Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Tire Story

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 402 Likes on 299 Posts
Red face Another Tire Story

Okay, so I get on the computer and find some tires at the big tire chain and I fill out all the info on the tire sizes, the make, model, year, engine size, vin and then
I schedule the appointment to have them installed. I get there, they make me fill out all the info again on the computer, but they did have my appointment in the
computer from when I made it. So, the clerk talks me into an alignment, and I figure, what the heck, and when they checked, they said the toe was off. Long story short (maybe), I finally get my car back and just want to get out of there. I get out of the place and I look at the alignment info sheet and it has all the specs and
what they changed and at the top it says "2001 Jaguar Van den Plas". Well, I did have a 2001 Van den Plas, but that's been quite a while but, 1) I can't believe they couldn't tell the difference between a Vanden Plas and an XK8, and 2) I filled out forms twice telling them every detail about the car including the engine size and that it was a convertible.
So besides having to deflate the tires from 60psi and cracking the lug nuts loose so I can torque them to a normal human torque, I now need to make sure they didn't mess up my toe-in by setting the thing to XJ specs. Does anybody happen to know right off if the specs are different ?

Old 09-11-2017, 11:56 PM
Received 323 Likes on 211 Posts
The following users liked this post:
JimmyL (09-12-2017)