XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 04:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Topcroc
Thinking out of the square.

All your symptoms could relate to a transfer of weight i.e hard acceleration, braking and planting yourself heavily in the seat, even while the car is stationary and not running.

Could it be a rubber bush that is "chirping" against the metal housing in the suspension some where as the suspension changes position?.
I want to think that it is the brakes... Because Lubing the brakes changed the problem but did not cure it. However... If replaced and problem still exists... then suspension is next in line?

Old 06-07-2013, 04:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar52
I want to think that it is the brakes... Because Lubing the brakes changed the problem but did not cure it. However... If replaced and problem still exists... then suspension is next in line?
Yes exactly, brakes shocks, and exhaust pipes mountings, exhaust heat protector, i will have updated all by now. and my silencer rear noise was heard in the front, so maybe your rear sounds come from the front. Taking down all that is under the car and re-set it with new mountings straight will have been real good, and what it cost 6-8 hours for the dealership, instead in 60 days you will still be there.

Ryan, let's not forget, some people if lost and tired could use some post as an argument to give up, while they should really not do it, so perdon me if i hurt any feelings, i just wanted you to open your eyes, but i am sure you know all i am saying and you are just the purchaser and have to be more kind. Perdon me if i restrain posting in the future i would not want be the fruit/argument for them to give up. We never know. It is affecting me to see that this car market will never changes.
it's not helping saying " I will not have bought the car there" but maybe knowing another long term jag dealer will have dealt differently does. the sooner they eliminates these posibilties the faster they will find out, it could be a disc or anything related to wheel / brakes. Not sure if it is the brakes as lubrication usually last, maybe the sounds was delayed a few days due to taking this appart and set them back but the actual problem is still there as day 1.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-07-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
Yes exactly, brakes shocks, and exhaust pipes mountings, exhaust heat protector, i will have updated all by now. and my silencer rear noise was heard in the front, so maybe your rear sounds come from the front. Taking down all that is under the car and re-set it with new mountings straight will have been real good, and what it cost 6-8 hours for the dealership, instead in 60 days you will still be there.

Ryan, let's not forget, some people if lost and tired could use some post as an argument to give up, while they should really not do it, so perdon me if i hurt any feelings, i just wanted you to open your eyes, but i am sure you know all i am saying and you are just the purchaser and have to be more kind. Perdon me if i restrain posting in the future i would not want be the fruit/argument for them to give up. We never know. It is affecting me to see that this car market will never changes.
it's not helping saying " I will not have bought the car there" but maybe knowing another long term jag dealer will have dealt differently does. the sooner they eliminates these posibilties the faster they will find out, it could be a disc or anything related to wheel / brakes. Not sure if it is the brakes as lubrication usually last, maybe the sounds was delayed a few days due to taking this appart and set them back but the actual problem is still there as day 1.
You keep speaking your mind Pierre! You are not hurting my feelings at all!!! We are brothers!! Always remember this!! I agree - maybe this is not the brakes...maybe that taking things apart does cause a delay in the inevitable return of the problem. I thought about this today myself with my family. We STILL do not have a 100% for sure cause of this problem - ie it was not localized to one spring or the other. AND AGAIN - this is a problem not seen before - a true "lemon problem".

Old 06-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member

Just so everyone knows how much i care about this car - Look at her being waxed along side a RARE Ferrari. The detailer thought so much of my "Christine" he did this photo for showcase without even asking!

Attached Thumbnails My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?-61318_10151303134397239_698543586_n.jpg   My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?-532394_10151303133997239_378953474_n.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (06-07-2013)
Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

Thumbs up!!!

Man, I do love that color!

Lothar52 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Fabulous, really...real nice place to do some detailing, I will take mine there if there was one business like this around here....
It is legit for a lemon?

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-07-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Loth, sorry to hear about your experience. These squeaks, chirps and other small noises are definitely inconveniences, especially on a new car. I've had issues on my cars before, one which come and go, I don't think I ever got rid of it, but it was on an older car which eventually was totaled in front of my house on the road one night, so my problem went away. I could have sworn it was brakes or the actual wheels. Interesting thing is that the noise went away when they swapped out the hub then came back later on. Tell them to try replacing the wheels/getting loaner wheels. No idea but it could be a culprit. My bicycle had a creak one day, we took everything off checked everything, then finally decided to swap the wheels. The carbon had a hairline crack in one of the wheels and that was causing the issue. Good luck. and if you can't get it fixed, I'll trade you my old S-Type for you XKRS. ;-) Then you can deal with some other issues...like problematic hard start or roaring noise out of the rear end, which my mechanic thinks is the transmission. Ugh. Good luck!

