Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Custom Pedals on Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts
Default New Custom Pedals on Order

I have these pedals on order with the "R" logo embossed on the foot rest and brake pedals. I ordered the frosted anti-slip finish. They can be bought at ULTIMATE PEDALS.
What do you think?

Changed order to smooth brushed aluminum to match XKR 175 tread plates. scheduled to be shipped 2-11.

Attached Thumbnails New Custom Pedals on Order-dsc00196.jpg  

Last edited by DGL; 02-09-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Default Embosed look

The above "R" logo on the brake is engraved. I ordered the "R" logo embossed which will look similar to this Maserati brake pedal but with the "R" logo. They also have different logos such as XFR, JAGUAR, and the leaping cat.

Attached Thumbnails New Custom Pedals on Order-embossed_frosted_anti_slip.jpg  
Old 01-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I have these pedals on order with the "R" logo embossed on the foot rest and brake pedals. I ordered the frosted anti-slip finish. They can be bought at ULTIMATE PEDALS.
What do you think?
Outstanding....

Take some before - during - and after shots please!
I'm tempted to follow your lead! Photos will help me a lot with the decision!

-Vince

Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CleverName
Outstanding....

Take some before - during - and after shots please!
I'm tempted to follow your lead! Photos will help me a lot with the decision!

-Vince
Great idea. I'll keep updating. I wanted to get some feedback before finalizing the order. Too much customizing on things like pedals can get tacky. However, if done properly can be very appealing. Any suggestions on the logos (JAGUAR, "R", leaping cat) and placement?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member

More a personal call if you ask me...
If I proceeded, I would probably just do the leaper on the brake pedal

Like you point, I'm also worried about it getting tacky as I love my dark interior. Even thought about powder coating them black or charcoal gray to cut the sharp contrast down....

Obviously I have not made the commitment to buy yet, but eventually want a nice dead-pedal as a minimum.

-Vince

Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,140 Likes on 3,383 Posts

subscribed...

Old 01-25-2013, 07:32 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Default Finalized Order.

This is crazy. I'm talking to a guy on the phone at Ultimate Pedals about detailing the pedals and my wife is laughing in the background. She thinks I've gone off the deep end and lost my mind.

Ok. I've decided on 3 pedals. All pedals manufactured in brushed aluminum to match the "XKR 175 1 of 175" brushed aluminum door sill plates. They should also blend in nicely with the aluminum/black piano trim. They will look similar in finish to the pocket of buttons for the seat controls.

All pedals will be drilled for rubber inserts. I will not install the inserts on the gas pedal.

The dead pedal will have an embossed "R" on the bottom half which will be visible looking down. The other pedals are hard to see because they are so far back.

Before finalizing the order Ultimate Pedals emailed me templates of the exact size and basic design.

I decided against the anti-slip pedals shown in the picture above--I thought they looked too busy and tacky. Too much bling bang.

I will post pictures of the design templates, before, and after. My ETA is February 16.

I must agree with my wife this does seem a bit ridiculous. However, I'm passionate about my cars and like to enjoy them. What better car to enjoy than a Jaguar!

Last edited by DGL; 01-25-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Default OEM Pedals

My 2009 XKR Portfolio came from the factory with stainless steel(?)/rubber accelerator and brake pedal covers pictured below. I'd like to add a similar dead pedal cover over the dirty carpet on the left.

Jaguar offers a Bright Finish Pedal Kit as a dealer-installed accessory, but no dead pedal. I don't know the cost. Note the Leaper logo on the gas pedal. Nice!

I was unable to find any pedals or pedal covers when I searched several OEM Jaguar parts websites. If non-Portfolio models are just rubber pedals perhaps the Portfolio covers or the accessory Pedal Kit would be a cost-effective alternative to the Ultimate Pedals offerings..

I'll call Ultimate Pedals and see if they will make a dead pedal for me, without the brake and gas pedals.

Stuart

Attached Thumbnails New Custom Pedals on Order-8419057820_da86851dfa_z.jpg   New Custom Pedals on Order-8417952719_b6f82d25e0_z.jpg  

Last edited by Stuart S; 01-30-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: correction - not sure if ss or polished aluminum
Old 01-27-2013, 05:07 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=
Jaguar offers a Bright Finish Pedal Kit as a dealer-installed accessory, but no dead pedal. I don't know the cost. Note the Leaper logo on the gas pedal. Nice![/QUOTE]

These are standard on the XKR-S, I believe. They are nice. The brake and gas pedals are not easily visible. Without bending down to see them the ends are only visible and any engraving or embossing will not be obvious. This is why I optioned to have the "R" logo embossed on the dead pedal. I also want to keep with the theme of the car and do this in good taste. I want them to look like they belong and enhance the cars appeal; this is why I optioned to go with the brushed aluminum to match the sill plates. Curious on what the dealership would charge for the XKR-S brake/gas pedals. I've seen them listed on ebay for around $130.

Last edited by DGL; 01-27-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:35 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Default Footrest Pedal teaser

Ultimate Pedals have sent me a teaser picture of the footrest pedal. It looks like they used the wrong template for the footrest. It should be the same shape as the mock-up picture. however, the embossed "R" looks great. I'm sure they will redo it before shipping all pedals.

