XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Super Charger Pulley fitted.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Charger Pulley fitted.

A big thank you to "All Jaguar" in Longwood(Orlando) who today changed my Super Charger pulley for the Paramount Performance upgraded one. Although I was the first one they did, PP gave them very precise instructions and it all worked out fine.

Its a 4 hour job in caseyou are thinking of having it done. They charge $78 an hour. The pick up on the car is better, it seems to get on song quicker now. I have not had a chance to give it some stick yet. Im glad I had it done, but I have to be honest and tell you its not for the faint heartedas to get the old pulley off, it has to be cut with the grinder.I do have some pics and video clips which Ican post tomorrow.Just the ECU to be remapped now and that's about all that can be done.

Tried to insert pics and Video from phot bucket, but it wont let me do it???

Old 03-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts
Default RE: Super Charger Pulley fitted.

How many more horses did you supposedly pick up by doing this particular mod? And total cost for parts n labor? = $ ____ per Hp lol

Old 03-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats Phil! Vids and Pics once available would be great to see. After ECU upgrade you should Dyno to confirm the Power Gains.You might also look into the PP air induction kit as I hear they are in testing right now. Keep us posted!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Received 94 Likes on 48 Posts

Its best to have before & after dyno results to prove the HP advantage for a particular mod. Sometimes its a placebo effect. People think "i spent $$, thereforei must have more HP"....Usually aftermarket companies will state "15 hp gain" from a simple air filter or other bolt on. But in reality these mods are only worth 1 or 2 hp &the gain isusually at the upper RPM range that most of us rarely explore.Keep in mind thatthese mods may sacrifice driveability & MPG. Not to mention the factory warranty.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

You mean my "Type-R" and "GReddy" stickers won't gain any horsepower?

Old 03-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

The ECU will definitly void warranty. At the dealer we will know immediatley upon hooking up to IDS that it has been modified. Also, are they changing components in it or are they just reprogramming it? If programming, the first time dealer reflashes it, it will be back to normal again.

Hope it works out for you though. Also, if you get a belt squeel and we try to put a belt on it under warranty......no warranty there either, probably not on the supercharger either as technically could say that the excess stress from pulley caused premature failure.
Hopefully though, this will not be an issue for you.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:49 PM

What a difference in Techs in the US compared to the UK. All doom and gloom here. No sense of humor. If it goes wrong, it will be fixed, under warranty or not under warranty...I don’t care either way. Dyno's are like rocking horse **** around here so it was not possible to test it before mods, I think it’s safe to assume I can use the factory ratings as the "Before: figures.

I have just been in Naples for a few days(200 MILES FROM ORLANDO) The car drives perfectly, getting the same gas mileage, but now if I have it in sport mode and give it some stick on a green light, the back end breaks away and it accelerates likea thing possessed.
People will be modding these like crazy in a few years, just like the older model. I just did it first.

One negative thing to report. While in Naples, I took it in for its first service (2500 miles) they lent me a 08 Bentley convertible to try out while it was being worked on. Amazing car. They tried very hard to sell me one but only offered me 70k for it against the Bentley. I paid $109k for it a few months ago and it’s got hardly any miles on it.......that’s some drop. I don’t think I would buy a brand new one again and would wait a year and get a nice used one....

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech

The ECU will definitly void warranty. At the dealer we will know immediatley upon hooking up to IDS that it has been modified. Also, are they changing components in it or are they just reprogramming it? If programming, the first time dealer reflashes it, it will be back to normal again.

Hope it works out for you though. Also, if you get a belt squeel and we try to put a belt on it under warranty......no warranty there either, probably not on the supercharger either as technically could say that the excess stress from pulley caused premature failure.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:16 AM

that's one of the main reasons I'm having a hard time with buying one. They don't seem to hold their value at all! My brother told me to get a Porsche 911 4s Cabrio which he can get me new in the mid 90's and it will hold its value better than most cars on the road. Then again, the Jag is just plain sex on 4 wheels! I've always had bad luck with used cars. I know they take the main hit on depreciation but I always feel I'm buying someone else's problems. Last used car I had was 1986 and by 1988 the transmission needed to be replaced due to fluid leaks, the electrical system was haywire and the front hood faded (turns out it was in a bad accident but no junk title and the sellers didn't tell the dealership when they traded and dealerships don't care that much!)