Old 06-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

trying with new wheels is not a hard trial i guess. If I was in the aera and if my wheels were to fit i will be there...

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-07-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

Haha!! Never thought it could be the wheels themselves... How can they test this?!?

Muddydog (06-23-2013)
Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member

Haha!! Never thought it could be the wheels themselves... How can they test this?!?
By changing them simply.

I did one time asked Paco here to get me some wheels and he called me and we tried and it was much better, this was to try some tires. The dealership flexibility, is all.

See the advantage of going to another dealer who do have an xkrs in stock, he could swap parts more easily as byers do not have another xkrs.

I will try to record this sounds, and i will post it here and will send it to Haron Jaguar in Fresno after calling them cause emails are....I will send this link/recording to 10 jaguar dealerships in Uk London, Coventry area. If you look at it its 2 minutes for them and it could saved, a lot of time to all.

I have no idea how long it will take if a rep put some delays within everything they do and since no parts were ordered yet in 45 days to eventually changed let say 5 or 8 parts before to find out, maybe 4 months? so if they could agree with a dealership nearby where another used or new xkr s is present, to have your car towed away there and to swap as many (easy) parts as they can.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-07-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

I'm amazed at the length of this thread and the patience of Lothar. I don't think I would have lasted this long or kept my head. I hope they resolve your issues soon and compensate you for your troubles.

The following 2 users liked this post by Fulton:
jagxk2008 (06-07-2013), Lothar52 (06-08-2013)
Old 06-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Fulton
I'm amazed at the length of this thread and the patience of Lothar. I don't think I would have lasted this long or kept my head. I hope they resolve your issues soon and compensate you for your troubles.
You are very kind!!!! It's not only an embarrassment for Jaguar but myself personally as well. As a young man 36 I took a chance on Jaguar. I am the demographic they hope to capture from BMW and Mercedes....The young professional (after all who else can afford these cars?) I can not drive it not knowing exactly what is wrong with it and that lessens my enjoyment immensly!! 900 miles including many trips to dealership and driving around locally to test it. My friends say to me "Well, it's a jaguar".... and then smirk like im a sucker. what they don't understand is that this is not a common problem for the car. Nonetheless I will not drive anyone around or show off the car with idiot noises coming from the back. I went to one show and thats it!! I will not sit there knowing the car has some sort of defective sound/component and smile like everything is ok. It continues to be a significant source of stress considering the $$ I have into it (6 figure down payment).

Loth

(see my post below after sleeping on it)

Last edited by Lothar52; 06-08-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:51 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 928 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
Tell the dealer to keep the car until fixed. Give you a courtesy car until it is completely fixed, keep you updated on the progress, or lack of progress daily. If your car can't be fixed in 3 more weeks you want a new replacement available by the end of the month. You need some concrete direction. This can't keep going on. Let them know the more your car is in the shop the less valuable your car becomes--no one wants a problem car. Jaguar needs to give you customer service. I would ask the tough questions. What if the car is not fixed after a month, etc.? If you are not happy with the answers I would have a lawyer send Jaguar senior management, USA, a letter of customer dissatisfaction and available remedies you have. Once this issue gets senior management attention you will get answers and Jaguar will do whatever possible to correct the problem. Hopefully no further legal action will be necessary. Jaguar, USA, senior management needs to be involved from this time forward or your just goofing around at the dealer level.
Wow. Not fixed yet and no further ahead just more head ache, unusable $120,000+ car. Ryan, Jaguar needs to take you seriously. Spend a couple hundred on an attorney putting the remedies in writing to Jaguar USA. Let Jaguar know you mean business. You have been patient, have given Jaguar enough time and opportunity to fix the problem and will no longer entertain a lemon car. This problem could be serious and you need to take it seriously. I would be pissed... Read my previous post above. Ryan, if you do nothing you are merely entertaining the problem and are not moving forward to a remedy, what ever that may be.