Attached Thumbnails New Custom Pedals on Order-footrest_xkr_embossed_r-6-.jpg   New Custom Pedals on Order-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 02-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member

I can hold off till you get the real article, but it would be nice of you to take that pattern, put it in place and snap a closeup shot of it to show how accurate a fit it will be....
I'm so into this upgrade I can hardly wait for you to get the real thing and show us all!

Vince

Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Default Finishing Touch the Factory Forgot!

Originally Posted by Stuart S
My 2009 XKR Portfolio came from the factory with stainless steel(?)/rubber accelerator and brake pedal covers pictured below. I'd like to add a similar dead pedal cover over the dirty carpet on the left.

I'll call Ultimate Pedals and see if they will make a dead pedal for me, without the brake and gas pedals.

Stuart
Below is the mockup of the footrest that Robert from Ultimate Pedals will be making for me, which matches my gas pedal, above. Disregard the green/yellow format; the green part will be polished aluminum and the yellow will be matte finish.

The slots will not go all the way through and I will not use any rubber inserts. I'm planning to paint the matte surfaces flat black to look like the gas pedal. I'm also thinking about painting the "R" to match the factory emblem, below, and then covering the "R" with polyurethane film to protect the paint. Tacky? Maybe I'll just leave the whole thing polished/matte. What do you think?

The finishing touch that the factory forgot!

Stuart

Attached Thumbnails New Custom Pedals on Order-8445729161_62a16e58fc_z.jpg   New Custom Pedals on Order-8434790502_75f3d0f7dd.jpg  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Below is the mockup of the footrest that Robert from Ultimate Pedals will be making for me, which matches my gas pedal, above. Disregard the green/yellow format; the green part will be polished aluminum and the yellow will be matte finish.

Hey Stuart,

Don't be too quick to sign off on the foot rest pedal. Robert is making 1 up for me and I bought it to his attention the "R" logo, and the lines in your case, is/are not level with the floor but slope up. The diagram shows the right vertical edge was used as a base for the lines which is not vertical when installed. The pictured pedal will look lopsided--especially with so many sloping lines. Robert is redoing my pedal. I received the wrong template initially. Robert sent me a picture of the manufactured pedal which I immediately bought to his attention the "R" logo was angled and sloped up on the right.

I suggest you also bring this to Robert's attention or it will be like looking at a poorly hung picture.

I think you should make the foot rest pedal look like the other pedals as much as possible. If you could get some strip rubber inserts to match the brake and gas it would look great. I was going to paint my "R" logo green and red to match the standard colors but have decided against it for now--I want them to match the XKR 1 of 175 sill tread plates on my car. Make them look elegant and factory. Just my opinion. Have fun with it.

Last edited by DGL; 02-04-2013 at 10:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DGL:
CleverName (02-04-2013), Stuart S (02-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member

Wow good catch.... Deserves a "Thanks"!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
Hey Stuart,

Don't be too quick to sign off on the foot rest pedal. Robert is making 1 up for me and I bought it to his attention the "R" logo, and the lines in your case, is/are not level with the floor but slope up. The diagram shows the right vertical edge was used as a base for the lines which is not vertical when installed. The pictured pedal will look lopsided--especially with so many sloping lines. Robert is redoing my pedal. I received the wrong template initially. Robert sent me a picture of the manufactured pedal which I immediately bought to his attention the "R" logo was angled and sloped up on the right.

I suggest you also bring this to Robert's attention or it will be like looking at a poorly hung picture.

I think you should make the foot rest pedal look like the other pedals as much as possible. If you could get some strip rubber inserts to match the brake and gas it would look great. I was going to paint my "R" logo green and red to match the standard colors but have decided against it for now--I want them to match the XKR 1 of 175 sill tread plates on my car. Make them look elegant and factory. Just my opinion. Have fun with it.

DGL,

Good catch, and thanks! I noticed that, too. Here's a copy of part of the email I sent to Robert at 8:35PM tonight:
"Outstanding! Exactly what I had in mind. Your layout (green/yellow) with the 2 slots below the logo and one screw hole at the top and bottom replicates the gas pedal design perfectly.
I think it might be an optical illusion, but the slots don't seem to be parallel to the top and bottom edges of the footrest. I assume they will be when you make it."
Thanks for the good idea for the strip rubber inserts - easy to do.

With your experience and my question, I think Robert will get it right. He's been real easy to work with and I'm sure he will get more business from this forum IF he gets it right!

Stuart

Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

I received an email from Robert today. My pedals will be shipped Monday.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I received an email from Robert today. My pedals will be shipped Monday.
So, did you get the pedals? How are they? Would you mind posting a photo of the dead pedal and letting me know how it worked for you?

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ct6978
So, did you get the pedals? How are they? Would you mind posting a photo of the dead pedal and letting me know how it worked for you?

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails New Custom Pedals on Order-images.jpg  
Old 02-14-2013, 07:18 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails New Custom Pedals on Order-27417299662_329619765_im1_04_565x421_a_562x421.jpg   New Custom Pedals on Order-27417299681_329619765_im1_18_565x421_a_562x421.jpg  
Old 02-14-2013, 07:19 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Thanks.
I will not receive the pedals until next week at the earliest. They were shipped to Canada via ground and they're coming from Miami. They need to go through customs etc. I'll post when I receive them. Hang in there.

Quick Reply: New Custom Pedals on Order