XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TPMS Fault

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TPMS Fault

'07 XK with 24k, was driving down the highway and got a "TPMS Fault". Had new wheels and sensors installed in January and haven't had any trouble since then. I know there is more to the system than just the sensors, however my dealer is an hour and a half away. Worth waiting to see if the light goes out or should I take it in right away? Tire pressures are normal. If only I had an IDS at home...

Old 05-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

I'd try clearing it one time and see if it comes back. Most auto parts stores will read/clear your codes for free.

If it comes back then you most likely have a real problem.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:54 PM

Tried that, no codes found. It has to be hooked up to a Jaguar diagnostic system to identify which part of the system has faulted. Just don't want to drive 3 hours round trip to have it diagnosed.

Last edited by pwrful4; 05-27-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Would you know what to do?

Originally Posted by pwrful4
'07 XK with 24k, was driving down the highway and got a "TPMS Fault". Had new wheels and sensors installed in January and haven't had any trouble since then. I know there is more to the system than just the sensors, however my dealer is an hour and a half away. Worth waiting to see if the light goes out or should I take it in right away? Tire pressures are normal. If only I had an IDS at home...

Old 05-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Pull the fuse F2 5A Tan Tire pressure monitoring system for one minute. (Rear seat compartment fuse box). This should reset the TPMS module. Owners manual will help for fuse location. This worked for me. Let me know if this helps you?

The following users liked this post:
kj07xk (09-14-2016)
Old 06-01-2011, 07:55 AM

Surprisingly the light went out by itself, thank god. The car is under warranty, but my dealer is a 3 hour round trip drive. The manual says it could have been caused by interference. The only thing I can think of it that I was using cruise control, my iphone, and a gold coin in the back seat close to the TPMS module and receiver. Thanks for the help!

Old 06-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Received 2,185 Likes on 1,356 Posts

I WOULD SAY THE LIGHT WILL RETURN. REASON, YOU HAVE A 07 AND UP XK. EVERYTIME I GET THIS FAULT I GO STRAIGHT TO THE POINT BEHIND THE FRONT BUMPER COVER WHERE IT MEETS THE METAL BUMPER BEHIND IT AND CHECK TO SEE IF THE HARNESS HAS COME LOOSE FROM THE COVER FOR THE TPMS. ITS TAPED TO THE BUMPER COVER AT THE FACTORY WITH MASKING TAPE???? THIS AS WE ALL KNOW SUCKS FOR LONG TERM HOLDING AND THE HARNESS DROPS DOWN TO GET RUBBED AND A SHORT TO GROUND. IF IT MOVES AWAY THE WARNING GOES OUT, BUT WILL RETURN. ITS EASY TO CHECK BY TURNING THE WHEELS TO THE LEFT. UNBOLT THE TORX BOLTS TO PULL BACK THE RIGHT FRONT WHEEL ARCH LINER AND LOOK UP INTO THAT AREA TO CHECK IF THE HARNESS HAS FALLEN BETWEEN THE METAL BUMPER AND BUMPER COVER. IF THIS IS THE CASE IT SHOULD BE REPAIRED(REWRAPPED) AND i USE 2 GOOD BANDS OF DUCT TAPE TO HOLD THE HARNESS TO THE BUMPER COVER. THERE IS NO ATTACHEMENT POINT IN THIS AREA. YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE COVER TO PROPERLY DO THIS AND I ALSO TAPE THE METAL BUMPER TOO FOR ADDITIONAL PROTECTION

The following 2 users liked this post by Brutal:
georgekale (06-02-2011), kj07xk (09-14-2016)
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 PM

Brutal, is the short problem you describe above located above the tire (12 o'clock position) or in front of the tire (3 o'clock)l? I had this error and had a look in the front as I had read your post a while ago. I didn't see any problem wires there. Now that I reread your post, maybe I didn't look in the right place? I have a 2007 XK. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by tcharron; 07-03-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:09 PM

I found more info on my 2007 XK. The TPMS module is located in the rear seat area (behind the breaker box there) and the receiver is located under the centre console. Not sure what car had the module in the right front wheel arch, but that doesn't seem to be my problem and I'm still having TPMS FAULT...

Old 07-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 86 Posts

I'm having the same problem. Intermittent TPMS System Fault. Had it in to Jaguar for an oil change and they want to do an "exploration" of the problem for $125 per hour. There must be a better solution than that. Brutal, which side is the harness on?

Old 08-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcharron
I found more info on my 2007 XK. The TPMS module is located in the rear seat area (behind the breaker box there) and the receiver is located under the centre console. Not sure what car had the module in the right front wheel arch, but that doesn't seem to be my problem and I'm still having TPMS FAULT...
i am now having this problem. how do you access the box behind the back seat?

