XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remote Start

Has anybody installed remote starting and automatic front window roll up system on a keyless entry remote of a 2001 xk8???? and if someone has what system did they use.....

Thanks

Old 09-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts

Viper alarms, but be very careful about who does the install.
If they do not know what they are doing, they can screw it up just as easy.
Jaguars are on the more difficult side of install so do not be looking for cheap. Most likely in the 4-5 hundred dollars range for qualified installer and allow for 2 days to complete install. You will also need to supply them with a key, I used the green valet key for remote install. There are a few other nuances to Jaguar and since you do not have your car information listed in your signature I do not know what model Jaguar you have so I am not able to go farther, the car information is VERY important to list in your Forum signature so others can help you, when YOU ask for help!!

Take a moment and fill out your signature, so we can help.

Good luck and

Happy Motoring...

The following 2 users liked this post by vettegood:
Charlie Galea (09-24-2012), Johnken (11-20-2015)
Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

+1
There are good units out there, but I too have heard horror stories of incompetant installations. Make sure you installer uses soldered conections, not T-taps or Scotchlok taps. Positaps are OK, but I do not think they are available in Europe.

If you are more interested in remote windows than remote start, I offer a remote window module at http://www.thejagwrangler.com/coupe-...ow-updown.html that is much less expensive and has simpler installation.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 09-24-2012 at 11:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Charlie Galea (09-24-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok white and thanks will have a look at your window module and probably get one from you. How hard is it to install and can I do it or get a Pro. BTW have you tried to see if you can make a remote start module???? would be cool to have that on the original Jag remote....

Old 09-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Charlie Galea
ok white and thanks will have a look at your window module and probably get one from you. How hard is it to install and can I do it or get a Pro. BTW have you tried to see if you can make a remote start module???? would be cool to have that on the original Jag remote....
Only you can answer that, but many of my customers do it themselves. You will need to remove the door panel and jack up the car and remove one wheel. There is a video referenced in the instructions for removing the door panel.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
+1
There are good units out there, but I too have heard horror stories of incompetant installations. Make sure you installer uses soldered conections, not T-taps or Scotchlok taps. Positaps are OK, but I do not think they are available in Europe.

If you are more interested in remote windows than remote start, I offer a remote window module at Coupe Remote Window Up/Down - TheJagWrangler that is much less expensive and has simpler installation.
Hey, I need a left handed smoke bender for my 98 XK8. Got one? You seem to have everything else. Ha ha ha . You are a God send when it comes to great after market stuff that we need but no one else has even thought of yet. Keep up the good work.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bigvettefreak
Hey, I need a left handed smoke bender for my 98 XK8. Got one? You seem to have everything else. Ha ha ha . You are a God send when it comes to great after market stuff that we need but no one else has even thought of yet. Keep up the good work.

Thank you! I have been having a blast making these products and meeting so many cool Jag owners.

P.S. I had almost added your left handed smoke bender to my todo list until I looked it up in the urban dictionary

Old 11-17-2015, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone installed a remote start on a 1997 jaguar xk8?

My installer put the remote start in; however when the remote starts the car, the car alarm kicks in, and has the starter start cranking. If we disconnect the remote start, I get an open bonnet message in the message section. Any ideas?
Originally Posted by vettegood
Viper alarms, but be very careful about who does the install.
If they do not know what they are doing, they can screw it up just as easy.
Jaguars are on the more difficult side of install so do not be looking for cheap. Most likely in the 4-5 hundred dollars range for qualified installer and allow for 2 days to complete install. You will also need to supply them with a key, I used the green valet key for remote install. There are a few other nuances to Jaguar and since you do not have your car information listed in your signature I do not know what model Jaguar you have so I am not able to go farther, the car information is VERY important to list in your Forum signature so others can help you, when YOU ask for help!!

Take a moment and fill out your signature, so we can help.

Good luck and

Happy Motoring...