in Huntsville AL told me.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by 07XKJaguar
Tom,
Did you get your door panel problems resolved? Mine has gotten worse with all the leather now loose on the mid section of both door panels. Of course when I called the main office, they wouldn't touch it, just like the crappy dealer in Huntsville AL told me.
NO. Dealer claimed they fixed it, hell Ray Charles could see it wasn't. They did leave greasy finger prints all over the door panel though.

If I keep the car (big if) I'll just take it to a reputable body shop. It has to be fixable. The dealer did provide me a list of all the previous warranty work done by the first owner and at 6xxx miles there was a repair to the drivers power window, they had to replace the entire PW mechanism. So I'm betting that's when it occured and the first owner being a Lease just didn't give a rats.

Jag service (aside from them offering to trailer the car to a distant dealership) has been horrible. If I were spending almost $90K on this car I would never buy again based on my dealer experiences.

Tom

Old 01-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Tom. There is another thread in this XKR forum that indicates replacing the battery may solve lots of these minor electrical gremlins. Hope this helps. Roger

Old 01-10-2012, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by XKRoger
Hi Tom. There is another thread in this XKR forum that indicates replacing the battery may solve lots of these minor electrical gremlins. Hope this helps. Roger
Matter of fact I just had to replace the battery after being stranded after a doctors appointment. The screen did lock even with the new battery.

I'm not a happy camper.

Tom