XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Options for listening to Pandora/Rhapsody?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Options for listening to Pandora/Rhapsody?

I have an iPhone 4 an have been able to use the iPod feature just fine but I cannot get My Rhapsody app to connect to my XKR even when using a USB cable.

Has anyone had any luck getting apps besides the iPod app to work with the Jag's audio system or do I need to call my stereo guy? I've already decided to install the radar/laser detector with laser jammer and the same guy does stereo work too.

Thanks!
Sandy

Old 08-29-2011, 12:59 AM

Am I the only one who listens to streaming music?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm interested to hear if anyone has had luck with streaming Pandora as well.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Although I have not tried it myself I have heard of people using the RCA jacks, buying the RCA to headphone adapter (Radioshack) and plugging into their phone that way.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by avincent
Although I have not tried it myself I have heard of people using the RCA jacks, buying the RCA to headphone adapter (Radioshack) and plugging into their phone that way.
I don't see how that would work in the Jaguar since you only have two options - an iPod connector and a USB connector.

The following users liked this post:
bigdhenderson (04-20-2014)
Old 08-31-2011, 08:45 AM

Take a look at the Audio Connectivity Module (ACM) it adds RCA jacks, a USB port and IPOD connector. That is what I have ordered from Jag and having installed in my car. If I am not mistaken that is what most others have as well. part number is C2P16491.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

avincent do you add this to your XK

Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 PM

Have not had time to take it in yet but I have ordered it through my local dealer... I'll post pics when i actually get it done.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I am having mine installed By my Jaguar Dealer "Cherry Hill Classic Cars" on the 7th

Old 08-31-2011, 05:59 PM

Have not had time to take it in yet but I have ordered it through my local dealer... I'll post pics when i actually get it done.
Please do - I'd love to see the pics.

Here's the thing...mine already has an ipod integration kit w/USB and ipod connector so I suppose the only thing I'd gain would be the RCA connector but then I'd have to get an adapter for that to a mini-jack and even then I'm not sure that the Jaguar system will recognize the streaming audio. I asked when I was at the dealership today but with the other items we were discussing, it got left in the shuffle.

I'll be sure to report back if I learn anything new!!

Sandy

Old 08-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Dan
Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the RCA jacks and use Pandora all the time on my droid.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:07 PM

Just wanted to provide an update on this topic. I had a component added to my XKR that is a hard-wired FM modulator (see pic) that allows me to play anything from a device that will accept a mini-jack.

My car audio guy tried splitting off the iPod cable to provide another audio input source but they were not able to get past the programming on the stereo system. It kept looking for MP3s to play.

They finally opted for the FM-mod install but my understanding is that it wasn't an easy install. Apparently they had to pull the back seat to get to the cabling but I now have the ability to play any audio through 87.5 FM. The sound quality is very acceptable and i think it the only option with the 2011 XK series. I spoke to the dealer and he said that Jaguar offers a mini-jack on the XF and the XJ but not the XK for my year. Crazy!

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the results. As you can see from the picture they were able to get the input and switch installed directly next to the iPod cable so it appears to be a factory install.

Sandy

Attached Thumbnails Options for listening to Pandora/Rhapsody?-img_1887.jpg  
Old 11-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue that I'm trying to work out. Unfortunately my XKR did not come with the RCA jacks. Has anyone gotten it to work without that?

Does anyone know who the manufacturer is of this ACM? Is it the Dension Gateway 500?

Old 11-04-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by edessey
I have the same issue that I'm trying to work out. Unfortunately my XKR did not come with the RCA jacks. Has anyone gotten it to work without that?

Does anyone know who the manufacturer is of this ACM? Is it the Dension Gateway 500?
I'm not sure. I can definitely check with my shop to find out what they finally ended up installing. i know that they tried several options before finally settling on the FM modulator that is installed now. Again - because it's a hard-wired install, the sound quality is very acceptable.

I'll post back when I find out more info.

thanks!
Sandy

Old 01-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Got Pandora in mine

I use Pandora via my Droid3 smartphone by bluetooth into the head unit, a Alpine iDX305s coupled to an Alpine bluetooth adapter.

I loved Pandora's layout and selection, until one day the steering wheel button that let me skip a song ceased to work. I use the stock steering wheel controls with an adapter I got from someone in the UK that connects it directly to the Alpine head unit. However the skip button, which was originally some other function for the stock Jaguar radio, was no longer doing anything. I could see the red light flash on the unit when I hit the skip button but nothing wouls happen. That feature was one of the most useful out there - I can only hope that a "solution" that I downloaded for the phone application didn't turn into a drone and that there may be some way to reverse this trend. If not, I may have to give Spotify a try since I heard good things.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Is there a USB to RCA in-line converter made by anyone?

Old 01-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Is there a USB to RCA in-line converter made by anyone?
I don't think so, at least not for what you want to use it for. USB is digital, RCA is analog. So the only converters I've seen are used for moving analog audio & video into digital format, but I think that process involves software and a PC - not something you can just use for in-car converting. Someone more knowledgeable might be able to correct me here but that's what I estimate.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, Apple products like iPhones and iPads will only send the music from the "iPod" section through the USB or their Large flat connector. All other streamed music comes out only through the headphone jack to RCA or other adapters.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about for 2010- models?

Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by ronev
Yes, Apple products like iPhones and iPads will only send the music from the "iPod" section through the USB or their Large flat connector. All other streamed music comes out only through the headphone jack to RCA or other adapters.
Hey everyone!! I have an exciting update for all iPhone users!!

My husband thought he would give his iphone another try streaming audio in my car using Rhapsody and this time - it worked!!

I think that the latest iOS update must have made some changes to the way that the iPhone streams audio because now, even though my iTunes music plays first when I plug in the iPhone connector, as soon as I hit "play" from within Rhapsody, the music streams through the Jaguar speakers.

It's almost like having a new stereo! The sound quality (as expected) is amazing and much better than my previous work-around using an FM modulator.

Anyway, we just discovered this update last week and I kept forgetting to post about it here. Good luck for all with newly updated iPhones!!

Sandy

The following users liked this post:
ronev (03-10-2012)

Quick Reply: Options for listening to Pandora/Rhapsody?