XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Suedecloth Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suedecloth Interior?

The F-Type Forum is too new on this subject and thought I should ask you guys.

I'm new to Jaguar. I've always been a 911 guy, but I'm thinking of going with a Jaguar F-Type S Coupe this time around.

I love the look of the optional Suedecloth Interior Pack. It reminds me of my 997 GT3 interior which was Alcantara and Leather.

Does anyone have this option in their XK or XKR?

Do you like it? Is it easy to clean? Does it wear like Alcantara?

Sorry for all the questions, my Jag dealer doesn't seem to know very much about this option. He kept saying it's the same as Porsche's Alcantara, but I don't think that's correct.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

I have the Alcantara wheel that I added after I bought the car and love it. Its pretty easy to clean with a microfiber cloth and water, although I use a Nubock protector on it and wipe it off daily when I get home.

I'd love to have it on the seats and would treat it the same way, and as far as I can tell its the same quality or close to what is in a Porsche. I say close because I have not sat in a P car of the current model year with Alcantara seats

Old 08-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Is it real suede or artificial?

Old 08-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Alcantara is a brand name for a high quality artificial suede cloth, one of dozens on the market. Some, like the original artificial suede, Ultrasuede, are continuous filament, others like Passion Suede are woven. In the home decor industry for 40+ years, I have used many different ones, thousands of times, and all good quality products will wear reasonably well and are all washable with soap and water. With extended use all suedes, both real and artificial, will matte down a bit but can be brushed back to life. Eventually, most artificial suede will have some "pilling," as your butt slides back and forth a few million times. The one thing I would have some concern about would be spilling coffee or drinks. While typically there is some kind of protective finish like Scotchguard, direct from the factory, with time and rubbing and spot cleaning, its effectiveness will diminish. But every surface has its own problems, leather cracks and scratches with time, so I would not be concerned about wearability, it will serve you well, and the insert can always be replaced relatively inexpensively.