XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XKR Cab Silly Questions List!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: XKR Cab Silly Questions List!

take the suv to the golf course and back into parking spaces.......

life is good when you have to search for issues [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 09-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well with the top down you can fit a couple of sets of clubsin the back seat with the front passenger seat forward....or just leave extra set at the Club.......nice problem to have huh?
Ifyour not required to have front plate in your state(my doesn't)please dont!!!!!!.....that front grill is too sweet to clutter it!!!! But I noticed on other post(SteveF I believe) has one on front...may be able to help you.
I would be interested in disabling the exhaust dampining feature so it grows at ALL RPMs
We have to be aware that most people wont have much sympathy for our "problems" with our XKR's.....Oh well
Glad I found this placce to keep up with other XKR enthusiasts

ScootMan

Old 09-07-2008, 09:55 AM

I've got the ACM on my '08 XKR, nothing you can do about working it thru the CD player, however the steering wheel functions work the IPOD, in case you weren't aware.

Agree, don't put the front plate on, I live in California and have never used a front plate on any of my vehicles, I keep it in the car just in case, but I've never been pulled over for it, even when I've gotten a speeding ticket.

Everyone should have such problems!!! aye

Old 09-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the plate put on the front, just got tired of being pulled over every couple of days, [/align]here in Virginia they are a real pain about those little things. Just go to the dealer, they have the bracket you need[/align]you will have to drill into the front bumper. If you don't have to have it on don't put it on.[/align]

And by the way there is no fix according to the tech I talked to the other day about the reverse lightissue, in addition you only have one fog light in the rear, the older xkr's 2006 back had two. I was great to see the idiot riding you tail slam on his breaks when you flicked on the fogs and he thought you were breaking[/align]

The following users liked this post:
winstonsalemncxk (08-15-2017)
Old 09-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

ORIGINAL: stevef

It was great to see the idiot riding your tail slam on his breaks when you flicked on the fogs and he thought you were breaking[/align]
Never tried this steve, but thanks for the tip! I soon will.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Id use double sided tape on the bracket if you are hell bent on using a front plate, we had a front euro plate on one of the Porsches and thats what we used. Once you drill holes there is no going back and this could turn off a potential buyer when you go to sell it!

Steve, I love using the rear fog light trick at night! people shouldn't get close, esp. when they can just pass you....i wish all my cars had rear fogs

Old 09-18-2008, 09:12 PM

Okay, my friends are ragging on me hard that i have one reverse tail light. They firmly believe i got suckered by the dealer and need a new tail light. Of course all of us Jag owners know that is not the case and XK's and XKR's have one reverse tail light. Is there somewhere on the internet documenting this or in the manual. I briefly looked in the manual and didn't see anything...could someone point me to the correct page.

Thank you

Old 09-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Once you drill the bumper you can always get bumper plugs if you decide to take the front plates off later. Although it won't look as flush as OEM but much better than holes in the bumper.