XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Super Charger Pulley fitted.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: Super Charger Pulley fitted.

Ok. Condasending because I said something about voiding your warranty? I was warning others.
Most people appreciate help and advice but once in a while there is one like you who feels untouchable and superior to all others. Your type is beyond assistance.
I bid you farewell.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

I was so excited about this thread, thinking about a video and maybe some dyno sheets...then it got really cold. If I had glasses, I'm sure they'd be fogged up. Phil, how's about some power numbers mate....get the XK to a dyno. Truth be told, I too wish I could care less about my warranty, but we don't all have such priviledges. Best of luck to you and a nice 0-60 run vid would be nice.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Florida Phil

What a difference in Techs in the US compared to the UK. All doom and gloom here. No sense of humor. If it goes wrong, it will be fixed, under warranty or not under warranty...I don’t care either way. Dyno's are like rocking horse **** around here so it was not possible to test it before mods, I think it’s safe to assume I can use the factory ratings as the "Before: figures.

I have just been in Naples for a few days(200 MILES FROM ORLANDO) The car drives perfectly, getting the same gas mileage, but now if I have it in sport mode and give it some stick on a green light, the back end breaks away and it accelerates likea thing possessed.
People will be modding these like crazy in a few years, just like the older model. I just did it first.

One negative thing to report. While in Naples, I took it in for its first service (2500 miles) they lent me a 08 Bentley convertible to try out while it was being worked on. Amazing car. They tried very hard to sell me one but only offered me 70k for it against the Bentley. I paid $109k for it a few months ago and it’s got hardly any miles on it.......that’s some drop. I don’t think I would buy a brand new one again and would wait a year and get a nice used one....

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech

The ECU will definitly void warranty. At the dealer we will know immediatley upon hooking up to IDS that it has been modified. Also, are they changing components in it or are they just reprogramming it? If programming, the first time dealer reflashes it, it will be back to normal again.

Hope it works out for you though. Also, if you get a belt squeel and we try to put a belt on it under warranty......no warranty there either, probably not on the supercharger either as technically could say that the excess stress from pulley caused premature failure.
Hopefully though, this will not be an issue for you.
I have allways liked Phil, and this is just one more reason. Good job Phill keep it up!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not so much what you say, its the way you say it. Of course I would be gutted if the engine went pop, but Im not going to lose sleep over it or never do anything becuase of a warranty. Luckily, the owner of the dealership where the car was purchased from is English and is well versed in modding not only jags but Porsches as well.They are even considering opening a seperate shop for that purpose and I have put them in touch with Paramount. Lets all get along and accept that people will always have different opinions and different styles.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

If the way I talk bothers you, I apologize. Remember I am just a mechanic.
I hope nothing bad happens to your vehicle was only point I was making. I am glad you are enjoying it.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

Awwwwwww. You guys are so cool. Nothing like hugging and making up. LMAO! Glad the hostility has died here as well.