Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'01 XK8 preventive maintenance coming

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile '01 XK8 preventive maintenance coming

Good day to all,

I don't post up much as I don't own the XK8 I'll be working on, but I value this forum as a viable and absolutely vital method of obtaining vehicle specific nuances and repairs, for that I thank everyone who has contributed.

Soon, I'll be working on the following items on a 2001 XK8:

- Coolant pipe
- Upper/Lower radiator hoses
- Bypass hose
- Both upper O2 sensors
- Timing chain kit w/tensioners

Earlier this year i rebuilt the transmission due to a faulty "A" drum. The vehicle has over 90k miles on it. I hope to take various photos and post up upon/while working on the vehicle.

v/r,
Jose

The following 2 users liked this post by pacobeagle:
Orthodixie (12-03-2017), taxman (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 05:20 PM

Hello,

Managed to successfully replace both upper O2 sensors today. I decided to replace both IOT resolve a P1646 issue the vehicle was having. Additionally, there was a mysterious coughing and joking and overall lack of drivability from the vehicle that resulting in my replacing the MAF sensor. The thing now runs like a scalded dog compared to the lethargic nature it had before. It's actually worth driving!

Currently awaiting the arrival of thermostat, water pump, VVT solenoid gaskets and valve cover gasket kit IOT to begin the major repair of coolant hoses and timing chains w/tensioners.

That is all,
Jose

Old 12-08-2017, 06:55 AM

Update for all,

This vehicle has 91k miles on it, not making any noise that I can hear with the engine running. Yesterday, I removed the valve covers only to find the dreaded tensioners lacking the plastic guides and the secondary chains riding metal-to-metal. Luckily, I had the parts on hand to go ahead and continue with the timing chain replacement.

I will be finishing up this repair today. This thing should run smooth once done!!!!

Jose