Last edited by DGL; 06-07-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Lothar52 (06-08-2013)
Old 06-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
Spend a couple hundred on an attorney putting the remedies in writing to Jaguar USA.
really, I will do it without any emotions. Then once it's resolved, you will be back with lot of enjoyment. Jaguar will assume it well. They will do this before you do it, if they were in your shoes. It could be the chassis, then you are there for 25 years with byers...it's a serious business, I don't want stress out Ryan more and calculate with the depreciation, what is the loss here everyday. No more expenses on that car, except the best lawyer in town.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-08-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Lothar52 (06-08-2013)
Old 06-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member

Jaguar dealership called... Appointment Monday. They were told by Jaguar to put listening devices on the car to localize.

Loth

jagxk2008 (06-08-2013)
Old 06-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member

Here are my thoughts:

I think if they prove the BRAKES are the issues and I stress greasing them has not helped x 2 - they will replace. I will again stress this is a new expensive car (140k after taxes), it is a show car with a 3000 dollar restorative detail (dealer scratches) and almost a complete body wrap (to prevent rock chips). I do not want defective equipment associated with it. Hopefully we get somewhere and get to the bottom of it with the microphone testing.

No matter what I will be in contact with jaguar some way to ask for some reasonable specific compensation due to stress and time but that is for a later date once the car is fixed- we need to get this rare car FIXED. I think a lawyer at this time may worsen relations (Do not worry...I have one, many actually, ive needed them in the past, and it did cause the following) - ie defensive stances. I want them to be honest with me...I want to work with them every step of the way!

They are watching this thread and monitoring - they know I am serious and my documentation of time and appointments is faultless. They know future sales depend on this thread having a great outcome and everyone being happy with Jaguar - DGL's F-Type purchase depends on it!!

I want to know how Jaguar takes care of their customers when they want to do them right - without demands, anger, or lawyers. If they do not - well...the business lost via this thread may be enough punishment in its own right. But you will all make that decision for yourselves.

This thread may NEVER go away as others chime in with different situations...hopefully its a joyful sound with people stating for years how well Jaguar did in making this situation right. You always hear people say as my friends have smirking (I do not know if they are my friends now!)..."Well its a Jaguar". Id love to come back at that and say the problem is fixed... but did your Toyota dealership do THIS for you when you car had a problem?? No matter what all cars have problems and what did the company do to make it RIGHT? If they become known for customer service and making things right - the business will skyrocket! That choice is in their hands - I have ideas...but lets all see what happens.

The law requires 3 honest attempts to fix the problem though the problem remains. They have only had 2 - I must give them the time to make it right. No matter what - The boards support, ideas, and opinions are sound... and I appreciate every one of you!!

Loth

jagxk2008 (06-08-2013)
Old 06-08-2013, 11:28 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 928 Likes on 607 Posts

Ryan, your car looks absolutely stunning in the pictures you posted. I can't imagine driving up to my favorite restaurant with such a great looking car going chirp, CHIRP, chirp, CHIRP, chirp with everyone watching. This alone will certainly deter anyone from buying a Jaguar.

Lothar52 (06-08-2013)
Old 06-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
Ryan, your car looks absolutely stunning in the pictures you posted. I can't imagine driving up to my favorite restaurant with such a great looking car going chirp, CHIRP, chirp, CHIRP, chirp with everyone watching. This alone will certainly deter anyone from buying a Jaguar.
Im not driving it in any form of public venue anymore until its fixed. I went to back up at the year columbus british car show...the whole place was watching me like I was a rock star... "Chirp" from D to R to back into the space. Yeah...a little embarrassing.

Loth

Old 06-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member

Im not driving it in any form of public venue anymore until its fixed. I went to back up at the year columbus british car show...the whole place was watching me like I was a rock star... "Chirp" from D to R to back into the space. Yeah...a little embarrassing.

Loth
Sorry to change of subject, they do not carry xk cover at jaguar USA, you deserve one, you know the great heavy ones. I was looking to post a link but could not find one unless one that seems aftermarket. I know the dealership here has nice OEM ones.

I think Jaguar should get you one at least, or more, once it's fixed.

Google Image Result for http://www.madisonjaguar.com/jaguar_boutique/images/Jaguar-XK-Car-Cover.jpg

Ryan, After such detailing job, how do you wash the car after? you may have a cover already?

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-08-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Lothar52 (06-08-2013)
Old 06-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member

Hey Pierre. I do have a cover... I wash with microfiber towels and car soap that is mild... It's due to go in for a waxing... That is once the car is fixed.

jagxk2008 (06-08-2013)

Quick Reply: My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?