XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers

HI, I have had a look on search but cant find the right info.

What are the right spacers to buy for about 15mm widen back on front on the 2012 on XKR. XKR-s Kit fitted.

Do you have to fit longer studs or different nuts? Can you buy a kit with both?
Any help appreciated.
Orona Wheels fitted

Bob

Last edited by unders; 08-09-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

I got my spacers here. This link lists 20mm that I used on the fronts and used 15mm on the back wheels of my '08 XK. Call them for 15mm.

Depending on the indent of particular wheels you may have to cut from the factory wheel studs. On my XK I had to cut just the non-threaded leading edge of the studs when I used the 15mm spacers. When using the same spacers on the wheels of our XF I did not have to cut anything.

H&R Wheel Spacers For Jaguar Cabrio 2007-up 20mm (4035633)

You can also go directly to the H&R website for these. These are probably the best quality of spacers available. I think, they are made in Germany.

Albert

The following 2 users liked this post by axr6:
hawaii (08-10-2013), unders (08-10-2013)
Old 08-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Hey Albert
Did you ever post up a pic of your car with the spacers? Love to see her.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hawaii
Hey Albert
Did you ever post up a pic of your car with the spacers? Love to see her.
Yes, I did and I've just spent at least 5 attempts to attach pictures to this post but, despite meeting all the size and file-type specs my uploads of those pictures have failed. Have no idea what the reason is, I never had problems attaching pictures on this forum.

The one thing I may caution is that the spacers described in my post above may be perfect for my '08XK and new XF stock wheels but, prior to ordering everyone needs to take a measurement of your particular wheels and the fender positions. I remember one poster that claimed that for him a 5mm spacer worked best on one end of the XK. That is likely because his factory wheels had slightly different offsets.

Albert

Old 08-10-2013, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the help. Does it not look too bad with wider on the front?
E mail me at lawns@gotadsl.co.uk and I will post your pictures up if you want.

Bob

Old 08-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by unders
Thanks for the help. Does it not look too bad with wider on the front?
E mail me at lawns@gotadsl.co.uk and I will post your pictures up if you want.

Bob
Bob

E-mail with pictures are on the way.

Albert

Old 08-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

After I was able to attach an other picture last night to a different thread here, I tried to attach the XK pictures again and no success. Here is the error message I got. If anyone has an idea what it means, I'd like to know:

"Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired."

Albert

Old 08-11-2013, 12:17 PM

Alberts pictures he sent. I have reduced them down Albert they may be to large. Thanks for sending them. Has anyone put 20mm front and rear. Why just 20mm front and 15 rear? I have seen paramount with some advertised 20mm front and rear.

Attached Thumbnails Wheel Spacers-img_6494.jpg   Wheel Spacers-img_6498.jpg   Wheel Spacers-img_6506.jpg  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by axr6
I got my spacers here. This link lists 20mm that I used on the fronts and used 15mm on the back wheels of my '08 XK. Call them for 15mm.

Depending on the indent of particular wheels you may have to cut from the factory wheel studs. On my XK I had to cut just the non-threaded leading edge of the studs when I used the 15mm spacers. When using the same spacers on the wheels of our XF I did not have to cut anything.

H&R Wheel Spacers For Jaguar Cabrio 2007-up 20mm (4035633)

You can also go directly to the H&R website for these. These are probably the best quality of spacers available. I think, they are made in Germany.

Albert
Hi Albert,

Tried the 20 inch front spacers, I think they are a little too wide for what I'm looking for.

The 15mm back and front are a good look. Did you have any issue with wheel wobble? The front wobbles at about 70 mph and at 40 mph.

Have cleaned them and re fitted twice, still the same. How did you get on.

These are HR spacers by the way the most common and expensive.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by unders
Hi Albert,

Tried the 20 inch front spacers, I think they are a little too wide for what I'm looking for.

The 15mm back and front are a good look. Did you have any issue with wheel wobble? The front wobbles at about 70 mph and at 40 mph.

Have cleaned them and re fitted twice, still the same. How did you get on.

These are HR spacers by the way the most common and expensive.
Did you make CERTAIN that the original wheel studs would not touch the wheel indents? With the 15mm spacers I had to cut a few mm off the leading, non-threaded section of the studs. That is the only thing that I could think of that would cause a wobble, since the spacer and wheel surfaces would not be flat against each other. I assume that you made sure that nothing was stuck between the surfaces when you installed them.

Check the clearance between the wheel studs and the wheels by inserting a feeler gauge or something similar. This would have to be done with the wheels installed, torqued and reaching through the wheel openings.

Albert

Old 08-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got H&R spacers, 20mm's on the Front and 15's on the back, my front driver side came slightly loose after around 200miles so had a slight wobble but nothing major.

If I were you, i'd take the front spacers off, leave the back ones on, take it for a quick spin, ensure no wobbling is taking place. Also when you take the wheels off check the back of the alloys to see if any carve or stuff marks exist, if some scars exist it would tend to suggest you have a spacer/lug to alloy issue.

If you then refit your spacers and are certain they are flush surface on surface, take it for another spin, how soon after this does the wobble come back?

Old 08-30-2013, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by michaels2411
I've got H&R spacers, 20mm's on the Front and 15's on the back, my front driver side came slightly loose after around 200miles so had a slight wobble but nothing major.

If I were you, i'd take the front spacers off, leave the back ones on, take it for a quick spin, ensure no wobbling is taking place. Also when you take the wheels off check the back of the alloys to see if any carve or stuff marks exist, if some scars exist it would tend to suggest you have a spacer/lug to alloy issue.

If you then refit your spacers and are certain they are flush surface on surface, take it for another spin, how soon after this does the wobble come back?
Spent a few hours on this now. The 20mm on the rear just look awful
way too wide. The 15mm on the rear catch the wheel arches (just discovered) on a good bump. So the 20mm are a no hope. We have a road here that goes up hill slightly from a round about. At speed the tyres lightly touch the arch. You can see black on the inside of it with a mirror on the inside of the arch.

We can't get rid of the front wobble, its clearly the spacers. This is a 2012 car,so the discs are clean and the spacers are fitted correctly with no dirt.

I give up. The 2012 XKR must have a wider track on the rear. The wheels fit tight on the spacers, so no issues. The 15mm on the front look right. The 20mm are too wide. They sit just outside the arches.

I give up.