Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

super low XKR-S vert ..... dang

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 323 Posts
Default super low XKR-S vert ..... dang

I have not check the dealer or this car (seems to have 21miles)....
I am just going to leave this here .....

2013 Jaguar XK for Sale - Hornburg for just $99k

Last edited by Schwabe; 02-18-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

Hornburg Santa Monica is where I got both of my xk verts. They are fairly reliable as dealers go. Ande they will make a deal to sell a car. The head sales guy the last I knew was named Dan Kayser.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

This 2013 Jaguar XKR-S was orginally listed at: $129,880

Then reduced to: $128,875

Then reduced to: $109,870

Now reduced to: $ 99,890

XKR-S has always been at the Hornburg Jaguar dealership in Santa Monica, since arrival.

Looks like it is just not moving. Appears nothing wrong, except declining sales price to move the vehicle.

It just shows the quick depreciation on these automobiles.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

A "used" XKR-S with 21 miles?!?! It must have been titled/registered. Wonder what happened.

Mike

Old 02-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mjsammon
A "used" XKR-S with 21 miles?!?! It must have been titled/registered. Wonder what happened.

Mike
Mike:

This XKR-S is new, appears never titled as it has been at Hornburg Jaguar since delivery and entering the USA.

Appears that it just never sold.

21 miles signifies that it would be new.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
Red face gonna get hung for this

Cars like the xkrs or the GT only will sell if three things happen. 1. The person looking at it actually wants this specific car. 2. The buyer has the money to do the deal. 3. The car is aesthetically appealing. Number 3 is the problem point. Few younger guys will buy it compared to buying a porsche cause of the looks and lines. No girl and I mean no girl will buy it cause it is ugly and borders on vulgar. There, I said it!. My 2013 xkr ragtop is a sexy erotic machine. If I didnt have my fiance, I would park it in the bedroom!! It exudes looks, cachet, haute couture, and has that feel that every car girl wants. If the grill and the front of the xkrs were redesigned maybe it would grab a girls attention. Call it catfish mouth, moustache face or what have you it just dosnt look rite. The xkr is like the guy every girl wants to have a relationship with. THe xkrs or GT is like the guy a drunk girl picks up in the bar and doesnt realize how ugly he is. Thats why the prices go so low on them

The following users liked this post:
Jffcurt (02-23-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal Babe
Cars like the xkrs or the GT only will sell if three things happen. 1. The person looking at it actually wants this specific car. 2. The buyer has the money to do the deal. 3. The car is aesthetically appealing. Number 3 is the problem point. Few younger guys will buy it compared to buying a porsche cause of the looks and lines. No girl and I mean no girl will buy it cause it is ugly and borders on vulgar. There, I said it!. My 2013 xkr ragtop is a sexy erotic machine. If I didnt have my fiance, I would park it in the bedroom!! It exudes looks, cachet, haute couture, and has that feel that every car girl wants. If the grill and the front of the xkrs were redesigned maybe it would grab a girls attention. Call it catfish mouth, moustache face or what have you it just dosnt look rite. The xkr is like the guy every girl wants to have a relationship with. THe xkrs or GT is like the guy a drunk girl picks up in the bar and doesnt realize how ugly he is. Thats why the prices go so low on them
Too funny but couldn't disagree more. The front end of the XKR-S is a work of art. I will concede the rear wing takes some getting used to but is by no stretch of the imagination ugly.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member

The xkr is like the guy every girl wants to have a relationship with.
I am glad I own an XKR, especially from a real woman's perspective.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:01 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

If it's really "used" as it's being advertised, that also means that the warranty clock has already started.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 AM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default TOPIx details for this car

TOPIx details for this car

Perhaps one of the more senior members could advise if my posting this info is contravening any rules of the forum?

Attached Thumbnails super low XKR-S vert ..... dang-topix.jpg  

Last edited by BillyD; 02-21-2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Would like to be sure of not breaking forum rules.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Veteran Member

you're not very skilled in using public forums ... not only did you make fun of a person's car but called them a douchebag at the same time ...why would anyone help you again when you post another question after you pissed all over their cars ... I already refrained from chiming in on your posts after your snite remarks to my tongue in cheek comment about your pulley in the frying pan ... I saw you step on other members toes ... you sure know how to make friends on a public forum ...

Maybe you are just too young and hung up on appearance, my wife is very happy and lucky to be married to me with no wish left unanswered ... she happens to drive my cars more than I do and enjoys them too. Sometimes it is the loud ones who are left 'til last call ... you know the ones who turn their XK into a hooligan without any muffler left ...

Last edited by Schwabe; 02-21-2014 at 07:20 AM.
amcdonal86 (02-22-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 07:53 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

You certainly beat your own drum. That's not a bad thing either. I completely understand what you're saying. I wasn't in love with the XKR-S looks either, at first. However, now I like everything about the car. Yes, the XKR is more conservative and the XKR-S and XKR-S GT are more over the top. Over the top is not bad either! Or, as Jaguar says, "it's good to be bad"! I like all of the XK models for what they are and enjoy reading about different options and mods members are doing to make their XK their own. As long as you enjoy your car and you are happy, no one can fault you for making it your own. Life is too short... Again, as Jaguar says, "it's good to be alive". Beat your own drum, be alive, be bad, be yourself, and live your own life. Jaguar has an XK for all of us, villain or not.

