XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Jaguar XKR - Whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Jaguar XKR - Whats it worth?

My brother owns a small dealership and I was with him at the dealer only auction today and I saw this beauty coming through. This price was low and I had to take a chance. I would love to get some input as to what you guys think this car is worth.

-2000 Jaguar XKR Coupe V8 Supercharged
-Black on Black
-122k miles
-Rebuilt Vermont Title (collision with a culvert, some kind of drain pipe)
-Runs and Drives great
-Shifts very smooth
-No major dings or anything I could find to exterior
-Headliner has been removed and is in the trunk
-Sunvisors are missing
-Suspension Fault appears
-No check engine lights
-AC/Heat work great
-Rims/tires in great shape

All I have been able to take are these two terrible phone images. With a good detail she will be glistening.

Thank you guys for any thoughts/input at all. Jaguars are somewhat foreign to me but after driving this one around, I'm an instant fan.

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Jaguar XKR - Whats it worth?-img953588_zps63aeea0b.jpg   2000 Jaguar XKR - Whats it worth?-0424131215_zps4d825990.jpg  
Old 04-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,337 Likes on 722 Posts

Give or take, about $10k to $13.5K, depends on the conditions of the car.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh how I wish that was true. I'm selling my 2000 XKR black coupe 110000 miles, clear title and no problems for $12,500.00 and will take less. I'd say around $5k, then a couple a grand to fix what you already know about and a couple more for what you don't know. Then when it's all done might be worth $8 or $9k. I wouldn't even touch the ebay car.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 676 Likes on 550 Posts

I think Jeff in Tucson said he paid $8600 for his 2000 XKR 'vert with 122k miles and no issues. This one has some known problems and a rebuilt title, so should be much less.

Hopefully you bought it right (under $5k) and the prior repairs were done right. If you intend to keep it, expect to spend several thousand more.

But once it's sorted out, you'll really love the car. When in good order, they become very reliable and are always a blast to drive.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:27 PM

Got a chance to go down to the shop and check out the Jag again. Hooked up a scan tool and all the monitors are set and still no CEL's. There was a pending P1111 that I just looked up and found out that its just a Jaguar thing and that means that the readiness monitors are all properly set. So thats good, I will take it through emissions tomorrow.

I did notice now the Trac Not Working and ASC Not Working faults are appearing. I did some some searching around and the first thing I'm going to check is the battery. It was nearly dead when I saw the car at the auction but it came through and has started up for me fine ever since, but, perhaps its weak and dying. Other than that I saw a lot of info on the ABS module and how to resolder some pins, etc. which has corrected a lot of peoples similar issues.

I got to take it on the highway and give a few pulls and she hauls real good.

I still dont know what Im doing with her yet though! She is gorgeous but the original reason why I bought her was to sell her. I have a young family and making money is something I need to do rather than enjoy a beautiful car. lol!

I snapped a few more pictures while I was there with a better camera. Haven't had a chance to wash/wax her yet.

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Jaguar XKR - Whats it worth?-p1030085_zps8f9619a7.jpg   2000 Jaguar XKR - Whats it worth?-p1030087_zpsd7965a97.jpg   2000 Jaguar XKR - Whats it worth?-p1030088_zps4a246e17.jpg   2000 Jaguar XKR - Whats it worth?-p1030089_zps16c50f3d.jpg   2000 Jaguar XKR - Whats it worth?-p1030091_zpsb1af7fba.jpg  

2000 Jaguar XKR - Whats it worth?-p1030090_zpsf4433f57.jpg  
Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Received 149 Likes on 118 Posts

