Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Pictures to Posts

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,110 Likes on 932 Posts
Default Adding Pictures to Posts

Took a while but I found how to add pictures to posts. It is in the Forum's FAQ at the following link. I copied the text to this thread just for convenience.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...l&titlesonly=0

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

The following users liked this post:
Kaz-UK (09-01-2016)
Old 09-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,618 Likes on 874 Posts

Hi Gus
What is the maxium quota number of attachment files a member can store?
Also how does a member get his quota number of files increased?
I like to help other members with Jaguar repair inquires on the forums. I have access to the JTIS files that describe and illustrate many repair operations.
I am a retired Certified Novell Network Engineer with experience with Mainframe Database (10 yrs) with HomeEquity PHH, then LAN and PC tech support (8 yrs Consultant & Help Desk) with Citibank Northeast US Division.
Also I like to do all the repairs on our 2001 XJ8 that are within my DIY abilites.
Thank you for help
Jim Lombardi

Old 09-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Maximum number of attachments, of any type or size, is limited to four (4) per post (not thread). There are no cumulative limits that I am aware of.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pics

I ll have to try that, thanks.
Qbin1110