Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Satellite Radio Not Acquiring 2007 XK Vert

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Banned
Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Satellite Radio Not Acquiring 2007 XK Vert

Radio works fine in FM, AM and CD. But on SAT, it just continually indicates it's acquiring. On SAT while it's doing this all buttons are grayed out. Suspected the antenna might have become disconnected at the trunk lid. Opened that and all looks fine. For good measure I disconnected it and reconnected with no change. Subscription is paid up. About 6 weeks ago the tube for the condensation from the AC clogged and water overflowed onto the floor. My mechanic opened it up and cleared the tube, rerouted it and installed a larger tube so it won't happen again. But, obviously he was fooling around in the glove box/radio area. Perhaps he partially dislodged the antenna line connection to the radio and it later worked loose (this problem showed up about 2 weeks ago) but I don't know a way to easily check that. Anybody know how I might check the antenna connection at the radio easily or have any ideas about what's causing the problem?

Old 08-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Banned
Default Update on Post

Since the posting, satellite radio has failed to operate on at least 30 separate tries but 3 separate times it has operated for no discernable reason. In each case while driving, I try it and it's working and works just fine for the remainder of the trip. I then park and turn off the engine. In one case, I immediately turned it back on and it was still working. Otherwise, I go about doing what I traveled for. In two cases, I went into the gym and came out 1.5 hours later and again it wasn't working, Nothing unusual happened while I was gone - no unusual weather, no major temperature change, no rain, etc. Tomorrow, I take it in for a 60,000 mile maintenance and my mechanic will be checking the computer and possibly disconnecting the battery and whatever else he can think of that might correct the problem.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Banned
Default Update After 60000 Mile Maintenance

Yesterday, my mechanic claimed he found computer errors and flashed part of the computer and claimed SAT worked. I went around this morning and checked SAT and it wasn't working. Somewhat later he called and said he checked computer again and it was again showing errors. He's suggested it's time to let the dealer have a try. While my mechanic is pretty good and loaded with equipment, I'm not confident in his ability when it comes to unusual issues. It'll be one to 2 months before I can get it to the dealer. We'll see.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Meng,
FYI... I am having a similar issue with my Sat radio on my 2007 XK. The issue started for me early in this past weekend and has only come back on once. I have already contacted Sirius to confirm that the account/service is not having issues. The good news is that I am still under warrantee and am scheduled to get in to the dealer on Wed of this week.

I'll post back once I have more information.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Banned

Glad you posted because I forgot to post the rest of the story. The problem is that there was a short in the SAT module which is apparently located in the trunk area. The dealer cost to replace it approaches $900. Looks like the unit itself online costs less than $100. I don't know if there's any car programming that goes along with replacing it. But, you have to get reinitialized by Sirius/XM because the new unit will have a new ID. The dealer did the work but delivered to me not having been reinitalized. I tried at least 7 times in 4 phone calls to Sirius/XM over 4 hours to get it working and I couldn't. I then returned it to the dealer who kept it for 2 days and they too made a number of attempts. Eventually, the initialization happened and things started working. They had no explanation except to say that other customers had been reporting similar problems with initializing signals from the satellite. I got it back on 8/25/11 working and it's been fine since.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:53 AM

Meng,
Good to know. I dropped my XK off this morning. The Sat radio came back on briefly Monday AM but then went back the trying to acquire a signal. The good news is that I am still under warranty. I'll post back with what they find.

Thanks

Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 PM

Well after a bit of a snafu on the scheduling of bringing the XK in I had to bring it back on Monday (9/19). Today I received a call from the dealer that the Sirius satellite receiver was causing the problems and is being replaced. ETA on getting the car back is Wed afternoon. The part is expected Wed AM. The good news is that they put me in the brand new XF while they have my XK.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, I never thought that buying a pre-SAT 07 XK would be a blessing, but I guess it is! I had an XM Commander installed where the (useless) upholder was located. I did have to call XM recently to resend an activation signal but they had messed up my account somehow so it was a problem on their side. The sat receiver sits in the right front corner of my dashboard and is barely noticeable. Sorry you guys are dealing with a possible module replacement issue. Anytime I hear "module" the hair stands up on the back of my neck...

Old 09-30-2011, 05:46 AM

Sorry for the delay in the follow-up... The issue has seemingly been resolved as of yesterday afternoon. In the end & after everything I went through, the issue was on Sirius' side.

This is the e-mail I sent to Sirius after blasting them publicly on their FaceBook page. The outsourced Sirius support reps are absolutely horrible. I was only able to get the issue resolved by speaking with a rep in their corporate customer relations dept.

Begin Letter:
Let me attempt to keep this short (may not be possible) since I am extremely tired of repeating myself and getting nowhere fast...

My Sirius factory radio has been intermittently going in and out for the last several weeks. It would sit at the Acquiring Signal screen for a couple of days and some times would start working. I called Sirius to make sure there were no issues with the account. They confirmed that everything looked fine on their side regarding the account. Next I scheduled with my local Jag dealer to have the car in for diagnostics and/or repair. The dealer took it in on 9/19. They overnighted and replaced multiple components even replacing some components twice in case they were possibly DOA. The sat radio would still not acquire a signal. I have a full page of diagnostic notes from both the Jag dealer as well as Jag Tech (the car manufacturer tech line) spelling out all of the tests and equipment which was replaced. Ping tests were run in conjunction with Sirius which were successful and the radio was working for about 5-10 minutes after which it went back to the acquiring signal screen again. Sirius at this point told the dealer to let me know that a Sat radio tech from Sirius would contact me in 5-6 days to activate the radio. On 9/23 in the early evening, I was updated that Sirius was taking over the issue and that they (the Jag dealer) had completed all of the work that they could at that point. The dealer profusely apologized for the situation and inconvenience.

