Sponsored by: DashLynx

VelocityAP XKR Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Sponsor
Received 823 Likes on 467 Posts
Default VelocityAP XKR Tuning

Hi Guys,

We have a bit of a thread going on over in the F-Type Forum on our tuning capabilities: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...8s-v8r-158091/

Although these are Bosch MED17 ECUs and the XKR is Denso, we still have similar capabilities for the XK models. Just finished tuning this car for a US Dealership with a pulley and our tune. Techs took the car out and said it runs super-smooth, pulls like a freight train and doesn't stop, and wants to overpower the traction control!

Our software is available for the XKR via our V-Tech touch-screen programmers at $995, Supercharger overdrive pulleys for $195. The programmers will store up to 5 modified files, so you can choose a Tune, and a Tune + Pulley if you wish to upgrade at a later date. The Original file is also stored on the programmer and can be flashed back onto the ECU at any time.

Jaguar/Landrover 5.0 Denso ECU Tuning

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 04-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Received 442 Likes on 185 Posts

Anything for the 4.2?

Old 04-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by flyc2c
Anything for the 4.2?
We have a similar pulley upgrade & tune, doesn't make 600BHP

Our tool is not configured to flash the 4.2 however, so for the time being that would be bench flash only (send ECU to our office in British Columbia)

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Please post some detailed dyno results. Its the thing that keeps many of us from getting our toes wet.

Also what are you doing to address the carbon buildup problem. Apparently Jaguar backed off some of the performance in order to keep the intake clean and it has worked. The Germans have had huge problems.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member

Stuart,

I just visited your website to find a dyno result. And not one. How can this be you are specifically in the Measurement business. See it from our view how that looks. When you are asking us to take a chance on a perfectly good $100k car.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:05 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
Please post some detailed dyno results. Its the thing that keeps many of us from getting our toes wet.

Also what are you doing to address the carbon buildup problem. Apparently Jaguar backed off some of the performance in order to keep the intake clean and it has worked. The Germans have had huge problems.
Don't have detailed dyno results for the Denso Cars. I have some for the Bosch F-Types which are very similar apart from the PCM setups. We can share that information, just chasing up a dyno operator for the last 'after' sheet.

Carbon build-up... tell me more about this? I'm not familiar with this. I doubt they backed off on performance for this since they are now running 550BHP F-Type R, 575 in the Project 7 and apparently 617ish in the SVR. Although I could be and frequently am wrong!!!

Our in-house tuner is a factory qualified Jaguar technician so I will ask him to chime in.

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Carbon build-up... tell me more about this? I'm not familiar with this. I doubt they backed off on performance for this since they are now running 550BHP F-Type R, 575 in the Project 7 and apparently 617ish in the SVR. Although I could be and frequently am wrong!!!
As you know, all the manufacturers have been struggling to find a solution to GDi carbon buildup. One of the known solutions is ecu tune (oem) Jaguar has somehow miraculously been spared. Suspicion is that its what they did in the software update they had for the 5.0 (aj133)

Namely its to do with fuel trim and timing. By being off a little you get the benefit.

Look we are just lay people looking for expertise.

Last edited by Queen and Country; 04-06-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Don't have detailed dyno results for the Denso Cars. I have some for the Bosch F-Types which are very similar apart from the PCM setups. We can share that information, just chasing up a dyno operator for the last 'after' sheet.

Our in-house tuner is a factory qualified Jaguar technician so I will ask him to chime in.

Jaguar has not solved the carbon build-up, the Germans have actually come up with a solution on newer models. The carbon is caused because of the direct injection. Jaguar and Land Rover have played with there software but still have issues along with the injectors blocking and forcing a misfire.

The Germans(VAG) have started fitting a fuel injector back into the intake manifold to spray fuel and allow the oil to wash away. The engine still runs on the direct injection though..but again have an addition injector to help solve the issue before it starts. Jaguar and Land Rover have not started this (probably patents by VAG). Jaguar/Land Rover are also using a 0W20 and 5W20 versus VAG using stuff thicker like 0W40..just the oil also could be why VAG has delt with this more and to a higher level.

The following users liked this post:
Queen and Country (04-06-2016)
Old 04-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Sponsor

Stuart,

I just visited your website to find a dyno result. And not one. How can this be you are specifically in the Measurement business. See it from our view how that looks. When you are asking us to take a chance on a perfectly good $100k car.
Here's a few, linked from our website to start with. You'll also note that I mentioned we have some recent data from an F-Type R which will be posted shortly. In the next 2 weeks I expect to have F-Type V8S and V6 Base dyno sheets as well. We are part way through our V6 software development.

There's no need to be so unfriendly, we are not a fly-by night company. We have been around for 8 years, are official suppliers to Aston Martin Racing and deal directly with a number of Aston and Jag/LR dealers. If you would like to speak with a couple of the technicians who installed this pulley and tune on the Red car today, I'd be happy to give you their phone numbers in private

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Sponsor

The fourth graph down is from a Jaguar XF 5.0 Supercharged which we had tested at an independent dyno. 75BHP with addition of sport cats, majority of the gains from pulley + tune.

VelocityAP 75BHP Power Pack for Jaguar XF 5.0SC and XF-R

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP
Jaguar has not solved the carbon build-up, the Germans have actually come up with a solution on newer models. The carbon is caused because of the direct injection. Jaguar and Land Rover have played with there software but still have issues along with the injectors blocking and forcing a misfire.

