XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Someone help! Anybody in Texas & have SDD software/cable

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2023, 12:50 AM
Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Changed battery, passenger door doesn’t lock. Jaguar SDD software/cable needed 🙏

Hello gang

Replaced battery today. After I noticed passenger door isn’t locking when I press exterior door button or key fob on my 2013 Xkr (two beeps follow after I attempt to lock) passenger door does lock from inside & this has never been issue before. I researched on jaguarsforum -ran across this thread ⬇️post #10 -

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/central-locking-not-working-after-battery-re-connect-192543/

In the post, they claim they fix issues with door not locking after battery replacement by using SDD software & notifying car battery been replaced.

Has anybody heard of this? Is this necessary to do after battery replacement??

more so; is there anybody in Texas area that has the software/cable & which is willing to meet up (I’ll drive to u) and assist me with this current issue I have?? More then willing to compensate
for the assistance.

If anybody has recommendations or reset procedure methods that I don’t know about please let me know.

thanks in advance
​​​​​​-Dag

Last edited by dag82; 03-11-2023 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-11-2023, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,179 Likes on 3,103 Posts

While doing a 'Battery Replacement BMS Reset' is a thing, it by no means is necessary. Your car will learn the new charge parameters in a very short time.

AND... If you are now having weird electrical problems after a battery replacement. Your New Battery Is NOT fully charged. New batteries are NEVER fully charged. They get manufactured. Sit in the factory. Get shipped. Sit in a wholesaler's warehouse. Get shipped again. Sit in a retail warehouse. Get shipped again. Sit in a store's back room. Get eventually sold, sometimes covered with dust.

Charge your battery fully before you worry about anything else. Sitting voltage should be 12.6 VDC or slightly higher. Engine not running, and hadn't been running for several hours.
A Battery Maintainer is NOT a charger. Neither are the dreaded 'Trickle Chargers' that you should AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

These cars are supremely finicky about battery voltage. The battery should always be a First Check.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
arenaej (03-11-2023), ralphwg (03-11-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 06:43 AM
Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
While doing a 'Battery Replacement BMS Reset' is a thing, it by no means is necessary. Your car will learn the new charge parameters in a very short time.

AND... If you are now having weird electrical problems after a battery replacement. Your New Battery Is NOT fully charged. New batteries are NEVER fully charged. They get manufactured. Sit in the factory. Get shipped. Sit in a wholesaler's warehouse. Get shipped again. Sit in a retail warehouse. Get shipped again. Sit in a store's back room. Get eventually sold, sometimes covered with dust.

Charge your battery fully before you worry about anything else. Sitting voltage should be 12.6 VDC or slightly higher. Engine not running, and hadn't been running for several hours.
A Battery Maintainer is NOT a charger. Neither are the dreaded 'Trickle Chargers' that you should AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

These cars are supremely finicky about battery voltage. The battery should always be a First Check.
Whats wrong with a trickle charger? I have them on 5 cars all the time including XK, no problem

OP you shouldn't need SDD for this, but if you do you can get them on ebay for cheap, I got one there and it definitely paid for itself

Old 03-17-2023, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 480 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertonesx24
Whats wrong with a trickle charger? I have them on 5 cars all the time including XK, no problem

OP you shouldn't need SDD for this, but if you do you can get them on ebay for cheap, I got one there and it definitely paid for itself
I think he’s meaning to say don’t use a trickle charger to keep your battery at the stable voltage while using the SDD software. The trickle charger just won’t have enough output when the car starts doing its various functions that it does during its module programming, trickle chargers are OK as maintainers, but they don’t have anywhere near that capacity to keep your battery at a stable voltage when you’re trying to program your modules

That being said, I just recently replaced the battery on my hellcat. I went out and I bought a AGM battery off the shelf from O’Reillys took it home and immediately put a voltmeter to it and I was shocked. It actually read 12.89 V which for all practical purposes is a fully charged battery but like CJ said, I put it on my smart charger for a couple hours just to make sure that it’s utmost best before putting it in the car. But that’s the first time I’ve ever really done that normally, I just throw them in the car and go. However, if you have ever replaced a battery on a four wheeler, you’ll find the instructions actually tell you specifically to put the battery on the charger prior to installing it And those batteries typically I purchased dry and you put the acid in them as you get them home so I don’t know where I’m going with this it’s just that it’s not that the battery was filled with the acid solution at the factory and sat on the shelf for a while . You’re actually putting the acid in after you purchase the battery which starts the chemical reaction which produces the battery voltage. And even though it’s a fresh battery after you get it home, the manufacturer still tells you to charge it fully before installing it so it is good advice .

Old 03-17-2023, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,179 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertonesx24

I think you are confusing Battery Maintainers with Trickle Chargers.
Maintainers regulate charge rates to match battery requirements. Trickle Chargers trickle a charge until the end of time. Those burn up batteries by overcharging them.
Using SDD, you need a lot of amps. I have a Schumacher 2-10-40-200 charger set to 40 when I use SDD and it usually indicates around 26 draw-amps while in-use.

Old 03-17-2023, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Well now I'm curious. @dag82 did you resolve this? If so how?