I called on Friday evening (9/23) in an effort to obtain more information since the dealer did not have much else that they could tell me. I went round and round with the Sirius rep who evidently did not have a complete grasp of the English language. I would ask questions and the rep's response would be "OK". He clearly had no idea what I was saying to him. I provided the rep the ticket number given to the dealer by Sirius (#1510822). I had to restart the whole trouble resolution process as if nothing had been done or documented previously. He had me re-run through the activation process once again without any success. I would estimate that I was on the phone with the rep for at least 30 wasted minutes if not more. After no resolution again... the rep was emphatic that I would receive an escalation call on the following day. This was a point that I challenged the rep on since it would be Saturday in the US. Again, he reaffirmed that I would definitely receive a follow-up call.

Saturday = No Call
Sunday = No Call
Monday = No Call
Tuesday = No Call
Wednesday = No Call

Wednesday at about 1:00 PM Eastern, I attempted to reach a Sirius rep. At this point I demanded to be transferred to a US rep which I was told was not possible. I was also informed that I could try to call back again but there would be no guarantee that I would get to a US rep. I then demanded a supervisor which I never received. As an already irate customer, the female rep insisted on trying to work through the issue just as everyone else had. After spending about another 30 minutes going round and round with the rep and how there were no notes in my account and the steps that had already been taken, she identified that she was looking at my XM account & not my Sirius account. As a side note, I was explicit to her indicating that this call was pertaining to my Sirius account. From there she reviewed the account and indicated that she was transferring me to a supervisor. Upon the transfer my call was dropped.

I immediately called back, had to re-explain the entire situation again to a new rep who wanted to trouble shoot the same exact stuff again. This rep finally reviewed the ticket and indicated that I now needed to replace the radio head unit. Since my car is under factory warrantee, the dealer could have done that if it were the problem or it had not been acknowledged by the Sirius tech that the problem lied on their side (Sirius). At this point I thanked the rep for his time and politely let him know that this had gotten me nowhere.

Next I posted on the Sirius FB wall and had received a number (posted to my rant by another customer) to get in touch with Sirius. This phone call was not much better, but I was told that I would receive a call from a supervisor. At this point I am not holding my breath.

If you wish to reach me, call my cell phone (904.xxx.xxxx).

Irate does not even begin to describe how angry I am right now.

Last edited by Chiapet; 09-30-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I had the same problem. It was a broken antenna wire because of opening and closing the trunk... A new antenna wire between the middle trunk antenna and if you open the door on the right inside of the trunk you'll see a dark yellow connector on the right of the opening. The other end of the antenna cable goes into the bottom connector. the top is what comes from the trunk lid antenna.... Let you dealer know this... I ended up having to cut off both connectors a few inches from the end and soldering in a new coax cable between them. My dealer was not able to find the cable as a separate part..... The ends of the connector are both smb females do you need a cable that has smb males at both ends.... A stereo shop like best buy might have these.... I bet this is your problem... Mine sometimes worked for weeks then would stop... You can reach up in the top of the opening on the right side of the trunk and wiggle the wire and I could get mine to come on and off....... Good luck.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XK 2007 Satellite radio signal problem

Im having the same issue with my 2007 xk, does anyone have a schematic of troubleshooting procedure or even some pictures of antenna wires in trunk so I can try an figure this out.
Thanks
-T

Old 11-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Default Same problem with my 2007 Xk

Same problem with my 2007 Xk
I took it to the dealer and they told me that I need a new module and it cost $1000. Someone said in a post above its $100 online. Does anyone have a link or know where I can purchase a cheaper one somehwere.
The dealere still has to program it once I get the part but Im not going to pay $1000 for this part.
-T

Old 11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Sirius customer service has to be one of the worst.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:11 AM

My antenna mast broke off on my 07 Jaguar XK convertible! Was told I have to purchase the entire assembly! Is this true? Is that why I can't get satellite?

Old 05-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,286 Posts

If its just the mast that broke, you can get a replacement for less than $20, there is another recent thread about that. The mast is not for satellite radio, that antenna is in that wart on your trunk lid.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Ditto, plus you need to pay for SiriusXM. I was able to do a welcome back special, first two months free with no hook up costs. Just google Sirius rebates and see what comes up. Put your VIN in and the satellite will talk to the car. I did need to send a reconnect signal when I had the battery unhooked though.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XM corporate resolution number: XM resolution center. Cape Breton Island 855-238-9256

going thru Sirius XM is a PIA. This is the corporate resolution phone number. You'll get a North American senior person.............Cape Breton, Canada. They'll actually call back and solve an XM problem.

XM resolution center. Cape Breton Island 855-238-9256 Option 4

Hope this helps. Getting this number is the product of agony waiting on hold.

Last edited by jjackerson; 12-03-2018 at 11:42 AM. Reason: left out part of info