XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Will ACM allow Pandora via iPhone???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Will ACM allow Pandora via iPhone???

I just picked up an 07 XKR without the ACM. The ACM is $700 installed. The only reason I want it is to feed Pandora off my iPhone into the system.

I know I could do it via an adapter from the head phone jack to RCA but can it be done via the iPhone cable?

It seems silly this isn't standard on the car, I installed a $200 Clarion head unit in my 88 Landcruiser that allows streaming Bluetooth audio. Of course while the Landcruiser and Jag get the same MPG, the 0-60 times are a bit different.

Joe

Old 11-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, Pandora will play through the ACM interface.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had ACM installed in my XJ8 2008 and Pandora will not work as when you connect iPhone cable it starts playing iPod and overrides iPod controls so you cannot pause. If you switch to pandora and start playing, it starts and then switches back to iPod

Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 PM

Our ACMs must be different. Mine allows control from the iPhone when connected. It does start playing the ipod app as soon as I plug it in, but I can stop that and run any other app (i.e. Pandora) that I want.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update

OK - I have been able to get it working!

The firmware for the ACM as it comes from Jaguar works as I described - you cannot use Pandora, you are able to switch to pandora but when you start "Playing" is just switches back to the iPod.

Thanks to : http://www.jimrothe.com/jaguar/acm-bluetooth.html

I was able to apply the Mercedes D2B versions of the Dension Gateway 500 (the same as the Jaguar ACM). This has now allowed full access to the iPhone screen and it does not switch back when you start playing pandora.

I have to say I was very nervous about applying this update, but the whole thing was useless to me without doing this. The built-in navigation allowing you only to select only play lists (no album/artist or track control) REALLY REALLY SUCKS and makes the entire ACM a piece of absolute junk and a huge waste of money!!
With the firmware upgrade I can control everything from the iPhone, Pandora and my other favorite app "Tunein Radio".

Although the ACM installed by my Jag dealer cost over $1000 (very expensive for what you get) - it now works and I am happy!

Hope this helps!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Acm?

Help me out here. What's the ACM? I'm getting the iPod/mp3 adapter setup installed in my 07 XK tomorrow. I'm assuming I can play Pandora or the iPod no problem with this setup. Now you've got me concerned that I can't. Help?

Old 03-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the ACM(Audio Connectivity Module) installed in my 2007 XK last Summer. I have not experienced any of the issues that the above posters have. I have used the iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4 and the iPod Shuffle with no problems. I do however get msg on the iPhones telling me that the accessory is not compatible and therefore will not be able to charge the phone. I have not experienced any lack of usability and the accessory does in fact charge the phone. I have used Pandora, Youtube, iPod, etc!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I installed an ACM in my 2004 XJ last year. It is quite disappointing. All you get with an Ipod is playlists if you connect with the Ipod adapter. I hate playlists. I quickly punted on that mode, got some RCA's and a headphone adapter and just use the headphone jack so I can play what i want when I want. You can play ANYTHING on your IPhnone or Ipod if you use the headphone jack and the RCA inputs in center console box.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:12 PM

Ah, ACM - Audio Control Module. Ding, ding, ding. Just got out of the the Jag dealership. They did a beautiful install job on it. I have at least 14 inches of cable in the console so the ipod/iphone can sit out and I can pick it up. Plays Pandora and satellite radio just fine, sound is significantly better than FM. So, last two days, pulled the fuse on the antenna and got the ACM installed. Very happy with the results.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:30 PM

I invested in a mount from Kuda and a pass-thru dock from DICE so that I could mount my iPhone and do all the controlling that the ACM lacks right from the phone. I found both from the same guy on ebay.

My iPhone is jailbroken so I was able to get an app from Cydia called "popup blocker" and I no longer get those annoying "Accessory" messages when I first plug in my phone to the ACM.

Hope that helps

Old 03-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Default What part number

Canucken, Take a look at your paperwork and let me know what part number they installed. I just got off the phone with my dealer and they are trying to figure out what goes in the 07 XK, he thinks it is $628 just for the part.

Originally Posted by canucken
Ah, ACM - Audio Control Module. Ding, ding, ding. Just got out of the the Jag dealership. They did a beautiful install job on it. I have at least 14 inches of cable in the console so the ipod/iphone can sit out and I can pick it up. Plays Pandora and satellite radio just fine, sound is significantly better than FM. So, last two days, pulled the fuse on the antenna and got the ACM installed. Very happy with the results.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 AM

I'll see if I still have the box. In the meantime call Nalley Jaguar in Atlanta. That's where I got mine from, mention that you're on the Jaguar forums site and they'll also give you a discount (and they include shipping!). Either of the parts guys will know exactly what you need.

The following users liked this post:
nalleyjagparts (03-31-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

The part number for the XK ACM is C2P16491. It is NOT a $628 part. Contact me for pricing info.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:17 AM

Nalley did contact me promptly with a great price.

I was just about to pull the trigger when I saw another piece of audio gear that might serve my purpose, an Alpine unit that interfaces factory head units to aftermarket amps and does EQ and Time Alignment by taking microphone measurements. Cool technology.

The Alpine unit provides an auxillary input that bypasses the headunit feeding your signal directly to the amps. It includes a remote to adjust volume (or do it from you iPhone).

Check it out.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

You still need a iPhone to RCA adapter like this one.

iSimple PolyWire IS75 - Car Radio RCA Audio Connector Cable for iPod, iPhone

Old 04-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Apine unit for IPod connection instead of ACM

GN4 let us know if the Alpine unit works and what Model of Jag your installing it in.
Thanks

Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi there, I was just going over your post about e ACM and the firmware update.
I recently purchased a gadget ( $59.00 on Amazon) that is called " Mobile Home" it allows you to keep your IPhone in your pocket by mimicking the Siri command button. It looks lie a key fob with a large iPhone button on it. You pair the mobile home to your phone and pace the fob within hands reach in your car. You depress it and you hear Siri in your cars audio system. I also have a 2007 XK and am going to purchase the ACM. My question is that when you have the ACM connected to you IPhone and you ask Siri to play music, does it work and play through the cars audio. The mobile home gadget works very well in allowing you access Sir whie your phone is in your pocket. I am also interested in the firmware up date to allow IPhone music screen access. Could you let me knw how to get and install it. Thanks, there isn't anyone in the dealerships who have firsthand knowledge.
Best F