XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

The worlds fastest XKR 5 L supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 06:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default No, sir, my words

Originally Posted by dangoesfast
This sounds like it was written by chatgpt

It appears that you are dismissing my previous response while reiterating your queries. Allow me to address them: I drive a vehicle that boasts impressive speed, BHP, and torque, tailored to my specific preferences. Furthermore, I have experience in both rally and track driving, which grants me a well-rounded perspective on automotive performance. It's worth noting that discussions regarding vehicle specifications and driving expertise should be conducted with an open-minded and respectful approach, rather than a dismissive or argumentative tone.

Moreover ,you did not answer my question what do you drive what BHP,Torque? Top speed?

PS Why not read my posts on LinkedIn, you may just learn something.

Last edited by FrankTough; 11-26-2023 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:55 PM
Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankTough
It appears that you are dismissing my previous response while reiterating your queries.
I'm not reiterating anything, and you haven't asked me anything. That was my first post in this thread and, if you read it carefully, you'll see that I'm hoping you post some actual evidence and silence the guys who are saying you're full of s**t.

You're off to a good start, bud.

Last edited by dangoesfast; 11-26-2023 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2023, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 497 Likes on 323 Posts

Won't the soft top need some MIL spec bungee cords to hold it down at that speed?

Old 11-26-2023, 10:43 PM
Default Either you really do not know or now we’re just playing stupid

Originally Posted by McJag222
Won't the soft top need some MIL spec bungee cords to hold it down at that speed?
The soft top completely stores away, and I do mean completely!

I w

I will attached a couple of picture’s below.
Now do you see?

Old 11-26-2023, 11:05 PM

Man I can't wait to see the video of this thing doing 214mph on a runway with the top down, the suspense is killing me 😱😱

Old 11-26-2023, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member

The soft top completely stores away, and I do mean completely!
Well that'll get rid of the dandruff.

Old 11-26-2023, 11:19 PM
Default It will achieve exactly what I have said I employee the best

I want you to understand how much faith I have in Tom and what he's capable of doing for my car. Tom and Swallows Racing are truly the best in the world when it comes to Jaguars. I've chosen to work with them because of their pure pedigree and extensive experience in the field. I fully trust that if Tom says he can achieve a certain performance goal for my car, he will deliver on that promise. The modifications he's planning, including the eight-speed manual box and racing wheels to reduce weight, fill me with confidence that my car will be able to outperform all others in its class. I firmly believe that with Tom's expertise, my car will achieve the speed and performance I'm aiming for.

Old 11-26-2023, 11:34 PM
Default Well people who do not believe never thought my car would get over 210 mph

Originally Posted by McJag222
Well that'll get rid of the dandruff.
I want you to understand how much faith I have in Tom and what he's capable of doing for my car. Tom and Swallows Racing are truly the best in the world when it comes to Jaguars. I've chosen to work with them because of their pure pedigree and extensive experience in the field. I fully trust that if Tom says he can achieve a certain performance goal for my car, he will deliver on that promise. The modifications he's planning, including the eight-speed manual box and racing wheels to reduce weight, fill me with confidence that my car will be able to outperform most others in its class. I firmly believe that with Tom's expertise, my car will achieve the speed and performance I'm aiming for.
This is the only fully cabriolet that can achieve more than my current car, although you’re going to have to wait one year for me to prove my XKR will go faster That is how long the waiting list is for the conversion any car at the moment is either a spider top or hardtop

also, there were only 75 of these cars made and they will cost you today approximately 3 1/2 million dollars.
my car will beat it and only cost around 60,000 pounds when finished I never expect to get my money back however I never expect to sell it. I look forward to the day. Of the conversion until then, I may gain a few miles an hour by changing the wheels obviously lightning the car however, the gearbox is not capable of obtaining much more. I need eight gears.
Until then you can say what you wish although I will state categorically my car is the second fastest Cabriolet in the world, also, it will beat your car

Old 11-27-2023, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,908 Likes on 1,293 Posts

They say anything can be accomplished with enough time and money. Hope you have deep pockets.

Old 11-27-2023, 10:11 AM
Default at least you’re honest

Originally Posted by kj07xk
They say anything can be accomplished with enough time and money. Hope you have deep pockets.
yes, I do. Thank you.

Old 11-27-2023, 02:07 PM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,024 Likes on 725 Posts

Should we retitle this thread, the “testosterone thread”? Or “mine is bigger than yours” thread. Or…
Cheers!

The following 3 users liked this post by guy:
CA Jag (11-27-2023), panthera999 (11-27-2023), ralphwg (12-03-2023)
Old 11-27-2023, 02:22 PM
Default as you can see, I’m a junior member

Originally Posted by guy
Should we retitle this thread, the “testosterone thread”? Or “mine is bigger than yours” thread. Or…
Cheers!
I just wanted to let everyone know that you can make an XKR go very very fast. That started a whole snowball affect of people telling me I was talking BS well there’s nothing to do with the size of mine is bigger than yours. Just mine is faster than yours lol cheers.

