Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Abaco maf anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Abaco maf anyone?

Anyone running an Abaco Maf with stock injectors or upgraded injectors? Looking for a MAF transfer function that will work till I get my Wideband installed which may not be for some time. Wanted to mock up the installation first which would require some cutting

Many Thanks:O)

Damon

Old 11-13-2015, 09:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 763 Posts

DBX85 with stock injectors and a twin screw. Should have upgraded the injectors while it was apart... live and learn... some day.

Mine is a 4.2, so transfer function will be a little different for a 4.0 but I'm glad to send them over if you PM your email address. With some patience you can "tune" it with the fuel trims and get close.

Also, if you have SDD and a dealer cable (or knock off) you can read the raw current output from the O2 sensors and convert that to AFR. They are actually wideband sensors but stop sending data over normal OBD at WOT.

The following users liked this post:
XxSlowpokexX (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member

I have the abaco for my twin screw on my xjr with upgraded injectors and avos sent me a transfer function file for it. I got a good deal on another abaco for my 2001 xkr. Being I was still using the stock MAF I figured maybe someone may have already done the hard work:O)...Id either use factory injectors or upgrade to the ones from my 4.2. I'm curious though. On many fords the MAF remains the same and the transfer function within the EEC is different to compensate for injector size . Is that the case with the 4.0 and 4.2 engines mafs? I actually have dealer SDD but have yet to play with it.....Well a knockoff at least. I have a bit of stuff I want to do to the xkr and would be nice to upgrade the injectors while swapping blowers. Thanks much!

Old 11-16-2015, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 763 Posts

The transfer function is just the conversion from Voltage to g/s mass flow rate, what the ECU does with it to calculate fueling is a different question entirely.

The part number is different for the MAF of a 4.0 and a 4.2, and even between N/A and supercharged but like you say, that doesn't mean they are physically any different.

I might have the stock transfer function for the 4.2 in my archive somewhere, but again, this is probably a starting point, not a final solution.

The following users liked this post:
XxSlowpokexX (11-17-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member

With my other vehicles I'm able to tune myself however I generally get a MAF curve that is meant for my injectors and really just needs a bit of fine tuning. I have a spare Innovate wide band and datalogger I am probably going to install. When I do that Ill hit you up for the transfer functions. May help as a good starting point