XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Strange little (electrical) problem...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 560 Likes on 314 Posts
Default Strange little (electrical) problem...

After a memory reflash (at the dealer), I now only have one trip odometer ("B"). No longer have an "A" trip odometer. Given that I rarely use trip odometers at all, it's no big deal, and not worth it to me to bring the car back in.
Has anyone heard of or experienced this? Is there some wonky Jaguar "tap your head while you press the start button nine times" kind of fix? Or something obvious that I'm missing?
If not, I'm just gonna leave it.
Thanks--

Last edited by pk4144; 11-05-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by pk4144
After a memory reflash (at the dealer), I now only have one trip odometer ("B"). No longer have an "A" trip odometer. Given that I rarely use trip odometers at all, it's no big deal, and not worth it to me to bring the car back in.
Has anyone heard of or experienced this? Is there some wonky Jaguar "tap your head while you press the start button nine times" kind of fix? Or something obvious that I'm missing?
If not, I'm just gonna leave it.
Thanks--
I'll bow to those that have experienced this, but the "computer tech" side of my brain, thinks you got a bad re-flash, or version.

Not something to take lightly if your paying for it out of pocket. A bad re-flash can result in many problems that you have yet to discover.
(Although more often it results in a "bricked ECU.)

Because you mention the firmware flash to existing hardware. Find out exactly what they flashed (which module) , and to what version of firmware. If it is new, you may need to roll back a version until the bugs are worked out. If its old, then hold their hand to the fire and get it updated.

Forgive please. I'm certain you knew all this, but the IT guy in me just needed to speak up.
You have found a flaw in the firmware, which is never a good sign. get back to the dealer while it's covered.

Peace,
Vince

The following 2 users liked this post by CleverName:
pk4144 (11-06-2016), Sean W (11-06-2016)
Old 11-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Yep, the IT guy in me says the same thing as Clevername. Basic regression testing 101. What worked before should still work after a software update.

Yes there is the possibility that you have to do something stupid like dance around your vehicle three times counterclockwise, get in the car, set your fog lights on, lift you left cheek and fart three times all within 16 seconds, but hey, we're not resetting a key bob here are we?

I'd bring it back.