Last edited by DGL; 02-21-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Well, women still baffle me, but one thing seems clear...the XKE was always considered a phallic symbol, and I think we can now put to rest the debate as to whether the XKR or F-Type is it's real spiritual successor on the road, and in the bedroom. I predict a world-wide spike in XKR sales!

And I'm glad I took my wife with me to approve my recent purchase...gotta keep my lady happy

Last edited by Bruce H.; 02-21-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

I opened this thread expecting to find a slammed XKR-S riding 1" above the pavement. Glad that's not what it was!

Ngarara (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by Schwabe
you're not very skilled in using public forums ... not only did you make fun of a person's car but called them a douchebag at the same time ...why would anyone help you again when you post another question after you pissed all over their cars ... I already refrained from chiming in on your posts after your snite remarks to my tongue in cheek comment about your pulley in the frying pan ... I saw you step on other members toes ... you sure know how to make friends on a public forum ...

Maybe you are just too young and hung up on appearance, my wife is very happy and lucky to be married to me with no wish left unanswered ... she happens to drive my cars more than I do and enjoys them too. Sometimes it is the loud ones who are left 'til last call ... you know the ones who turn their XK into a hooligan without any muffler left ...
I never called any guys a douchebag, you did. You could never make it as a woman, too sensitive. Guys make the rules in this world. Guys dont like when a girl treads into the guys territory, especially a girl that can work on cars and accomplished the expected task. as to your reference of me squatting and pissing on any guys car, I dont remember ever doing that. I work in a guys environment and can more than hold my own. I acknowledge that I expected to get a negative reaction about the post only cause I deal in reality. Look at the reality of the sales of the xkrs and GT. They definitely arent up there with the Miata or the porsche boxster. And look at the xkrs in questin here. It is white. If you read the demographics, mostly women buy white cars. Whether the car is a firebird or camaro or trans am or a miata or a boxster. Several guys made fun of a guy on this forum for buying a white MB, cuase they viewed it as a chick car. As for being a hooligan , I take that as a compliment. You are rite. I dont have mufflers on my xkr. There are motorcycle baffles in each pipe. that gives me the sound I want and back pressure now. Other than being a hooligan, several members of this forum kmow that I belong to the "Rich Bitches Club" and I am proud of that. I am not of United States. I came here from Nowy Targ Poland at the age of 17, speaking no English. I dealt with American guys saying things, I didnt understand, but I knew were rude. Some Guys like you took great offence, when i socked a few in the eye or mouth. My feelings werent hurt that they were offended after I knocked them on their ***, but theirs were. My boyfriend enrolled me in MMA classes inorder to deal with guys, who thought they were "special". I didnt come on this forum to make enemies. And I told the adminsstrator that I would try to play nice with the guys. But, Jaguar is going to have to change their marketing strategy if they want to sell cars to girls like me. 2 of my girfriends own xkr ragtops now and they love them!!! Jaguar needs to cater to my crowd rather than only a select few. I think part of your attitude comes from your knowledge that my gfs and me were in Vegas tearing up a red xkrs as a program car. We wouldnt have tore it up so much if we didnt get the ok from the rep. I am trying to track down the rep and vin number on that red xkrs to verify where it ws shipped to and sold before I make any more comments on "trashing " it. Many forum memebrs were upset we tore that car up, but what are program cars for? As for the super-low xkr price in this article, there arent any girls I know that want to buy it cause it is white.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the R-S bodykit either - that down-turned frontal style looks 'grumpy', a criticism I also have for the GT-R. But it isn't Edsel-ugly; I just prefer the standard XKR Sport Pack look. However, it's the trade-off for the extra performance.

I'm fortunate that my car has most of that performance without compromising the look, and without modding it. But if mine got wrecked, I'd probably have to go for an R-S as the nearest replacement; I might consider an XKR with the Dynamic Pack and performance exhaust, but I'd still be shy a few horses and about 12 MPH.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member