The Germans(VAG) have started fitting a fuel injector back into the intake manifold to spray fuel and allow the oil to wash away. The engine still runs on the direct injection though..but again have an addition injector to help solve the issue before it starts. Jaguar and Land Rover have not started this (probably patents by VAG). Jaguar/Land Rover are also using a 0W20 and 5W20 versus VAG using stuff thicker like 0W40..just the oil also could be why VAG has delt with this more and to a higher level.
We agree that Jaguar made some software updates to address the issue. We know that keeping the valves open longer also helps evacuate the problem. We agree that the Jaguar system is working. The question for the Tuner is, are you taking what Jaguar did into consideration when changing the software.

So far I am extremely pleased with the support. Thank you.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member

The fourth graph down is from a Jaguar XF 5.0 Supercharged which we had tested at an independent dyno. 75BHP with addition of sport cats, majority of the gains from pulley + tune.

VelocityAP 75BHP Power Pack for Jaguar XF 5.0SC and XF-R
Stuart,
Your professionalism is duly noted. Thank you.
I tried to purchase a tune from Jaguar experts and the data they sent me was a joke. Hopefully you understand my apprehension and you have put it to bed. As a return favor here is the graph your competitor sent me.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Very interesting, maybe a separate thread needs to be made about the carbon build up issues.

Stuart, what ever happened to the headers you guys were going to build for the 5.0 XKR?

Old 04-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigdhenderson
Very interesting, maybe a separate thread needs to be made about the carbon build up issues.

Stuart, what ever happened to the headers you guys were going to build for the 5.0 XKR?
Yeah, that's a very good question!!! I think the correct answer is got way too busy with a bunch of new products - F-Type Downpipes, Audi R8 Exhaust, SLS AMG Headers, XJ Supercharged Cats, V8 Vantage Twin Turbo Kit.... etc.

But I'd still like to do it. Really what I need is a car here in BC in our shop. we have a 2015 F-Type R coming in some time in the next month or so, and we'll be building both V8 & V6 Headers on that.

Perhaps we could take one of the V8 headers and send to you, and you could test-fit to check for interference etc. It will be quite similar, but I wonder if we could also adapt an F-Type design if we were supplied with your OEM downpipes to bolt up to an OEM manifold....

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Sponsor

Stuart,
Your professionalism is duly noted. Thank you.
I tried to purchase a tune from Jaguar experts and the data they sent me was a joke. Hopefully you understand my apprehension and you have put it to bed. As a return favor here is the graph your competitor sent me.

Try not to comment on competitor stuff so I won't, other than that it would be helpful to see both Axes! Actually, true story, Paramount Performance was my very first customer when we started the exhaust business back in the UK in 2007. Bought a 2005 AM Vanquish Exhaust I think. True story!

I still don't know what the scoop is with Paramount because they closed down for a while in administration, or so I was informed. I know the guy who was the ex-MD went to Viezu (ECU Tuning Company) and it appears that Paramount is now based there.

Seems like they are doing well, they always had a good following for Jag stuff.

Anyway, don't know about professionalism, we're a bunch of barely-grown up man-children, so my wife says

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member

Try not to comment on competitor stuff so I won't, other than that it would be helpful to see both Axes! Actually, true story, Paramount Performance was my very first customer when we started the exhaust business back in the UK in 2007. Bought a 2005 AM Vanquish Exhaust I think. True story!

I still don't know what the scoop is with Paramount because they closed down for a while in administration, or so I was informed. I know the guy who was the ex-MD went to Viezu (ECU Tuning Company) and it appears that Paramount is now based there.

Seems like they are doing well, they always had a good following for Jag stuff.

Anyway, don't know about professionalism, we're a bunch of barely-grown up man-children, so my wife says
You're a good sport mate. That is from Viezu. Note the numbers on the graph. They claim to make less HP than stock. Hilarious.

Jaguar would have to have backed off the power. It cant be that they are only just discovering how to tune it in the Project 7. Question is for what reason did they back off. If it was just a matter of software, go on give us the SVR tune, we will pay $3k.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Stuart,

Thank you for posting here. I have been searching for a tune for many many years but have not been able to find one that guarantees results. I am very interested but would like to know what it would take to tune my 2008 XKR without having to to remove the ECU. What would it take for you to come up with one, I especially like the idea of having a tool like the one for the 5.0. Thank you in advance.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Are there any solutions for non supercharged XK models?

Old 04-07-2016, 11:55 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

This is my Dyno - 2014 XKR.

Before an after Chiptuning and deleting the speed limit 250km/h

Bad first result, only 487 HP - reason was normal Super 98 Oktan, no German Super Plus 102 Oktan.

Now I use only Aral 102 Oktan and I think, the XKR has more power.

Last edited by thocar; 04-07-2016 at 12:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Queen and Country (04-07-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 07:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul Busby was a small partner of Paramount performance together with Martin Lane (now working for quantum tuning) and myself. He left to move to Jamaica as he told us all but really went to start a company called viezu. He took access to the email system of paramount performance and the company failed soon after with me paying all creditors. He then stole viezu from his new partner and when he went to go public Linda Busby took legal action and placed an injunction on him to stop him from making public the in house workings of the company. The rest is history.
Paul took on paramount performance after it was closed and continues to run it as a business without the end users realising the background. he started VIP as he was unsure of how the injunction would pan out in court.

The following 3 users liked this post by stuarth:
AVMiii (05-10-2016), gh27 (05-10-2016), Queen and Country (05-10-2016)

Quick Reply: VelocityAP XKR Tuning