XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Replaced Injector Bank Question.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 09:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replaced Injector Bank Question.......

Looking for any knowledge and experience on clogged, fouled and replaced injector banks, either one side or both sides. Due to pick up our new 2010 XKR from the Jag Dealer next Friday. Only 15,000 miles and well maintained. In reviewing the repair & warranty orders on the car I noticed the right bank injectors only were replaced under warranty last fall at about 13500 miles. My questions; why are the injectors fouling? has this been a warranty issue with this model? is it normal to replace only the one side or should both sides be replaced? The dealer is selling the car with the 2 year extended certified pre-owned warranty, but I am not sure at this stage if it covers the injector bank.

There was another 2010 XKR I was considering also a low mileage with only 17,000 miles, again well maintained but reviewing the service order history I noticed both injector banks had been replaced under warranty. Even though it was a warranty issue, the price tag was about $5400 - Ouch if you had to pay for that yourself. Before replacing them the dealer had performed 2 separate high pressure cleanings of the injector banks before conceding to replace them.

So my obvious concern is before I take delivery of the XKR next Friday is to have a better understanding of the why the injector bank had to be replaced and why only the right side and should I inquire or push the dealer to change the left bank as well under warranty albeit it is 2 weeks plus outside of warranty but they are putting the 2 year CPO warranty on it. Thanks for any assistance on this.

Terry