XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Side window calibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Received 44 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Side window calibration

Does anyone know how to recalibrate the front windows in the XKR Conv? My passenger side window has about a centimetre protruding above the door when it's supposed to be fully down. The driver's side window sits well below the door and out of sight. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

that is useally a window regulator either bad, but useally out of adjustment. but you can try the resets. drop the window down then press and hold the switch down 5 sec. then raise it up, release and hold the up switch again 5 seconds

Old 07-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I keep loosing this feature and have to repeatedly re-index the windows on my 08 XK vert.

Anyone have a clue what the problem might be? I'd like some knowledge of how this car works etc before driving 90 miles round trip to my dealer and taking half a day off a work to have it looked at.

Tom

Old 10-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts
Default Can't keep it up?

I recently had the same problem on the passenger side of my 2009 cvt. No matter how many times I tried to reset the window per the Owner's Manual, it would never stay in the up position; it would always automatically reverse and go down - but not all the way down. This would occur either when lowering/raising the top or when using the switch on the door. Very annoying.

I found that the only way to keep that window up was to stop the upward travel before it reached the top, then tap the switch up several times until the window stayed closed.

My dealer explained that, as a safety feature, the windows are designed to automatically reverse if they sense an obstruction. The technician found that one of the tracks was out of alignment, which caused the window to bind (like there was an obstruction) and automatically reverse. Repaired under warranty and working fine now.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
I recently had the same problem on the passenger side of my 2009 cvt. No matter how many times I tried to reset the window per the Owner's Manual, it would never stay in the up position; it would always automatically reverse and go down - but not all the way down. This would occur either when lowering/raising the top or when using the switch on the door. Very annoying.

I found that the only way to keep that window up was to stop the upward travel before it reached the top, then tap the switch up several times until the window stayed closed.

My dealer explained that, as a safety feature, the windows are designed to automatically reverse if they sense an obstruction. The technician found that one of the tracks was out of alignment, which caused the window to bind (like there was an obstruction) and automatically reverse. Repaired under warranty and working fine now.
The exact same thing happened to my 08 XK vert yesterday, I followed the instructions in the Owner's Manual to re-program the windows and all seems well. But they are designed to retract if they sense an obstruction, so a sticky or mis-aligned track probably by the door mirrors since the vert doesn't really have any other tracks to ride in is probably the cause.

Tom

Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

My passenger side window doesn't fully close - it stops short about 1/4" (luckily, just enough to meet the weather stripping for a decent water seal...). I'm guessing it's that window calibration issue. I'm going to try that 5-second procedure and see if it works.