I never called any guys a douchebag, you did. You could never make it as a woman, too sensitive. Guys make the rules in this world. Guys dont like when a girl treads into the guys territory, especially a girl that can work on cars and accomplished the expected task. as to your reference of me squatting and pissing on any guys car, I dont remember ever doing that. I work in a guys environment and can more than hold my own. I acknowledge that I expected to get a negative reaction about the post only cause I deal in reality. Look at the reality of the sales of the xkrs and GT. They definitely arent up there with the Miata or the porsche boxster. And look at the xkrs in questin here. It is white. If you read the demographics, mostly women buy white cars. Whether the car is a firebird or camaro or trans am or a miata or a boxster. Several guys made fun of a guy on this forum for buying a white MB, cuase they viewed it as a chick car. As for being a hooligan , I take that as a compliment. You are rite. I dont have mufflers on my xkr. There are motorcycle baffles in each pipe. that gives me the sound I want and back pressure now. Other than being a hooligan, several members of this forum kmow that I belong to the "Rich Bitches Club" and I am proud of that. I am not of United States. I came here from Nowy Targ Poland at the age of 17, speaking no English. I dealt with American guys saying things, I didnt understand, but I knew were rude. Some Guys like you took great offence, when i socked a few in the eye or mouth. My feelings werent hurt that they were offended after I knocked them on their ***, but theirs were. My boyfriend enrolled me in MMA classes inorder to deal with guys, who thought they were "special". I didnt come on this forum to make enemies. And I told the adminsstrator that I would try to play nice with the guys. But, Jaguar is going to have to change their marketing strategy if they want to sell cars to girls like me. 2 of my girfriends own xkr ragtops now and they love them!!! Jaguar needs to cater to my crowd rather than only a select few. I think part of your attitude comes from your knowledge that my gfs and me were in Vegas tearing up a red xkrs as a program car. We wouldnt have tore it up so much if we didnt get the ok from the rep. I am trying to track down the rep and vin number on that red xkrs to verify where it ws shipped to and sold before I make any more comments on "trashing " it. Many forum memebrs were upset we tore that car up, but what are program cars for? As for the super-low xkr price in this article, there arent any girls I know that want to buy it cause it is white.

I don't know what issues you have to work out but this is not the view.

Your post makes no sense, nobody asked you for your life story. Stop hiding behind your origins, you are not the only one who migrated to the US.

Yes you called the XKR-S vulgar and you compared it to ugly guys left in the bar, ie douchebags.

The only person sensitive on this forum is you, you are instantly defensive and attack people. You ARE the one who came on this thread, dished out and who cannot take any criticism. You instantly have to remind people that you are a girl as if we have to be especially understanding or give you some sort of leeway.

Your answer is neurotic and emotional and had nothing to do with YOU dissing someone's car and comparing the owner to a left over in a bar.

I do not know how this computes in your brain but you cannot, no matter how many disjointed words you use, turn this around as if anybody attacked you rather then reacted to your adolescent post.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I would like to know how many girls on their own walk into jaguar dealership and buy an XK of any model? These car are marketed for Guys and I bet the designers didn't sit around asking each other what women think of this design.

Your boyfriend enrolled you in MMA classes because some guys think their special?????

SoCal Babe (02-22-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Schwabe
I don't know what issues you have to work out but this is not the view.

Your post makes no sense, nobody asked you for your life story. Stop hiding behind your origins, you are not the only one who migrated to the US.

Yes you called the XKR-S vulgar and you compared it to ugly guys left in the bar, ie douchebags.

The only person sensitive on this forum is you, you are instantly defensive and attack people. You ARE the one who came on this thread, dished out and who cannot take any criticism. You instantly have to remind people that you are a girl as if we have to be especially understanding or give you some sort of leeway.

Your answer is neurotic and emotional and had nothing to do with YOU dissing someone's car and comparing the owner to a left over in a bar.

I do not know how this computes in your brain but you cannot, no matter how many disjointed words you use, turn this around as if anybody attacked you rather then reacted to your adolescent post.
Regarding the issue of the white xkrs not selling and the price going way down needs some analysis. 1. No one wants the car. If it was so in demand it would have sold at list or higher. 2. Marketing at Jaguar isnt directed toward women. Why do white boxsters sell so much better than jaguars? No guy bought this car cause of perceived notions that only girls drive white sports cars. As evidenced by this forum where several comments were made by membersof a guys white mercedes. 3. Perception of Jag owners is that of people over 50. Another forum asked what the ages of jag owners were only for a member to validate that he wasnt old. 4. Jaguar needs to wise up and market their vehicles to women under 40. This age group has a tremendous amount of disposable money that is spent on "adventures". A Jag is an adventure. 5. When I drive down the road whether I pass a woman in a CTS or a Mercedes, and she looks across at me, I know that the car I am driving is hotter than hers and she knows it too!! 6. Jag Corporate needs to get some smarts and realize they could sellmore cars if they ditch the perception that old guys buy their vehicles. They are finallly doing that with their marketing of the F-type

Last edited by SoCal Babe; 02-21-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:27 AM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

White is the new black. Many sports cars, such as Porsche, actually demand a premium for white over other colors (especially 911 turbo). Look at the new gt3- the launch edition is white and I've been told a majority of the gt3's being ordered are white.
My first choice for the xkrs, which I bought new when it first came out, was white. I really like the way the carbon fiber pieces, dark rims, and black trim stand out on a white RS. I have a friend that has a white gallardo and it looks great and there are plenty of white 458's where I live.
As far as the Xkrs not selling is due to it being a niche car. It is not inexpensive and at that amount of money there are a lot of choices. Most people go with a safer pick such as Porsche 911 or Mercedes. Unless you are a true car enthusiast- you probably don't even know about the RS or RS GT.
I've been looking at some of these used RS 's and the less expensive ones have a very questionable history if you look at the carfax- one was stolen and recovered 2 wks later, the next had 4 new tires at 2k mi, etc

Quick Reply: super low XKR-S vert ..... dang