Old 11-27-2023, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,191 Likes on 3,109 Posts

I won't assume either way, not until there is some actual data. It'd be interesting to see either way. I'd like that extra 20 mph available, even though I'd be at least a little nervous to give it a go. Though certainly NOT with the top down. I'll use the MIL Spec duct tape instead of bungees.

Old 11-27-2023, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

frankie....you are still claiming your car goes 214 mph without any proof. Show us all a video of your car going thru a speed trap with GSP speed data proving 214 mph.

You have not even addressed my first point ... "Firstly frankie, the claim of 214 mph is total BS...and I quote the video here as "on the dyno it topped out at 214 mph".

Having a "calculated dyno number" of 214 mph is NOT real-world conditions. On a dyno there is zero air/wind resistance. Your car will not get anywhere near than number on the open road.

You keep saying that you trust this person and that you trust so-and-so, but in reality these people are treating you worse than a mushroom by feeding you BS numbers and keeping you in the dark, all the while they are fleecing all the money they can from your pockets, while you soak in their outrageous claims.

And please keep us updated on this manual conversion dream of yours.

I will personally send you a few "Benjamins" when/if you ever complete this.

Old 11-27-2023, 06:33 PM
Received 575 Likes on 295 Posts

First time since I've been here that I've seen people bumping chests on this forum. Usually a pretty peaceful and friendly place. The comment about testosterone was well said.

Anyway, Frank, good luck in your efforts and looking forward to the data you provide. But seriously, you came in the virtual door like the guy with a black hat slamming open the swinging doors in a saloon saying "who wants to draw?" Why not settle down with a relaxed game of poker and a beer, and get to know the folks in the place first? Pretty nice bunch here when you get to know us.

Last edited by panthera999; 11-27-2023 at 06:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bgpenguin21 (04-28-2024)
Old 11-27-2023, 06:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,191 Likes on 3,109 Posts

Originally Posted by panthera999
First time since I've been here that I've seen people bumping chests on this forum. Usually a pretty peaceful and friendly place...................
It's happened a few times before, the thread usually gets locked and things settle. Sometimes one of the 'combatants' decide to become former members.
I have no raccoon in this battleship, I'll wait for more info.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
panthera999 (11-27-2023), ralphwg (12-03-2023)
Old 11-27-2023, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by JagRag
frankie....you are still claiming your car goes 214 mph without any proof. Show us all a video of your car going thru a speed trap with GSP speed data proving 214 mph.

You have not even addressed my first point ... "Firstly frankie, the claim of 214 mph is total BS...and I quote the video here as "on the dyno it topped out at 214 mph".

Having a "calculated dyno number" of 214 mph is NOT real-world conditions. On a dyno there is zero air/wind resistance. Your car will not get anywhere near than number on the open road.

You keep saying that you trust this person and that you trust so-and-so, but in reality these people are treating you worse than a mushroom by feeding you BS numbers and keeping you in the dark, all the while they are fleecing all the money they can from your pockets, while you soak in their outrageous claims.

And please keep us updated on this manual conversion dream of yours.

I will personally send you a few "Benjamins" when/if you ever complete this.
I believe that I made myself quite clear yesterday. Although I understand it's a Dyno, in real-world conditions, a tailwind would make me go faster, a headwind would slow me down, and a crosswind would definitely slow me down. However, on the road, I have actually left a Lamborghini behind, although this could be due to my ability or perhaps a lack of concern. There were no other vehicles on the road, so the only people who could have been at risk were myself and the Lamborghini driver, who happened to have a passenger. I just wanted to convey that I've built the second fastest fully convertible car in the world. However, it seems to have turned into a contest of strength, but I don't feel the need to prove anything. If you can prove me wrong, which I believe you cannot, let's leave it at that until swallows have completed their job and turned into an eight-speed manual.

my car is easily recognizable. It has a private plate. If you see me wave or don’t, it really doesn’t matter. Stay well, everyone

Old 11-27-2023, 08:16 PM

In real-world conditions, a tailwind would make me go faster, a headwind would slow me down, and a crosswind would definitely slow me down.
Of all the **** spewed in this thread, this is by far the best 😂😂 Thanks for the laugh mate.

A 100mph tailwind at 100mph gives you the equivalent air resistance of standing still (i.e. zero), and at 214mph it gives you the equivalent air resistance of doing 114mph in still conditions. On the dyno, you have zero wind resistance at all speeds so you would need a 214mph tailwind to help you to 214 in the real world. Another way to think about wind resistance on a dyno is that the dyno simulates a variable tailwind whose speed exactly matches the rolling speed of the car.

Don't beat yourself up mate, physics is complicated and not everyone gets it

Last edited by dangoesfast; 11-27-2023 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-27-2023, 08:19 PM
Received 575 Likes on 295 Posts

Funny. There's another parallel thread from a new member named Fred. Welcomed aboard, ideas shared, helpful dialog. Different approaches have different results.

The following users liked this post:
bgpenguin21 (04-28-2024)
Old 11-27-2023, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member

Frankie, relax, don't do it....

The following 3 users liked this post by McJag222:
bgpenguin21 (04-28-2024), dangoesfast (11-27-2023), panthera999 (11-27-2023)

Quick Reply: The worlds fastest XKR 5 L supercharged