missing/broken trunk access panels. problem? - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > XK / XKR ( X150 )
Reload this Page >

missing/broken trunk access panels. problem?

Notices
XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

missing/broken trunk access panels. problem?

 
  #1  
Old 02-10-2019, 04:19 PM
SLazz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Southern California
Posts: 119
Thanked 28 Times in 10 Posts
Default missing/broken trunk access panels. problem?

One of the access panels in the trunk of my convertible is missing. It's the one covering the antenna motor. The other that covers the battery jump terminals has a crack in one of the slats. I wonder if this indicates a past and repaired problem. Nothing looks damaged.

I just purchased the car and it is in exceptional mechanical and cosmetic condition. It also has a clean Carfax. Any thoughts on this or am I just being paranoid?
 
  #2  
Old 02-10-2019, 05:18 PM
kj07xk's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Naperville, Illinois USA
Posts: 3,015
Thanked 730 Times in 593 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SLazz View Post
One of the access panels in the trunk of my convertible is missing. It's the one covering the antenna motor. The other that covers the battery jump terminals has a crack in one of the slats. I wonder if this indicates a past and repaired problem. Nothing looks damaged.

I just purchased the car and it is in exceptional mechanical and cosmetic condition. It also has a clean Carfax. Any thoughts on this or am I just being paranoid?
Previous owner left a loose bowling ball in the trunk?
 
  #3  
Old 02-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Queen and Country's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hastings
Posts: 4,679
Thanked 1,044 Times in 778 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SLazz View Post
I wonder if this indicates a past
You are wondering if in 12 years a really attractive woman has been on any dates.
I'd be worried if she hadn't.
 
  #4  
Old 02-10-2019, 05:47 PM
SLazz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Southern California
Posts: 119
Thanked 28 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Queen and Country View Post
You are wondering if in 12 years a really attractive woman has been on any dates.
I'd be worried if she hadn't.
Funny but accurate assessment. I found a few golf tees in the trunk. I think it was a rouge golf bag that was the culprit. Brings a new meaning to the saying "junk in the trunk".
 
  #5  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:21 AM
scm's Avatar
scm
scm is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 587
Thanked 98 Times in 85 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SLazz View Post
I think it was a rouge golf bag that was the culprit.
How did you deduce the colo(u)r? I bet it was a rogue golf bag.
 
  #6  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:19 AM
SLazz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Southern California
Posts: 119
Thanked 28 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by scm View Post
How did you deduce the colo(u)r? I bet it was a rogue golf bag.
Red, yellow, purple.....whichever, an errant golf bag did 'em in.
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
rf69
XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 )
4
12-12-2018 11:18 AM
rf69
XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 )
0
11-07-2018 09:29 AM
Hex Type
X-Type ( X400 )
6
04-04-2015 11:28 AM
filphires
XJS ( X27 )
0
10-31-2009 08:53 AM
ABorealis
PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds
2
06-03-2009 09:07 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: missing/broken trunk access panels. problem?


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: