XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

The worlds fastest XKR 5 L supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2023, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 497 Likes on 323 Posts

Frankie goes to Hollywood with the top down:

The following 2 users liked this post by McJag222:
bgpenguin21 (04-28-2024), dangoesfast (11-27-2023)
Old 11-27-2023, 09:28 PM
Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

This weekend's speed test:

The following users liked this post:
McJag222 (11-28-2023)
Old 11-27-2023, 09:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankTough
I believe that ...I don't feel the need to prove anything... it really doesn’t matter.

This says it all about you frankie.

I'm out of this troll-fest now. Bye bye fastest imaginary dyno-test convertible forum troll.

Old 11-28-2023, 06:36 AM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,024 Likes on 725 Posts

Well, I’m happy for you that you are pleased with your modifications.
And I’m happy for those that like to take their cars down the drag strip or runway.
I am more a slalom, rally, winding road too fast kind of guy… in any weather; to be met at the end of the journey with scotch, cigars, steaks…

One thing for certain, we all drive this car because she does so well at all these things.

The following 2 users liked this post by guy:
jahummer (11-28-2023), sklimii (12-21-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 06:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default you really are a ————

Originally Posted by JagRag
This says it all about you frankie.

I'm out of this troll-fest now. Bye bye fastest imaginary dyno-test convertible forum troll.

you think it’s a troll well why don’t you phone Viezu technologies and ask them? I suppose you can get their phone number can’t you? The only imaginary thing is your brain

Old 11-28-2023, 06:51 AM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,024 Likes on 725 Posts

I’m not quite sure this was a gentlemanly, high road, response.
Can we all grow up and stop making it personal?

@moderators, is there a rule to this effect? should there be?

steve_k_xk (11-28-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 07:00 AM
Default excuse me, sir, however, you were not the one accused of being a troll

Originally Posted by guy
I’m not quite sure this was a gentlemanly, high road, response.
Can we all grow up and stop making it personal?

@moderators, is there a rule to this effect? should there be?
I do not like people calling me a liar or a troll when they can simply pick up the phone and call Viezu technologies or they need me to provide them the telephone number

I do not like people calling me a liar or a troll when they can simply pick up the phone and call Viezu technologies or they need me to provide them the telephone number

I only came on this site to explain and made an XKR 5 L supercharged convertible into the second fastest fully convertible car in the world which I thought people would be pleased about yet they want to complain that it’s on a rolling road Dyno obviously I can see that and yes, cause a lot differently when they’re having to push air out of the way or if there’s a crosswind or if there’s a tailwind, but I have asked Rally and check experience, also once it has been re-sprayed again, it’s going to be stored until swallows racing make it an eight-speed manual and if anyone down that phone Tom

Is seems people on here are just jealous of someone trying to achieve something that has never been done before with a Jaguar

I have the time and the money so I’m going to do it no matter what, and anyone with a Jaguar that would like to race my car once it has a manual transmission and racing wheels I’m up for it anytime anyplace anywhere!

Old 11-28-2023, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,190 Likes on 3,405 Posts

One question, Frank - is that 8-speed manual transmission the final mod that will enable your XKR to reach its theoretical top speed of 214 MPH?

One more - when do you expect that to be done?

Thanks.

Old 11-28-2023, 08:14 AM
Default apart from lightening the car by fitting it with race wheels

Originally Posted by Stuart S
One question, Frank - is that 8-speed manual transmission the final mod that will enable your XKR to reach its theoretical top speed of 214 MPH?

Thanks.
I am going to have everything done to the car that will make it go faster. The gearbox transmission change is the next thing to do. However, in the meantime, if I find out anywhere that using larger fuel injectors, a different ignition system, porting my heads, etc. etc. I will have it done what I will not do is change the fuel system we can all put capital NOS oh me thing however, both of those shop the engine and will shorten its life. Theoretically speaking the car could do 240 mph, but I must agree that is theory 230 is achievable with just a manual gearbox and racing wheels once that has been done, I will take it anywhere obviously not on a windy day, but a nice calm summer morning any airfield that has a long enough runway and prove to the world that if you have the money and the time it can be done that was the only point I was trying to get across Now I have to wait for Tom at swallows racing. He will do every upgrade from now on.

Now I have to wait for Tom at swallows racing. He will do every upgrade from now on. I hope you understand now I was not trying to be the new boy on the block with the big fast cat. I just want to have the fastest fully convertible car in the world and because Jeremy Clarkson stated” I cannot believe I’m saying this, but the most comfortable convertible in the world which will happily go around town at 30 miles an hour all day long yet is a rocket is a Jaguar XKR”

that is why I purchased the best one I could find, which was from Frattellie cars, that is why it was taken to Viezu technologies to do every upgrade. They were capable of doing, and it is why it’s next step is to go to Tom. Now I hope that explains absolutely everything
which reminds me to try and get hold of the man himself. Have a great day.

Old 11-28-2023, 08:19 AM
Received 95 Likes on 40 Posts

Here in Germany - close to the famous Nuerburgring Racetrack ("the green hell") - we have a saying: the truth is on the road.

I would be pleased to see Franks car in 2024 here on the track.

But take care:

Last edited by earny; 11-28-2023 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 663 Likes on 326 Posts

Quick rough calculation:
frontal area = 23sq ft
Drag = .34
hp to achieve 240 mph = 1080
"in the perfect world"
WJ

hmmm, went to a different calculator (salt flats), looks like 750 hp could achieve 240 mph with the correct gearing and track length with zero wind
but thinking about Bugatti, 1000hp = 250 mph+/-

Last edited by wymjym; 11-28-2023 at 09:19 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by wymjym:
sklimii (12-21-2023), steve_k_xk (11-28-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,287 Likes on 1,438 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S

Thanks.
It's a 6-speed manual ZF kit, custom fit by Swallows. They've done several with success.

