XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A new stance for my Jag XK60 edition.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Received 270 Likes on 93 Posts

It does. But it was lowering so fast it couldnt stop it from exploding with the force of the fluid. Was totally my fault and now I learned my lesson. And my wife was standing next to it which could have gone much worse than it did.

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
You hydraulic tank reservoir should have a vented port to help prevent it blowing like that.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:56 AM

On today's episode there isn't much of a change except I spent 5 hours last night mounting the fenders. They are finally on the car!! This will making wrapping them much easier. I do have some inner fender trimming to do as my wheels slightly touch when turning. I am hoping tonight I can wrap these fenders but I might have to wait until tomorrow as I will be celebrating my daughters bday tonight.

Other than the fender and mirrors that still need wrapped we are looking at pretty much a finished product. I have to remove the wheels and fenders thursday morning so I can trailer my car a few hours to get the keys made. The trailer is 7ft wide and my car with its new wheels and fenders is exactly 7ft wide.

Maybe my next post will be this car finally seeing sunlight. And also im hoping to clean this dam garage. Tools all over the place, spilled hydraulic fluid, dirt, dust and who knows what else.

The following users liked this post:
jahummer (05-08-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 12:04 AM

Well she is done, for the most part. Minor things yet like wrap mirrors and wire up headrest monitors... and of course fix the coolant leak this friday. But tomorrow I will be trailing her all the way to Willis Auto Jaguar in Des Moines just to get a set of keys made. Ill try to make a video of the trip and take some pictures of the car actually outside the garage for the first time since.... November? December? I cant remember... its been a long time.

The car is dirty and the pic was at a bad angle.. tomorrows shots will be much better.

TM08XKR (04-25-2022)
Old 05-10-2018, 03:32 AM
Received 375 Likes on 248 Posts

Will be fun to see it outside in daylight!:-)

Old 05-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,151 Likes on 3,085 Posts

Maybe a suggestion??? Where you have wrap on the headlights to visually reshape them, my eye is drawn TO that spot because the wrap pattern is off. Would a pattern-match wrap in that area perhaps be more appealing?

The following 2 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
jahummer (05-10-2018), jwooky (05-11-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Maybe a suggestion??? Where you have wrap on the headlights to visually reshape them, my eye is drawn TO that spot because the wrap pattern is off. Would a pattern-match wrap in that area perhaps be more appealing?
It's not just the pattern, it's the angle that is wrong, the pattern is now at 45 degrees to the pattern on the hood/body.

The following 2 users liked this post by jahummer:
ralphwg (05-10-2018), TexasTraveler (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by jahummer
It's not just the pattern, it's the angle that is wrong, the pattern is now at 45 degrees to the pattern on the hood/body.
Agreed. He's aligning with the bumper cover below but a hood alignment might be a better choice.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

I think a mild 'S' shape on the bottom edge of the headlamp graphic would give it a meaner look as well as orienting the graphic so it matched the hood / fender graphics. These cars body's abhor a straight line.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,151 Likes on 3,085 Posts

I think a mild 'S' shape on the bottom edge of the headlamp graphic would give it a meaner look as well as orienting the graphic so it matched the hood / fender graphics. These cars body's abhor a straight line.
And, much like Nature, my wife abhors a vacuum.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:57 AM

I actually wanted the graphic to match the hood instead but I had only left over vinyl large enough to do the design the way it is now.... but I can print larger pieces now that I know I like the look and have it match the hood direction. Thanks guys for the input.

Originally Posted by Sean W
Agreed. He's aligning with the bumper cover below but a hood alignment might be a better choice.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ridicrick
I actually wanted the graphic to match the hood instead but I had only left over vinyl large enough to do the design the way it is now.... but I can print larger pieces now that I know I like the look and have it match the hood direction. Thanks guys for the input.
Well now the whole thing is ruined. Start over from scratch please.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:17 PM

So I got good news and bad news... Good news is I got the keys made for the car and the total bill was just a little over 500 (2 key fobs and installation). I had probably a few hundred people take pictures and video of my car yesterday. The mechanics and guys from all the dealerships nearby were all coming to check it out. At every gas station, food stop or store there was people taking pictures with it, asking questions and kids loved it! On Instagram I had dub magazine and over a dozen other large well known companies share the post, comment and private message me about future photo shoots and so on. Simple amazing how awesome everyone has been. I think the car could have a fun future ahead.