Old 04-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

sweet lets see some pics and videos.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: fulmitz

...My brother told me to get a Porsche 911 4s Cabrio which he can get me new in the mid 90's and it will hold its value better than most cars on the road...
Good luck with that one as well... Porsche has made sooo many of them that they are no longer holding their value at all... Even the 911 TT are droping like bricks, and those have the engines that trace back to the race cars... not like the regular 911s that have disposable engines...

A car is an expense. And in the range that we discuss here... more of a toy. Buy what moves your senses the most and enjoy it. Forget about the rest...

Old 04-02-2008, 03:39 PM

Whachuko,

True. I do love the look of the Jag. I'm also concerned about the Tata take over and how that will affect the car, pricing and quality. Now I think it's not compatible with my cell phone. I have a t-mobile Shadow.

By the way, I'm over the 911. If I don't get the Jag I've decided on the Nissan GT-R. Blows the doors off almost anything on the road. I love the exterior. not so crazy about the interior but the performance is phenomenal. A true TOY!

Fulmitz

Old 04-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Florida Phil,

Nice to hear you're pleased with your Jaguar. I don't think FactoryJagTech was projecting pessimism towards your modifications. He was attempting to do you, and other readers contemplating similar updates, a favor. Most of his precise information isintended toassist owners who do not have yourunlimited wealth: itreads likeyou are beyond help, so happy tuning.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:01 PM

Indeed I meant no disrespect Phil. I am glad you are happy with what you have done.
I lease my cars and therefore do not modify, but with the finances I would love to have, I would be modifying like crazy.
I hope it stays running well for you! If you need any other advice of course we will be happy to assist.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:54 PM

I certainly dont have unlimited wealth. Im in Real Estate....not much money in that right now. Even inmy post I mention that the SC upgrade is not for the faint hearted. Their just seems to be a few negative overtures posted regulary from Techs who truth be told would love to be modding Jags but are stuckthe normalityof main dealers or from people here who dont even own the late model XK or XKR. Personally, I will always do what I want to my cars, I have never worried about factory warranties etc...I certainly dont need anyones help.I have had approx25 Jaguars in the past 30 years.

Thanks...

ORIGINAL: JagtechOhio

Florida Phil,

Nice to hear you're pleased with your Jaguar. I don't think FactoryJagTech was projecting pessimism towards your modifications. He was attempting to do you, and other readers contemplating similar updates, a favor. Most of his precise information isintended toassist owners who do not have yourunlimited wealth: itreads likeyou are beyond help, so happy tuning.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Duly noted sir,

I doubt that I personally am capable of providing you any assistance, and honor your request to allay any such contemplation. Best wishes with your Jaguar.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:18 PM

Ok then. Always glad to see peoples true colors come out. To say you will not need anyones help because you have owned 25 jags in 30 years is frankly rediculous.
Good luck and I am sure the techs will no longer offer any assistance to you per your remark.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech

Does this car use a Eaton M112 supercharger by chance?

Old 04-03-2008, 08:14 PM

Your started it with your contrasending coments.....That was your true colors.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:07 PM

Just the ECU to be remapped now and that's about all that can be done.
Like I was saying in that other thread. See if you can get someone to save your Paramount dyno tune (or whoever you end up using) in one of those little hand held tuners (SCT of Florida make a really good one). This way if Jaguar "re-flashes" back to stock you can have the re-mapped program quickly swapped back in.

If this works let us know. I am contemplating using a SCT tuner myself but haven't actually checked to see if it is feasible.

P.S. How much smaller is the paramount pulley compared to the stock one? Also does anyone know how big the crank pulley is on these Jaguar AJ-V8s? (Ford modular V-8 usually uses a 7.5" pulley for example)

Old 04-04-2008, 12:42 AM

I just saw some dyno videos on Youtube featuring dyno runs with 2007-2008 Paramount Performance XKRs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SEUy...eature=related

It looks like they are getting 480-500 rwhp. That is pretty impressive considering the stock engine is rated for 420 hp (on an engine stand). Figure in a 17% driveline loss and I would imagine that the stock 420 hp is the equivalent of 350 rwhp.

I am wondering what mods they did to get this increase. With Mustangs most of the gains seem to be purely in the Supercharger/intake/tuning.

Quick Reply: Super Charger Pulley fitted.