Old 11-28-2023, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member

I don't think anyone ever said the car had done 214mph on the road. The video links works fine and Paramount state it did 214 on the dyno. I reckon it's safe to say this car's not likely to go that fast off a dyno, safely anyway. By the way Viezu and Paramount have somewhat of a troubled history though I've no personal experience with either.

Tom and Swallows, I do know personally however, and they're a solid bunch. They're serious Jaguar motorsports enthusiasts with a great reputation.

steve_k_xk (11-28-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,191 Likes on 3,109 Posts

Originally Posted by jahummer
It's a 6-speed manual ZF kit, custom fit by Swallows. They've done several with success.
Wouldn't that be "Sport Mode"??? Different gears maybe. Easier to change the ring and pinion in that case.

Stuart S (11-28-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Wouldn't that be "Sport Mode"??? Different gears maybe. Easier to change the ring and pinion in that case.
Not certain I understand your question as I know you know the difference between an automatic and a manual transmission.

For clarity, the kit I’m referring to is a full ZF manual transmission, not an automatic.

https://swallows-jag.co.uk/reinventing-an-icon/

Old 11-28-2023, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 497 Likes on 323 Posts

This dude swapped out the auto for manwell gearbox on an older XKR:

Here he is driving the stick:

Old 11-30-2023, 01:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,544 Likes on 893 Posts

Technically, based on final drive ratio (3.31.1) max rpm of 6500 and an overdrive ratio of .69 on the ZF6hp are we not all going to have the same theoretical top speed on a dyno which offers minimal resistance , I'm not here to rain on anyone's party and love the fact you are committed to achieving such a feat on a already powerful and beautiful vehicle, but have you ever thought of having your rpm lifted to 7000 to achieve a higher top speed instead of looking at different gearbox solutions and stand-alone software in order to have your xkr functional

Old 11-30-2023, 04:03 AM
Default yes, we had looked at that we found that it wouldn’t make that much of a difference

Originally Posted by steve_k_xk
Technically, based on final drive ratio (3.31.1) max rpm of 6500 and an overdrive ratio of .69 on the ZF6hp are we not all going to have the same theoretical top speed on a dyno which offers minimal resistance , I'm not here to rain on anyone's party and love the fact you are committed to achieving such a feat on a already powerful and beautiful vehicle, but have you ever thought of having your rpm lifted to 7000 to achieve a higher top speed instead of looking at different gearbox solutions and stand-alone software in order to have your xkr functional
Sir, it is evident that the current gearbox is being pushed to its limits, particularly when considering its performance on the Dyno. While I acknowledge that the behavior of the car will substantially differ on the track and the road, accounting for variables such as crosswinds, headwinds, tailwinds, and variations in surface conditions, it is apparent that we have reached the maximum potential of the existing gearbox. The time has come for the car to be entrusted to Swallows Racing, where Tom has demonstrated his capability in effecting necessary modifications to other vehicles, such as implementing an eight-speed gearbox that requires a shorter driveshaft. There are additional adjustments that can be made to the engine without imposing excessive strain, but the gearbox stands as the primary avenue for progress. Furthermore, the transition to carbon wheels will significantly reduce the car's weight. While Viezu Technologies has taken the car as far as possible, it is now imperative to engage the expertise of racing professionals. As individuals with firsthand experience in both rally and track driving, we understand the significance of this decision and emphasize that the racing experts are the most qualified to advance the car's performance.

Old 11-30-2023, 05:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,544 Likes on 893 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankTough
Sir, it is evident that the current gearbox is being pushed to its limits, particularly when considering its performance on the Dyno. While I acknowledge that the behavior of the car will substantially differ on the track and the road, accounting for variables such as crosswinds, headwinds, tailwinds, and variations in surface conditions, it is apparent that we have reached the maximum potential of the existing gearbox. The time has come for the car to be entrusted to Swallows Racing, where Tom has demonstrated his capability in effecting necessary modifications to other vehicles, such as implementing an eight-speed gearbox that requires a shorter driveshaft. There are additional adjustments that can be made to the engine without imposing excessive strain, but the gearbox stands as the primary avenue for progress. Furthermore, the transition to carbon wheels will significantly reduce the car's weight. While Viezu Technologies has taken the car as far as possible, it is now imperative to engage the expertise of racing professionals. As individuals with firsthand experience in both rally and track driving, we understand the significance of this decision and emphasize that the racing experts are the most qualified to advance the car's performance.
I have been keeping myself up-to-date with their most recent build, the XK8, and it's performing quite well on the track. There's no doubt that you are in very capable company with Swallows. It does sound like you have taken quite a methodical approach to this particular build, and I am quite eager to see the different stages of this project take place

Along with the carbon wheels, gearbox, and obviously increased engine power, have discussions taken place in regards to further weight reductions, suspension upgrades, and increased braking capabilities? I would love to hear what you potentially have in mind for these areas of the build.

Last edited by steve_k_xk; 11-30-2023 at 05:03 AM.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:31 PM
Received 155 Likes on 113 Posts

8 speed manual huh?

Which one?

This is all a massive load of bs. Perhaps a 12 year old

Quick Reply: The worlds fastest XKR 5 L supercharged