Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Default Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts

Nearly a year ago after a long quest to find a carbon fiber fabricator to make me a custom front splitter like the GT and some side rocker sill extensions I contact Chris @ Mina Gallery. I provided him with the concept of what I was trying to accomplish and after many, many months he finally fabricated a 3-piece front splitter and some side skirts in genuine carbon fiber. I had them installed a couple of months ago but have never really had time to take some proper pics. At some point I will, but this is what I have now. I am very pleased with the final product, considering the investment it cost.

Attached Thumbnails Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-img_8730.jpg   Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-img_8728.jpg   Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-img_8726.jpg   Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-img_8713.jpg   Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-img_8711.jpg  

The following 2 users liked this post by jahummer:
guy (06-23-2016), Netmatrix (01-25-2017)
Old 06-21-2016, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Looks kind of small and gets buried in the lines of the car. I guess I would need to see it in person. I would like to see a little more pronounced spliter and a full rocker cover.

The following 2 users liked this post by jagtoes:
richzak (06-21-2016), sherbercars (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts

I really like the black CF front splitter - it looks great with the black upper and lower front grilles, and really stands out against the Lunar Grey body. But I'm not sure about the side skirts - they don't have the same integrated look as the front splitter. I'm thinking maybe some CF wrap on the lower part of the rocker panel following the sculpted accent line and down to the skirts would tie it together. Both splitter and skirts would look great on a black XKR. Is Chris offering the splitter? I haven't checked the Mina Gallery website, but will do so soon.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Looks kind of small and gets buried in the lines of the car. I guess I would need to see it in person. I would like to see a little more pronounced spliter and a full rocker cover.
I too wanted them to be more pronounced and stick out more, but everyone talked me out of it saying it would look too exaggerated for the car. I will say the pictures DO NOT do it justice, it is much more obvious in person and as you say, in pictures it does seem to disappear a bit. It has grown on me and I am pleased with the final result, as I said, for what it cost, which was very little.

The following users liked this post:
jagtoes (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
I really like the black CF front splitter - it looks great with the black upper and lower front grilles, and really stands out against the Lunar Grey body. But I'm not sure about the side skirts - they don't have the same integrated look as the front splitter. I'm thinking maybe some CF wrap on the lower part of the rocker panel following the sculpted accent line and down to the skirts would tie it together. Both splitter and skirts would look great on a black XKR. Is Chris offering the splitter? I haven't checked the Mina Gallery website, but will do so soon.
If he doesn't have any, I am sure he will make you some. I don't think it would look good on all colors.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member

To complete the look, he was working on a rear carbon fiber diffuser that would sling under the exhaust like the F-type R.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
I really like the black CF front splitter - it looks great with the black upper and lower front grilles, and really stands out against the Lunar Grey body.
Same here. The front looks well done.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Jahummer,
I think the front splitter looks great, especially on the pre-2010 models where the lower front fascia tapers in (as it should on any beautiful sports car) unlike the widened, largemouthed bass fascia with gills like my 2010. I added Mina Galleries' previous model side skirts and front lip to my car in addition to the F/X Design rear bumper/diffuser. When I first saw the pictures of forum member GhostriderXKR08's car, I thought it was just about exactly what I wanted for mine, and I went about it assembling the bits and pieces to make it happen.
Good for you for making your car the way you want it.

Attached Thumbnails Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-dscf1356-1280x960-.jpg   Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-dscf1353-1280x960-.jpg   Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-dscf1360-1280x960-.jpg  
jahummer (06-23-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 02:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Side skirts and front lip

Hey can you post a far picture your car? I wanted to see how your car looks with the mina carbon fibre side skirts and front lip.

Thanks,

apost8n8 (07-02-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 02:15 PM
Default Previous style side skirts

Hey Tberg,

Where did you get the previous style side skirts and front lip on your car?

Old 06-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member

I got all the pieces from Chris at Mina Galleries. He doesn't show them on the website any longer, but I am fairly certain he can still make them. I will see him tomorrow and can ask.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:57 PM
Default Body kit

Tberg,

Thanks... I'm still confused as I have a 2012 xkr black and not sure if I should get the carbon fibre front lip, carbon fibre current side skirts and carbon fibre diffuser or should I opt out and get the oem front 3 piece lip with the previous side skirts?

I'm in Canada so I have to make sure how it would like before I order from mina.

What do you think?

And btw this is the look I'm trying to achieve:

Old 06-26-2016, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member

Vick G
Those in the pictures are virtually the same ones that I have from Mina on the sides and the front. They are more prominent than the carbon fiber ones that Jahummer showed in the first post. The front lip that matches this set from Mina is made of 3 pieces, a center piece and two sides. When I had the side skirts and rear bumper/diffuser installed, we had the three piece front splitter bondoed together to look as one piece. Unfortunately, a couple of months ago while being serviced, my mechanic's guys came down a steep ramp too quickly and cracked it. Chris at Mina had to make me a new one as he doesn't stock them at his shop anymore, and I'm picking the new one up tomorrow. Chris also has a rear diffuser that fits directly under the existing bumper, replacing the stock rear valance. I chose the F/X Designs' rear bumper/diffuser because I just wanted something different.
When I see Chris tomorrow, I will ask him if he still can get the side skirts like mine or the ones in your pictures, and if they are available in carbon fiber, and I'll let you know.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:21 PM
Default Body kits

Tberg... Thanks...

I have been emailing mina as well....

You can tell them its for Vick Canada...

I'm looking for all the parts as the black car painted 3 piece front lip, side skirts and rear diffuser in "carbon".

Also rear sports spoiler painted in jaguar black.

Thank you...

I'll wait for your reply on the post.

wymjym (03-26-2022)
Old 06-26-2016, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member

Vick G
Below is GhostwriterXKR08's car, the one that appealed to me so much that I made mine look similar. It appears nearly identical to the car in your pictures even though it's a 2008.
Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum - View Profile: GhostriderXKR08

Old 06-26-2016, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member

For what you are trying to accomplish, I probably would not recommend my choice. Chris still has the molds so he can make them but it will probably take a while for him to do it, I have bought several things from him and it has always taken weeks to months. He probably can do them in carbon fiber if you want but there may be a bit of an up charge. As far as the rear valance, the one you pictured here is a one piece and very large to ship. Chris does have the later 3 piece version with the carbon center diffuser and painted side valances.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:17 PM
Default Rear diffuser

Hey jahummer;

Thanks for the update and info on the carbon options and Yes the 3 piece diffuser is what I'm looking for and would be easier to ship.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member

Vick G
I saw Chris at Mina, this morning and asked him if he could make the same skirts as mine (which were the same as the car you of which you posted pictures) out of carbon fiber, and he replied that he could. However, he has to figure out a price and timing and will get back to me and you. I told him that you had contacted him via email so he could tell you directly, but I'll check in with him in a couple of days as well.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:44 PM
Default Tberg

Tberg,

Thanks.. I'll just wait for your reply on this forum.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:57 PM
Default Carbon fibre or painted.

Tberg,

Do you think I should leave the side skirts and front clip in carbon fiber or painted to match my black car?

I was thinking of ordering the carbon fiber Mirror covers and with black rims I think that's it up to look good, any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts