XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Veneer Kits - Ash, Piano, Aluminum, Carbon?

Old 07-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Veneer Kits - Ash, Piano, Aluminum, Carbon?

Anybody know what these kits run? I called two dealers and asked parts to price and they never get back to me. I don't think there is a carbon kit from Jag but I could be wrong.

I have the very luxurious burl walnut that even has a slight cherry tint. That plus my tan seats is quite luxurious. Yet my R is lowered, exhaust, blacked out chrome strip, wheels arrive next week etc. I would prefer the gray burl, piano, aluminum or carbon if there is a such thing. I would even consider a combo where I keep a small piece - perhaps where the shifter is - burl walnut and make the rest one of the more sporty alternatives.

I suppose another option might be to remove all the pieces and have someone really good wrap them in the best 3m Carbon - but I digress.

Who knows the prices of these kits or pieces?

Old 07-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Any idea how hard it is to remove these pieces?

I'd also be interested--I think the wood interior is sort of silly on the XKRs.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Evoking
Anybody know what these kits run? I called two dealers and asked parts to price and they never get back to me. I don't think there is a carbon kit from Jag but I could be wrong.

I have the very luxurious burl walnut that even has a slight cherry tint. That plus my tan seats is quite luxurious. Yet my R is lowered, exhaust, blacked out chrome strip, wheels arrive next week etc. I would prefer the gray burl, piano, aluminum or carbon if there is a such thing. I would even consider a combo where I keep a small piece - perhaps where the shifter is - burl walnut and make the rest one of the more sporty alternatives.

I suppose another option might be to remove all the pieces and have someone really good wrap them in the best 3m Carbon - but I digress.

Who knows the prices of these kits or pieces?
I have the Aluminum look pieces on the left and right sides, with Black Piano look in the center. I checked Gaudin Jaguar's site to see how much replacing the Aluminum look pieces with the black pieces (Jag OEM) and they were around $343 each with their discount.

I don't know if they're made by anyone aftermarket. I would think wrapping them would be fine...but you might have to be alert to things with sharp edges rubbing them. Also, anything that is written on them such as "Jaguar" or "Airbag" would be covered up. But that's a trivial thing I would think.