This is the coupe version of my XKR that I just bought! While mine doesn't have a rebuilt title, I did recently discover that the whole car had been repainted at some point, and not all that great, though the Carfax was clean FWIW. It has no serious body or mechanical issues, though the wheels are pretty chewed up and I plan to repair or replace them at my next tire interval. Interior is in good nick except for a worn driver's seat with a single small gash. But let's say they're about the same. Whatever the value difference is between the coupe and the convertible, consider the fact that I paid $8k for mine last Christmas. For this coupe, if it were me, no more than $7k due to the title. Disconnect the suspension module (CATS box, at the back of the spare wheel well), install the headliner, put in a new battery, pick up some sun visors off eBay or a parting out here, wash and wax it (though if you lay hands on it that much, you will fall in love and keep it), get all the fluids changed, and you may have a good solid car to enjoy as a daily driver so long as nothing else creeps up. No CELs and a good test drive go a long way to build confidence. But I wouldn't expect to make more than a grand if you try and flip it due to the title alone, even though you could present it better. And that would include any parts and labor you put into it to get it there. Though it would be fun to say you owned it... consider keeping it for a year.

And if you do keep it and it seems to be a solid car, reward it with H&R 20mm spacers all around, STAT! They do wonders for the look and balance of this car.

Last edited by Sentinelist; 04-25-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:41 AM

Thanks a bunch for the info and advice. I will look into that CATS module first thing. Im going to test the battery for voltage as soon as I get over there because its been sitting now for over 16 hours and I wanna see if its going bad. Most likely it will be. I did notice the spare tire is gone from the trunk, too. Maybe the module got disconnected...? idk.

What you said is pretty much my plan. Getting it through CT emissions today. Installing new battery if needed. Checking that CATS module. Installing new headliner. Looking online for sun visors, and I think a dome light too because that is not there either. I never actually looked hard for them. Hopefully they are under the seats or something. The liner was in the trunk, i see no reason as to why they would throw away the visors and light. Then wash/wax/buff/polish and make her look super sexy.

I never actually said what I paid for her other than a "good price". I'd rather keep it that way . But, if someone showed up and offered me $5,000 right now to take it off my hands and not have to touch her anymore, I would take it and make a decent amount of money.

I would rather try fixing her up and selling for a greater profit though. This was the only car I bought at the auction so shes got my attention all weekend.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:07 AM

The battery came up as 12.06v, I believe thats low but she still starts right up no problem. Passed CT Emissions today with no problems. ASC and Trac lights are off again today. Drove around a bunch and never saw them again. She definitely needs a front wheel bearing which I just ordered from Autozone. I was expecting a big price tag but they had 2 choices, one for $20 and one for $40 (these are dealership prices). I got the $40 one and that will get put in tonight.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 430 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by v0lten
She definitely needs a front wheel bearing which I just ordered from Autozone. I was expecting a big price tag but they had 2 choices, one for $20 and one for $40 (these are dealership prices). I got the $40 one and that will get put in tonight.
Special Tools are required to replace the Wheel Bearing. You probably need to have a Jaguar Dealer or qualified independent mechanic do the work.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:58 PM

Uh oh. Already ordered the bearing and my brothers mechanic is going to be attempting to put it in tonight. He does wheel bearings all the time on all types of cars but I dont know if hes ever done a Jag wheel bearing. Is it possible to do without these special tools? I highly doubt he has any special tool for Jag wheel bearings in his toolbox.

Should I warn him and tell him to not attempt it?

edit: It turns out Im going to need a new battery after all. This battery was shot after a few minutes of the car in ON with the vents on low and lights on.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 430 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by v0lten
Uh oh. Already ordered the bearing and my brothers mechanic is going to be attempting to put it in tonight. He does wheel bearings all the time on all types of cars but I dont know if hes ever done a Jag wheel bearing. Is it possible to do without these special tools? I highly doubt he has any special tool for Jag wheel bearings in his toolbox.

Should I warn him and tell him to not attempt it?

edit: It turns out Im going to need a new battery after all. This battery was shot after a few minutes of the car in ON with the vents on low and lights on.
See this:

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Jaguar XKR - Whats it worth?-xk8_abs_nut.jpg-1.jpg  
Old 04-26-2013, 03:31 PM

Yikes

Old 04-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,337 Likes on 722 Posts

You're joking right? Do you really need that much leverage?