XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New (to me) 2012 XK

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Received 214 Likes on 149 Posts
Default New (to me) 2012 XK

My new (to me anyway) 2012 XK convertible was just delivered this morning. I flew across the country last weekend to look at it and buy it. Most importantly my wife was happy with it when it arrived. Polaris white over caramel.

We bought this to replace our '91 XJS convertible that was recently totaled. Some dimwit turned left in front of my wife and really messed up the old Jag. I spent the past year re-doing everything on it. We decided to get something a little more modern that will keep the passengers cool in the 115 degree Tucson summer heat.

We have had a coupe and convertible XK8's and a host of other Jags so we are not new to the brand. This seems to be a great car and I will be asking for advice on this forum about our latest addition.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

Welcome to the XK world. You will definitely enjoy the 5L XK. Two suggestions for accessories:

1. The Jagwrangler's remote top and rear window controller. As a matter of fact there is a promo on right now, on lucky winner will get a new remote top controller. See the first or second entry on the "home page" for X150 (XK and XKR). If you don't win it. the got to thejagwrangler.com. for more information and ordering.

2. A rear wind deflector to fit in the back seat area. This can be ordered from Mina Galleries in LA or Adamesh in the UK. Jaguar has a factory deflector as well, but it would cost about double of either of the other two. I have an Adamesh deflector and I am quite pleased with it.

Finally when you have a chance please post some pics of your new ride.

The following users liked this post:
LoudHogRider (04-02-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 12:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 631 Likes on 409 Posts

Congrats! Sounds like my color combo, at least the white portion. I am not sure if my interior is caramel or not...

The intro is not complete yet.

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (04-02-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 06:20 AM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by tampamark

The intro is not complete yet.

What he said indeed..