Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trac DSC

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts
Default Trac DSC

Anybody else notice TREMENDOUS improved performance even when not on a track with Trac DSC? I started to feel like the car was losing power especially coming out of a redlight. With TracDSC feels like the power is full on all the time and with Michelin Pilot 4S's on I get NO wheel spin even when hitting it. Anyone else tried trac DSC on daily drives?

Old 08-29-2017, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,607 Posts

I am getting the M4s next week will let you know
With my current michelins the rear steps out with the slightest bit of throttle and track DSC.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:34 PM
Received 189 Likes on 88 Posts

I found this on another Jag Forum site ...

I just got back from Jaguar Performance Driving Academy and we played with DSC settings all day long. Here is the scoop:

1. Normal setting … no slippage

2. DSC Trac … activated with a simple push of DSC button, allows slippage but is still on in the background, it will dampen acceleration and braking if you start to lose it.

3. Lastly, and be careful with this one, if you press DSC button and hold for at least 10 seconds, it completely disables any traction control. You can burn your tires off the rims with this setting. We did sets of ten smoking figure eights and it was awesome!

The following 3 users liked this post by Snide72:
JackJohn (08-30-2017), JagRag (08-31-2017), shemp (08-29-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 09:29 AM
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
I am getting the M4s next week will let you know
With my current michelins the rear steps out with the slightest bit of throttle and track DSC.
Please do let us know. I have the same Michelins as you currently, and I've not been overly impressed. They're OK, but not offering significantly more traction when pulling away than some other tyres I've used. For the price premium, I was expecting more tbh.

The following users liked this post:
Queen and Country (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:20 AM
Received 141 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by RobB
Please do let us know. I have the same Michelins as you currently, and I've not been overly impressed. They're OK, but not offering significantly more traction when pulling away than some other tyres I've used. For the price premium, I was expecting more tbh.

The Michelin's need warm temperatures to perform as intended, just like any other summer tire. The worst tire by far for cold temperature drop off are the PZero's that came on the car. Wait till the air temps get higher and I think you will be impressed. If not, you can always try the Pilot sport cup tires.

The following users liked this post:
JagRag (08-31-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 03:36 AM
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Mufc
The Michelin's need warm temperatures to perform as intended, just like any other summer tire. The worst tire by far for cold temperature drop off are the PZero's that came on the car. Wait till the air temps get higher and I think you will be impressed. If not, you can always try the Pilot sport cup tires.
Interesting point. I've run them when when it's a little over 107 in the shade.
How much warmer does it need to be?

Old 09-01-2017, 06:40 AM
Received 141 Likes on 95 Posts

Try them in New Zealand on paved roads..

Last edited by Mufc; 09-01-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 09-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar52
Anybody else notice TREMENDOUS improved performance even when not on a track with Trac DSC? I started to feel like the car was losing power especially coming out of a redlight. With TracDSC feels like the power is full on all the time and with Michelin Pilot 4S's on I get NO wheel spin even when hitting it. Anyone else tried trac DSC on daily drives?
Woah-ho !
Just been driving all weekend with Trac-DSC on, and what a difference.
The car sure doesn't feel any less sure footed, but it is most certainly more sparky and responsive, gear changes feel more nimble, and starts from a standstill are out of this world.

Life with Trac-DSC is here to stay !

Last edited by Geoff C; 09-03-2017 at 01:50 PM.