Here is the bad news.... Tried to start the car this morning and it wont run. Usually shuts right off but sometimes runs for a minute or two but really rough. Blowing out grey smoke and dripping watery soot like stuff from the exhaust. I thought it was oil at first, but dont think it is. So my car is at a buddys garage now and stuck there, wont run. Strange thing is now the car isnt leaking any coolant for the little bit it did run.

I put the wife to work helping me with strapping it to the trailer.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ridicrick
Here is the bad news.... Tried to start the car this morning and it wont run. Usually shuts right off but sometimes runs for a minute or two but really rough. Blowing out grey smoke and dripping watery soot like stuff from the exhaust. I thought it was oil at first, but dont think it is. So my car is at a buddys garage now and stuck there, wont run. Strange thing is now the car isnt leaking any coolant for the little bit it did run.
Running on is a sign of electrical gremlins. How long has it been doing it? If post stereo install I'd power from all of it suspecting electrical noise / interference effecting the cars basic systems. Might even need to unhook the air bag controller and any other doodads. I'd also do a hard reboot. Pull the battery leads and hard charge it overnight, no trickle B/S. Try to fire it off in it's natural state and see if the symptoms change.

I've seen processors get so confused that they wouldn't run the engine before. Dang confusing.

Sean W (05-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member

wondering if the drip is just carboned condensation from sitting. Mine dripped like that one early spring but once the cats got hot, it went away.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:33 PM

It ran so well the day before the thief took the key. So its been sitting two weeks and now it went to crap. Heres a youtube video of it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uais...ature=youtu.be

Running on is a sign of electrical gremlins. How long has it been doing it? If post stereo install I'd power from all of it suspecting electrical noise / interference effecting the cars basic systems. Might even need to unhook the air bag controller and any other doodads. I'd also do a hard reboot. Pull the battery leads and hard charge it overnight, no trickle B/S. Try to fire it off in it's natural state and see if the symptoms change.

I've seen processors get so confused that they wouldn't run the engine before. Dang confusing.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:34 PM

Yeah the more research ive done Im thinking its just moisture/soot coming out of the exhaust...

wondering if the drip is just carboned condensation from sitting. Mine dripped like that one early spring but once the cats got hot, it went away.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:38 PM
Veteran Member

Sabotage? Pissed in your gas tank or a gallon of water?

That much moisture in the exhaust screams your fuel system is compromised. You should be able to drain some out of the Schrader valve and let it set up in a glass for 1/2 hour and see if the water separates from the fuel.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:02 PM

Where can I find this Schrader valve? Maybe I should just drain all the gas out first and put new gas in. Its 5 month old gas (1/4 tank) and I thought maybe that was it and put 5 gallons of new gas in this morning before this video.

Sabotage? Pissed in your gas tank or a gallon of water?

That much moisture in the exhaust screams your fuel system is compromised. You should be able to drain some out of the Schrader valve and let it set up in a glass for 1/2 hour and see if the water separates from the fuel.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

I agree it looks like condensation on start up. I get that sometimes coming out of a few of the joints on the exhaust system near the clamps. Doesn't look unusual.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:29 PM

A friend asked me if the engine is diredct injected and if so dont mess with any fuel lines because they have super high pressure. He also said for some reason he is thinking antifreeze in the crankcase.... another friend of mine said he thinks it looks like oil on top of my pistons. So many different scenarios based on just the video and my description.. Ill check the oil tonight, check the codes if there is any. It is strange the coolant leak fixed itself, unless it hasnt ran enough to go through the engine to get back to the leak.. idk.. But so far it hasnt leaked a drop from the engine since I filled the coolant tank.

Quick Reply: A new stance for my Jag XK60 edition.