XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

three leds in back of car are flashing along with front leds :battery is dead but led

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default three leds in back of car are flashing along with front leds :battery is dead but led

xk-2012 jag battery is being charged with a trickel charger but the three leds on both back sides are flashing .....they do this intermitently Bill

Old 09-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts

Well Fordtrucks, over 200 views and no ones stepped up to advise you this is the 1996 to 2006 XKR/XK8 forum.

Perhaps a mod will come along and move this to the correct forum.

Good luck!

Old 09-21-2017, 07:02 AM
Received 4,182 Likes on 3,645 Posts

fordtrucks - I've moved your post to the appropriate forum section - XK/XKR (X150) forum where you will receive support.

As this is your first post, please stop by the New Member section and post an intro. In return, you will receive a warm welcome as well as useful tips for navigating the forums
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...-intro-must-5/

enjoy

Old 09-21-2017, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 545 Likes on 364 Posts

Hey welcome to the forum!

These cars don't take well to low voltage....all kinds of gremlins! If lights are flashing, MIL faults are showing up on the instrument panel, wipers operate with the switch off, etc, don't sweat it. There are plenty of threads here that detail what is going on but, in a nut shell, you'll be looking at battery replacement for a dead one.

Before exchange though, have it load tested to make sure it is gone. A more important point is to use a "battery tender" rather than a trickle charger if you are not driving it consistantly. Again, the threads detail some specific brands but as long as it is a quality tender rather than trickle charger you'd be ok.

I keep mine hooked up when not driven for more than 4 days and have seen no troubles as a result.

I hope that sheds some light on the point that low battery voltage is not your friend on an XK and will cause what you described.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

What he ^^^ said; trickle chargers kill batteries if left on for too long, which isn't long at all. You need to ditch the trickle and get a Battery Maintainer/Tender instead. Also do that Check Your Battery thing, and maybe replace it.
Your post really wasn't that informative..... which lights? The ones on your trickle charger? Does the car start? Does it have any power at all? Does the Touchscreen work properly? WHICH model/year car do you have?

Old 09-21-2017, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,133 Likes on 1,307 Posts

The flashing of the lights is perfectly typical of a completely finished battery on these cars - I have seen it myself on an XK (X150) convertible....the instant remedy was to fit a new battery. And the advice to get and *use* a proper battery maintainer (such as the CTEK) is possibly the best advice you will get concerning this car. If you use the battery maintainer consistently when the car is not in use, you will eliminate electronic malfunctions. My 07 XK has been on the CTEK maintainer always when not actually being driven. The result: zero problems of any kind.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:29 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Same Issues

Had the exact same problem two weeks ago...replaced the battery and connected my CTEK, Car runs great with no errors on the dashboard ever since..

Al ..