XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Senta 20" Alloy Wheel Refurb Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 01:39 PM
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Senta 20" Alloy Wheel Refurb Options

It's been almost 4 years since I posted the following as I was considering changing the Senta 20" wheels on my 2007 Jaguar XKR to Cremonas.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-xk-xkr-91909/

In the end I didn't do anything and stuck with the original Senta wheels, which after nearly 120K miles are in need of refurbishment and hopefully I plan to do this in the spring, once the weather starts to improve.

I've been surfing the web for ideas of what can be done with Sentas and seen some chrome covered ones - a little too bling for my liking and some gloss black ones, which I don't think would look as good on my dark grey car.

I confess, I like the idea of having the spokes and rims diamond cut, with the rest powder coated, maybe in a colour to match the bodywork. This way the spokes would stand out and be extra shiny. I'm thinking of having the brake calipers powder coated red.

I'm not sure if it would actually be possible to diamond cut the Senta wheels as the spokes tend to be round edged, not "flat" and "square" like a lot of modern wheels.

Does anyone have any pictures of refurbished Sentas they could post to give some examples of what is possible?

Old 12-27-2016, 02:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

There are several companies across the USA that specialize in refurbishing automotive wheels. Complete a search on Google. Many issues like "road rash" along the edges are a basic fix.

I am sure you can find several and call them to ask opinions on what you want to achieve.

Costs to refurbish are much lower in price than buying a replacement set of OEM jaguar wheels.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,893 Likes on 1,284 Posts

This fall I had three sets of wheels refinished, and am very pleased with the results.
1. a set of Sentas I picked up on eBay for my XK, they were stripped down and powder and clear coated to the OEM color (which is what I wanted) $150 per wheel, which included removing and reinstalling those studs.
2. a set of OEM wheels for my wife's Integra, again stripped down, edges were then machined, spokes powder coated in two colors, and then clear coated the whole wheel, $150 per wheel.
3. a set of OEM wheels from my Lexus, which were peeling badly, stripped and powder/clear coated back to factory color, $125 per wheel.

For anyone in the area, it was done at Crown Custom & Coatings in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.

The following users liked this post:
LoudHogRider (12-28-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,893 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Originally Posted by kj07xk
For anyone in the area, it was done at Crown Custom & Coatings in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
My bad, their name and location is:
Crown Customs & Coatings, LLC
Arlington Heights, Illinois.

My Sentas were bare wheels, while the Integra and Lexus wheels had tires on them, which they removed to do the finishing, reinstalled and then balanced.
They charge by wheel size, so the Sentas cost more (for the work done) as they are 20", while the others were all 15".