Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adaptive Cruise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 03:43 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by malbec
You have to be very alert on right hand bends in the UK and left hand in the US. It will slam the brakes on if it detects a vehicle in the inside lane.
That's never happened to me. I have always wondered how the system differenciates between the different lanes of traffic when I'm overtaking, but it seems to do just fine. The only brake-slamming incident I have encountered (described above) was my own fault.

I thought there was a switch to deactivate the active part of the cruise control anyway? I've never read the manual to see which one it is, because I'm ok with the fully active setup.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:05 AM
Received 294 Likes on 164 Posts

The manual has a diagram warning of the danger of adaptive cruise on bends.
There is no way of switching to normal cruise.
The "Forward Alert" switch will give warnings during non cruise driving, it will come up with "DRIVER INTERVENE !" message instead of braking for you.
The driver intervene message will also come up if during cruise it can't put the brakes on hard enough.
I just don't like it apart from when in an average speed camera zone where it does an excellent job of maintaing your distance from the vehicle ahead.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

look under the bonnet its at the front of the plastic bumper

Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Sam, I believe the Jaguar ACC is only able to apply 25% of braking force. Yes, even that amount can be startling, however, once the distance that you have set as follow distance is achieved, it lets off the brakes and continues to follow at that distance. I believe it also lights the brake lights when it does brake.
The nice thing is, if you are caught in traffic it automatically slows down and when you can get in an open lane, it takes off again. Love it. No more cancelling cruise control then reset when in a clear lane.
One other thing it does, that I like, is give you an exact readout of set speed. I generally set it about two mph over the speed limit, 77 mph here in Nebraska. I have checked it with my garmin gps and it is spot on.
I love this car and would not trade it for one with "regular" cruise control.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Friarshuck
Sam, I believe the Jaguar ACC is only able to apply 25% of braking force. Yes, even that amount can be startling, however, once the distance that you have set as follow distance is achieved, it lets off the brakes and continues to follow at that distance. I believe it also lights the brake lights when it does brake.
The nice thing is, if you are caught in traffic it automatically slows down and when you can get in an open lane, it takes off again. Love it. No more cancelling cruise control then reset when in a clear lane.
One other thing it does, that I like, is give you an exact readout of set speed. I generally set it about two mph over the speed limit, 77 mph here in Nebraska. I have checked it with my garmin gps and it is spot on.
I love this car and would not trade it for one with "regular" cruise control.
I agree with everything you just said!