Old 08-09-2012, 05:19 AM
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Go to your owners manual and look in the FUSE section. It has a description of how to access the rear seat area fuse box. You pull out the cover b/t the two rear seats in a sharp manner. Like grab both side of it and give a sharp yank. Then lift that section up and out and that reveals the fuse box.

The owners manual is downloadable on this site. The manual for YOUR car. I just looked at it yesterday on this site. Forturnatley I have a copy that came with my car.

I have this tire monitoring system fault myself. It seems intermittant on my car. All pressures on my car are within a nats *** of what the sticker in the left door jam calls for.

I pulled that monitor fuse yesterday and it results in a large caution triangle on the display that stays there until the fuse is reinstalled. This fuse out, fuse back in was and is not a 'fix' on my car. I think it's a monitor problem or wiring b/t the monitor and transmiter problem. I wish I could just flat turn the thing off and leave it off without the display showing anything related to it.

Maybe tomorrow I'll pull the elect plug off the monitor and check the pins out and reinstall the plug to see if that helps.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:31 AM

HANDBOOK DOWNLOADS is the first thread on this site I believe. The attached jpg shows the area in the rear seat where the fuse box your interested in is located.

Attached Thumbnails TPMS Fault-fuse-box.jpg  
Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Hailers
Go to your owners manual and look in the FUSE section. It has a description of how to access the rear seat area fuse box. You pull out the cover b/t the two rear seats in a sharp manner. Like grab both side of it and give a sharp yank. Then lift that section up and out and that reveals the fuse box.

The owners manual is downloadable on this site. The manual for YOUR car. I just looked at it yesterday on this site. Forturnatley I have a copy that came with my car.

I have this tire monitoring system fault myself. It seems intermittant on my car. All pressures on my car are within a nats *** of what the sticker in the left door jam calls for.

I pulled that monitor fuse yesterday and it results in a large caution triangle on the display that stays there until the fuse is reinstalled. This fuse out, fuse back in was and is not a 'fix' on my car. I think it's a monitor problem or wiring b/t the monitor and transmiter problem. I wish I could just flat turn the thing off and leave it off without the display showing anything related to it.

Maybe tomorrow I'll pull the elect plug off the monitor and check the pins out and reinstall the plug to see if that helps.
yeah i dont have the manual but that helps, thanks

Old 08-10-2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by JK_XKR
i am now having this problem. how do you access the box behind the back seat?
Out of curiousity, do you have Jaguar TPMS monitors in your wheels, or third party ones? (My dealer tried to tell me that my third party monitors were the problem)

Old 08-10-2012, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by tcharron
Out of curiousity, do you have Jaguar TPMS monitors in your wheels, or third party ones? (My dealer tried to tell me that my third party monitors were the problem)
i believe they are the stock ones. the warning went away now. it seems to come and go as it pleases

Old 08-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Tpms

Originally Posted by JK_XKR
i believe they are the stock ones. the warning went away now. it seems to come and go as it pleases
Check that the sensor(s) have not come loose. They are in front of the wheel under the fender cover with a pretty flimsy connector. You'll have to unscrew several screws and pull the fender cover back to see it.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:22 PM

I've a similar problem on my 2007 XK. The problem comes and goes several times during a drive.

The shop manual shows the pressure sensors in the wheels........two antenna, one in the left front wheel well and one in the left rear wheel well.........the monitor located behind the rear seat backrest.........and a reciever located under the console. Just some FYI for you.

The two jpgs represent the front and rear antenna on the left side of the car in the front and rear wheel wells........after you remove the access panels.

Attached Thumbnails TPMS Fault-antenna.jpg   TPMS Fault-antenna-two.jpg  
Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2007 Rick
Check that the sensor(s) have not come loose. They are in front of the wheel under the fender cover with a pretty flimsy connector. You'll have to unscrew several screws and pull the fender cover back to see it.
I'll give that a shot. I had checked the front left (per Brutal's earlier post in this thread), but had been looking for the module and when I didn't find it started looking elsewhere. That tpms receiver was ok. Maybe one of my other 3 receivers has a wiring problem.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:53 AM

Attached Thumbnails TPMS Fault-tpms-two.jpg   TPMS Fault-tpms-one.jpg   TPMS Fault-tpms-three.jpg  

Last edited by Hailers; 08-14-2012 at 12:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hailers:
amcdonal86 (08-14-2012), kj07xk (09-14-2016)

Quick Reply: TPMS Fault