Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

turbo for XKR-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default turbo for XKR-S

Hey Guys.
New to the forum. I just bought an XKR-S and am looking to tune this thing up.
Can you put a turbo on one of these? how can i get more power?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Received 447 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by tdavis501
Hey Guys.
New to the forum. I just bought an XKR-S and am looking to tune this thing up.
Can you put a turbo on one of these? how can i get more power?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Oh my...............!

I really don't know what to say about this. You want a turbo and a supercharger? Wow.
Vector

Last edited by Vector; 12-12-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vector
Oh my...............!

I really don't know what to say about this. You want a turbo and a supercharger? Wow.
Vector

Took the words out of my mouth.

that being said, there is not exactly a huge aftermarket for the XKR-S. and i have never heard of one with a turbo. it would not make much sence to replace the SC with turbo, and it also would run your compression way to high for street fuel runing them in series.

good luck on your quest. you might be better suited with changing out pulleys and getting it tuned.

The following users liked this post:
tdavis501 (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by SPiDi
Took the words out of my mouth.

that being said, there is not exactly a huge aftermarket for the XKR-S. and i have never heard of one with a turbo. it would not make much sence to replace the SC with turbo, and it also would run your compression way to high for street fuel runing them in series.

good luck on your quest. you might be better suited with changing out pulleys and getting it tuned.
How do I go about getting a pulley kit? Can the dealership put it on for me if i find one?

Old 12-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

How do I go about getting a pulley kit? Can the dealership put it on for me if i find one?
When I had my Porsche 911 turbo, I replaced the turbo with a supercharger.. Kidding. Did you know the Xkr-s has a supercharger?
If you are serious, I would drive the car some and go to R academy driving school. The Xkr-s has more power/ torque already than the rear tires can handle.
Interestingly, I test drove a 2013 MB sl 63 Amg yesterday (it had the power package - 557 hp), because a friend of mine is looking to buy one. My friend and I both agree that my car is faster after driving them back to back.

If you still want more power, there are a couple of companies that having tuning packages for the RS- pulley/tune for around 610 crank hp. You can do forum search and find them. If u can't, let me know.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Octurbo
Did you know the Xkr-s has a supercharger?
I really want to hear your honest answer to this question.

And also tell mw why you are underwhelmed by the 500+ HP of your new car. Do you fly jets or something? lol! Have you really put your foot down on it yet? Turn off the traction control, stomp it and then tell me if you really want "more power."
Vector

Last edited by Vector; 12-13-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Turbo? Fuggedaboutid. I've got what you need right here...

Attached Thumbnails turbo for XKR-S-nos.jpg  
Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you will find what you are lookign for in this link
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...73/#post468591

your dealer could do it for you. however, i would use a shop that specializes in it. particullary a shop that has a dyno so you could see before and after results.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Rather than looking for more power, I'd be looking for weight reduction! Remove the rear seats and all the interior trim!

Old 12-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo351
Turbo? Fuggedaboutid. I've got what you need right here...

Old 12-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm sure it's possible as I remember reading about a Ford GT having supercharger with twin turbos a few years back. That being said not sure how these 4.2L and 5.0L Ford source engine's bottom end will hold up without forged internals.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

theres a VW Golf that was made with a supercharger and a turbo

but something smells fishy about this thread

Old 12-13-2012, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the input.
And yes, i have driven it. The third week i had it i took it to the racetrack to open it up (glad i goPro'd it). Dont get me wrong, it is impressive but not enough power (at least for me). I have driven fast cars all my life and want this thing to be EXTREMELY FAST! I will def put the pulley kit on it. But would like to do more.
Didn't think about NOS!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:24 PM

And yes, i have driven it. The third week i had it i took it to the racetrack to open it up (glad i goPro'd it).
Great! Glad you got some video at the race track!

Can you post the video? That would be awesome.
Vector

Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks for the input.
And yes, i have driven it. The third week i had it i took it to the racetrack to open it up (glad i goPro'd it). Dont get me wrong, it is impressive but not enough power (at least for me). I have driven fast cars all my life and want this thing to be EXTREMELY FAST! I will def put the pulley kit on it. But would like to do more.
Didn't think about NOS!
All I can say is .... WOW!

It's got a 550hp blown motor already ..... and it ain't fast enough ....

I was wondering if it is indeed the need for speed - have you ever thought of getting maybe a pre-owned Gallardo Superleggera, or a Scud? I mean, if you're looking for something really really fast .....

But I guess whatever floats your boat. Let us know if you decide to perform any mods though. I would be extremely interested to see how much more you can wring out from it.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Default GoPro

Video!!!!

Old 12-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,166 Likes on 1,610 Posts

So is it time to start the blown motor thread yet?

... as in "XKR-S motor blown".

Old 12-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Dont get me wrong, it is impressive but not enough power (at least for me). I have driven fast cars all my life and want this thing to be EXTREMELY FAST! I will def put the pulley kit on it. But would like to do more.
Didn't think about NOS!
The Jaguar community doesn't have tuners making big power like those doing Corvettes, Vipers (ie, Hennessey), and Gallardos, Subies, Evos, ect. We only have very mild pulley and ECU tunes for the Jag. Their performance improvements range from barely to somewhat noticable on the lesser tuned 470 and 510 hp 5L S/C models, with even less to be gained on the 550 hp R-S models like yours that already have a more aggressive tune from the factory.

Those who are trying to make more power have found that the transmission control unit (TCU) is preventing the engine's ECU from allowing more peak boost pressure to be made as a way to limit power. That is likely due to the ZF tranny's torque handling limits, which are somewhere just north of where you are now according to others who have found this out the hard way with this particular tranny used in other vehicles.

So while you can order up another 40 hp with a pulley and tune (if you have the required 93 octane available), it will not produce the significant improvement you are after. Maybe one day!

Bruce

Old 12-14-2012, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Arden might do some, arden.de , I baught a lowering kit module for the xj one day ,they sent me the wrong measure , and we had to change some of the front part after this, they were very unprofesional to deal with, their site looks real good, they send me a wrong module settings inside a used plastic bags with traces like this kit was used before, once it damaged the car they never wanted to help, they just reset to the good numbers. On that one for me they were more car terorist than anything and i weight my words, when you see how much they asking for engine update, i will say, its a group of thiefs. but i am sure they will find a solution for you maybe, be aware.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 AM

I'm headed to Raleigh NC Wednesday to have that ECU pulley kit installed. They say the dealership there is the most reputable place to have it done. ECU is sending one of their guys over to install it. From what im hearing, there is a VERY noticeable difference. I appreciate the input from everyone. Will post pics and video soon.

The following users liked this post:
Decipher_Me (01-24-2024)

Quick Reply: turbo for XKR-S