XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Modified 2010 XKR, thumbs up or down?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,273 Likes on 877 Posts

I don't mind it but I'm not mad for anything. I wouldn't pay for it to be done, and in fact I'd pay less for that than I would for a standard one. The interior is identical to what mine was before I wrapped it. Like someone ate a tree and threw up in there.

The following users liked this post:
SoCal Babe (02-16-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,198 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Muddydog
I like the diffuser as well.
That does look pretty cool, but is it really functional? If not, I would not put it on.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The close up of the black "SUPERCHARGED" thing on the hood seem to show it as being pitted and in the last picture of the trunk you can see that two of the plastic "screws" are missing. Seems attention to detail is not what it should be...

Old 02-16-2014, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Considering all of the mods to this car, the price is not bad.

However, Couture Customs states clearly in their ad that "custom wheels" are put on the car for the photo shoot and presentation. They state that they have the original wheels, so I suspect the black wheels are NOT included in the price due to this disclaimer. The only aspect other than the wheels is the higher mileage which shows this car has been driven. However, it's a one owner.

"At Couture Customs some of our cars are shown with custom optional and additional wheel packages, if shown with custom wheels they are additional to the listed price whether stated otherwise."

http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/pdf....4856&d_id=5348

http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/pdf....4856&d_id=5348

Jaguar XK XKR | eBay

http://stores.ebay.com/Couture-Custo...p2047675.l2563

Old 02-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I drove by that dealership today.. their site looks like they throw parties in the show room!

Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Love it...absolutely love it.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:01 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I guess it looks good. The grille is kinda an Aston rip-off. I think the gloss black stuff would look better in black chrome. I bought mine because I like the way it looks bone stock.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Actually Couture Customs is owned by Hamid Salari who also owns, Luxor Motor Group and Arcadia Auto Body. They were raided last week by the FBI and he and his brother, along with another business associate were arrested for selling cars to undercover FBI agents for cash monthly since last September. The agents told them they were drug dealers and needed to buy luxury cars for cash and with no paperwork and they continued to sell them cars for cash.

Salari has for years been in trouble with the IRS, DMV and the city of Scottsdale. There should have been no vehicles left at Couture as the FBI seized every vehicle from every business including a jewelry store they were all selling high end jewelry from for cash and not reporting it also.

All things aside, the car be it nice or not, I would tell interested parties to find someone else to create one for you. I have know Hamid (not closely) for years and he always smelled of a scam. In both the used car business and the auto body business.

Just thought I would give you a little more about the company and people who own it.

Eurotoys (04-27-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 11:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,171 Likes on 3,393 Posts

Originally Posted by John Fox
Actually Couture Customs is owned by Hamid Salari who also owns, Luxor Motor Group and Arcadia Auto Body. They were raided last week by the FBI and he and his brother, along with another business associate were arrested for selling cars to undercover FBI agents for cash monthly since last September. The agents told them they were drug dealers and needed to buy luxury cars for cash and with no paperwork and they continued to sell them cars for cash.

Salari has for years been in trouble with the IRS, DMV and the city of Scottsdale. There should have been no vehicles left at Couture as the FBI seized every vehicle from every business including a jewelry store they were all selling high end jewelry from for cash and not reporting it also.

All things aside, the car be it nice or not, I would tell interested parties to find someone else to create one for you. I have know Hamid (not closely) for years and he always smelled of a scam. In both the used car business and the auto body business.

Just thought I would give you a little more about the company and people who own it.
Here's the Channel 12 NBC News broadcast: 3 face charges after IRS raids luxury-car dealership It's worth watching, as well as reading the article.

Note that the raid was conducted by IRS Special Agents; they are responsible for criminal investigations and have a very high conviction rate.

You should be glad if you never bought a car from Luxor. But if you did, you should be really worried because you are probably already being investigated by the IRS. The brothers Salari and their friend Farah Isaac are just the tip of the iceberg.

Eurotoys (04-27-2014)
Old 04-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

I am local in Scottsdale - thanks for posting. The Luxor place always seemed shady...lots of entry level bimmers and benzes with rims selling for too much $$$.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 359 Likes on 254 Posts

They should have just completed it by adding side pipes. Not a fan of the front kit, as well. Don't like the wheels 'n tires, way too low profile. One would be replacing them within a couple weeks. I like the color and the diffuser, though.
However,"Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye" (Wm Shakespeare)...........

Old 04-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Not that I don't think these guys are shady as can be, but can't you use cash to buy a car? As far as the FBI is concerned it sounds like entrapment to me as they enticed them to sell the cars. If someone wants buy my car in cash why should I care what business they are in? There are plenty of TV shows that show people buying high end cars with cash. I can understand selling the cars with no papers as illegal but the rest of it sounds a bit odd to me.

Not reporting cash to the IRS that's another story the mafia errr IRS will get bite hard for that.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,268 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Apparently they weren't a licensensed dealership or licensensed to finance cars either.

http://www.azdfi.gov/Consumers/Publi...LA_Consent.pdf

MaximA (04-25-2014)
Old 04-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

In a situation like this.....there is always bad and some good.

Keep in mind that the Feds now have possession of all these Luxury vehicles, and eventually they will be sold at a Government Auction some day.

