XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Vacuum line leak air hissing noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 10:53 PM
Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Vacuum line leak air hissing noise

I think i found the problem about where the air leaking noise is coming from that makes my brakes stiff and harder to press to stop where they no longer giving me the normal response when i press them lightly.It sounds like the air leaking noise is coming from this thing that i circled and I want to just go ahead and replace it, but i don't know what the part number is to buy another 1 to replace it with.This is where I need the super heroes in the forum to help by being a life saver literally cause i have no brakes if I can't find out what the part number is to replace this part with another 1.But to be on the safe side if this turns out not to be the only problem,I need to know the part number to every vacuum line connected to this connector piece to try and fix it to rule it out to see if it's something more major than that.

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 06-07-2022 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,324 Likes on 1,460 Posts

Yes, that's the brake air pump line, it can be disconnected at a couple of different points, might also check o-rings.

https://parts.landrovervirginiabeach...VkIFByb2R1Y3Rz

https://parts.jaguarcary.com/oem-parts/jaguar-center-pipe-c2d17595

M
ight confirm if any variations for yours but I believe they are all the same for the 5 & 3 litre.

Last edited by jahummer; 06-08-2022 at 01:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Barry Leftwich (06-08-2022)
Old 06-09-2022, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by jahummer
Yes, that's the brake air pump line, it can be disconnected at a couple of different points, might also check o-rings.

https://parts.landrovervirginiabeach...VkIFByb2R1Y3Rz

https://parts.jaguarcary.com/oem-parts/jaguar-center-pipe-c2d17595

M
ight confirm if any variations for yours but I believe they are all the same for the 5 & 3 litre.

I found out what the REAL problem is and this whole vacuum line looks like it broke off and got disconnected.I can provide a temporary fix for right now,but the part i need that i made a red arrow to point to it is the tube that I need to replace.That tube is pretty much plug and play and a very easy fix even though i'll get my little bro to put it on to fix it for me.With all that said,it seems i pretty much don't have to order the whole line.I just need to know what this part number is called to replace this line or if it does come with the whole thing

Old 06-11-2022, 02:32 AM

This is an UPDATE and Check it out!I got my little bro to do a fix with a bunch of tubes and clamps to get my brakes back working and i'm glad my bro was a mechanic for race car drivers at the VIR back when I was in the Army but he couldn't keep that job when he got in a bad motorcycle accident where he had to do a lot of rehab.So he permanently fixed my brake problem but i decided to test them out going an hour away to the dealership and the brakes work better than before.Jahummer helped me out and everything with the part numbers, but i needed to make sure and know for certain which part it really was.So i got the dealership to check out the brake line tube i needed,and the part sales guy didn't even know which part number it was either to my brake line when i popped the hood to show him and had to go bring out the technicians that fix the Jaguars there and I guess he wanted to show the mechanics there how my lil bro fixed my brakes back as well.But 1 of the technicians knew what the part was immediately and they got it ordered for me and gave my lil bro a compliment and said he did 1 hell of a job fixing my brakes back with very few tools that could work on it

This thread is completely solved now.Let's close it out👍All i have to do now is buy the part and get my lil bro to put it on and that's it😎💯

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 06-11-2022 at 02:49 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Barry Leftwich:
Hans Amstein (06-13-2022), jahummer (06-11-2022), kj07xk (06-11-2022), Sean W (06-11-2022), V7Sport (06-11-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 05:35 AM

Another thing,Jaguar dealerships still suppose to do any kind of service btw no matter what model Jaguar you have when I asked them and it even says it on my invoice.Also how else could they make money if they're refusing to do service for people?If they denying you service,it probably could mean you done had some sort of altercation with the dealership where they just plain refuse to help you when they see you coming🤔

Old 06-11-2022, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,324 Likes on 1,460 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry Leftwich
Another thing,Jaguar dealerships still suppose to do any kind of service btw no matter what model Jaguar you have when I asked them and it even says it on my invoice.Also how else could they make money if they're refusing to do service for people?If they denying you service,it probably could mean you done had some sort of altercation with the dealership where they just plain refuse to help you when they see you coming🤔

There are main dealers who offer vintage (5 years or older) service, but not all. I've 5 main dealers in my area, but not all will service these older vehicles, mostly because their technicians don't have experience with older vehicles and JLR is pushing for the all electric shift as quickly as possible and have no interest in training for combustion vehicles. The other reason I've been told is liability. As cars age, there's a greater probability of other parts breaking whilst servicing and as many parts are NLA, the main dealers don't want the potential liability and even if parts are available, the casualty parts could add up to a very significant cost beyond the initial estimation.

Old 06-11-2022, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by jahummer
There are main dealers who offer vintage (5 years or older) service, but not all. I've 5 main dealers in my area, but not all will service these older vehicles, mostly because their technicians don't have experience with older vehicles and JLR is pushing for the all electric shift as quickly as possible and have no interest in training for combustion vehicles. The other reason I've been told is liability. As cars age, there's a greater probability of other parts breaking whilst servicing and as many parts are NLA, the main dealers don't want the potential liability and even if parts are available, the casualty parts could add up to a very significant cost beyond the initial estimation.
Man that area sounds like it sucks.Every Jaguar dealership i'm near willing to fix any Jag you have and if they break something on it,they hold themselves accountable and try to get you the part free. For an example,something broke on my car that they thought they fixed when it turned out to be something else thinking they might have broken it and they fixed all of it back free.The dealership service is so great in my area,you can take your Jaguar to the Volvo dealership and they'll fix it back for you.In the Berglund area i got this estimate from,they own the Mercedes,porche,Volvo,Mazda,Jaguar,and Land Rover in that area.They love it when people bring their cars to them for service.Since i mentioned Volvo and what i found out from my last visit if the Jaguar dealerships in your area act like they don't want to fix 1965+up model Jaguars any more,maybe you can take your Jag to the Volvo dealership for service and ask could they fix it for you.

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 06-12-2022 at 04:08 AM.