I would have to assume there will be some great deals on these cars. The Feds will want their money from these recovered assets.

That's the good for someone.

As for buying a car with cash.....no problem. These guys however accepted cash from drug dealers who made their money dealing in illegal drugs, thus, they got busted, and the money is considered dirty and illegal.

Interesting story. They did have some nice cars. Nothing wrong with the cars, just the dealers.

"Another one bites the dust".

MaximA (04-28-2014)
Old 04-26-2014, 09:36 AM
Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

As a dealer selling any car for a cash amount over $10,000.00 and NOT reporting it, which they did no less than 4 times, is a federal offence. He also does not have a finance license which you need in the state of AZ to arrange or finance any transaction. Also a violation and up to $1000.00 per transaction fine which I know for a fact he was being investigated 3 months ago for over 200 transactions. Also federal law states that if you knowingly accept money from a drug dealer (FBI clearly stated they were drug dealers) and sell them anything its a felony. Add to that the non reporting of the over 10K transaction and they are busted.

I am sorry but the entrapment thing is a joke. They have been doing illegal things for years. If there was a drug dealer next to your home I think you would want the FBI to use whatever means possible to bust them. They are scum, scammers and should be banned from the automobile industry IMHO.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,171 Likes on 3,393 Posts

No doubt that they will continue to be in the automobile industry for some time.

They will be making license plates while living rent-free in government housing.

ralphwg (04-27-2014)
Old 04-28-2014, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by John Fox
As a dealer selling any car for a cash amount over $10,000.00 and NOT reporting it, which they did no less than 4 times, is a federal offence. He also does not have a finance license which you need in the state of AZ to arrange or finance any transaction. Also a violation and up to $1000.00 per transaction fine which I know for a fact he was being investigated 3 months ago for over 200 transactions. Also federal law states that if you knowingly accept money from a drug dealer (FBI clearly stated they were drug dealers) and sell them anything its a felony. Add to that the non reporting of the over 10K transaction and they are busted.

I am sorry but the entrapment thing is a joke. They have been doing illegal things for years. If there was a drug dealer next to your home I think you would want the FBI to use whatever means possible to bust them. They are scum, scammers and should be banned from the automobile industry IMHO.
Thanks I was just asking a question as I wasn't sure of the entire story, I didn't say they were stand up citizens nor was I arguing the fact just asking a simple question that I was not informed on.

I'm sorry but saying you are a drug dealer doesn't make you one, just like saying your a doctor doesn't make you one. So based on this you can just walk around saying whatever you do that fits that situation to make a bust. If some guy buying my car says hes a drug dealer and gives me cash I can't take it? What if hes not a drug dealer and just trying to act like a bad ***(in his world). What if he says hes a lawyer but is actually a drug dealer. Then I'm in trouble? That's where my issue is. NOT the fact that they guys deserves what they got.

If my neighbor was doing something illegal and hurtful I wouldn't want the police or FBI to do ANYTHING to stop him, I'd want them to use whatever legal means they have. I'm tired of LE/government skirting the law, we obviously have had very different experiences with LE, and no I do not condone illegal activity nor have a record of doing so.

The following 2 users liked this post by MaximA:
bigdhenderson (04-28-2014), Eurotoys (04-29-2014)
Old 04-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,123 Likes on 795 Posts

Hmmm - I don't like the law creating a crime from scratch, but this seems a bit different. Based on the report linked above, these guys were presented with a scenario along the lines of "I'm a dealer, I have lots of drug money to get rid of, I want to buy cars & jewellery without any trace and with no ownership linked to me - can you help?". My response would be "No way, please leave, I don't want anything to do with that sort of deal"; I might consider reporting them to the cops, though that's potentially risky. However, it is alleged that these guys said "Sure, no problem, and here's some suggestions how we can do it". That's not just turning a blind eye, it's active collaboration.

OK, all this is based on what the cops told the media - but if the description is correct, that seems a long way from entrapment.

MaximA (04-28-2014)
Old 04-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Veteran Member

Ok that makes sense, thank you... Forget entrapment, but just saying your drug dealer doesn't make you one is my point. Not saying these were great guys, if they broke the law then so be it. I don't care for cops coming in and just saying hey I'm a drug dealer can I buy a car or ten? Then 10 minutes later oh your busted buddy... There are a lot of honest people that would say yes to that if they are on hard times and would now be in jail for a felony based on a lie from LE. THAT I'm NOT OK with.

These guys were obvious pieces of work and deserve what they got, I was just asking for some more detail and understanding, as I don't trust the media and I'm obviously not a attorney.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,123 Likes on 795 Posts

I agree - finding someone who is absolutely desperate but has no track-record of crime and tempting them mightily, or pestering someone constantly until they agree to do something, that's manufacturing criminal intent. I know someone who was bombarded by endless texts & calls from someone wanting to buy drugs - he wasn't a dealer, but eventually he gave the guy the name of someone he knew had drug connections, just to get him off his back. And was then busted for intent to supply. Fortunately, the case was thrown out.

Having strong suspicion of criminal activity but insufficient evidence to prosecute, and then gaining strong evidence by offering a criminal activity and having it gladly accepted - thats a different scenario.

MaximA (04-28-2014)

Quick Reply: Modified 2010 XKR, thumbs up or down?